Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019 QB Predictions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Go Greene & White View Post
    I say go hard after Harris. 625-650/yr. Don't fool around with negotiations wrt QBs this year.
    I think that would be a big overpay in an obvious sellerís market. Harris is arguably the third best QB in the league right now but I donít think that means heís worth breaking the bank for. If that much SMS is devoted to your QB he better be worth it because youíll have to make tough choices at other positions. I would say worth it for Reilly and Mitchell, but not so sure about Harris.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mustard Tiger View Post
      Throwing out silly contracts to drive up prices only works in fantasy GM land. If itís actually a ridiculous offer other GMs will say ďk byeĒ and then we either sign the guy for a crazy amount, or admit we werenít really serious. And if the amount is so crazy that it would hurt another team, do we want him at that amount? Debatable.
      This is why the Riders never have and never will attract top level FA QBís not willing to pony up and pay the big $$ to bring them here and why we will always get the leftovers !

Comment

I think that would be a big overpay in an obvious sellerís market. Harris is arguably the third best QB in the league right now but I donít think that means heís worth breaking the bank for. If that much SMS is devoted to your QB he better be worth it because youíll have to make tough choices at other positions. I would say worth it for Reilly and Mitchell, but not so sure about Harris.
        Reilly will be over his projected 4year 700K/yr and Mitchell will be over that. If you want the rest of the best, you have to pay and I think you will see other teams pay at least that for Harris and maintain a supporting cast for him to throw at.

Comment

• Originally posted by Unityriderguy View Post

Ya for sure
          Rumour

Comment

This is why the Riders never have and never will attract top level FA QBís not willing to pony up and pay the big $$ to bring them here and why we will always get the leftovers !
            EXACTLY!!! This is going to be the new standard if you want an elite QB in this league and GMs will have to manage that.

Comment

Actually thatís a totally BS statement. It has nothing to do with not spending money, we spend to the SMS limit every year just like every other team. I didnít say Harris is worth $650k but weíll never give it to him. I questioned whether he was worth that much and if it was prudent to spend that much to get him.

Itís totally different than not having the money to spend way back when. Besides, what the Riders of the 90s and before were willing and able to do has absolutely no bearing on the present or future so itís silly to believe that a reluctance or inability to pay will have any effect whatsoever on attracting free agents.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trav View Post

After reading Dickenson talk up Collaros i have a feeling we're going to be stuck with him again. If that happens then the new regime gets a big fat F that's all I'll say. Not seeing Jefferson signed yet is also concerning. Jennings I'll take for now if Harris and Reilly don't come here
                Agreed, That would be an epic fail

Comment

Reilly will be over his projected 4year 700K/yr and Mitchell will be over that. If you want the rest of the best, you have to pay and I think you will see other teams pay at least that for Harris and maintain a supporting cast for him to throw at.
                  I question whether the rest of the best is worth only $50-75k less than Reilly. Weíll see about the supporting cast, but I will say the only way itís possible is for teams to have multiple rookies or first-contract players contributing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moe_Zaic View Post

Rumour
                    Yup it seems like that

Comment

• Originally posted by The Duke View Post

I donít think TO can afford Harris under and big contract and Franklin under a fairly big contract...huge for a backup. BT on the other hand is perfect for them cause he signed for cheap and would be a great backup for a Harris. Capable of winning games and great contract. Because of that if TO signs a big name Qb then I think Franklin is moved by default due to his contract.
                      This is likely true. I like Franklin. Afraid they may trade him to Edmonton, instead of us!

Comment

EXACTLY!!! This is going to be the new standard if you want an elite QB in this league and GMs will have to manage that.
                        Is Trevor Harris elite? My answer is no but others may feel differently. Elite money is fine if itís an elite player.

Comment

Actually thatís a totally BS statement. It has nothing to do with not spending money, we spend to the SMS limit every year just like every other team. I didnít say Harris is worth $650k but weíll never give it to him. I questioned whether he was worth that much and if it was prudent to spend that much to get him.

Itís totally different than not having the money to spend way back when. Besides, what the Riders of the 90s and before were willing and able to do has absolutely no bearing on the present or future so itís silly to believe that a reluctance or inability to pay will have any effect whatsoever on attracting free agents.
                          The Riders have always paid top $ to FA players just not in the QB position .The Riders like it or not have to or will be getting the left overs

Comment

• Iím gonna say Bo to sask Iím probably wrong but if Iím not I said it

Comment

Is Trevor Harris elite? My answer is no but others may feel differently. Elite money is fine if itís an elite player.
                              I think this a year that average gets elite moolah unfortunately because of supply and demand

Comment

If you want the player, you are going to have to pay no matter if you think he is worth it or not. You are starting to see a change once again in the CFL. This is just the start of what will transpire in the near future for top players and I am taking about more than just the Qbs. You will see other positions being paid more that you think they are worth. I don't disagree with your comment wrt if he is worth that much with the old sms, but as it goes up so do a lot of the contracts and it usually starts with the QBs. Wait for it, Harris will get at least 600K.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X