Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019 QB Predictions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Murphy View Post

We would most likely have to give up more as he is under contract this year, last year the Argos were trading for his rights and had to sign him to new deal
    If the Argo's land Harris or Bo, then the trade value of Franklin goes down. Way down. Most teams will wait it out for the Argos to release him. I guess it would depend on what teams missed out on the QB carousel.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vegas View Post

Should have kept him and traded reilly in hindsight

actually some here suggested it at the time.
      Yup, hindsight is always 20/20.

Comment

• Originally posted by Unityriderguy View Post
        Someone at work told me they seen on Twitter that Harris was saying he would love Saskatchewan or something like that . I don’t have Twitter so not sure exactly.
        I am sure 650-700k would make him think he might like Saskatchewan. Heavy on the might
        Rider QB Scrappin in Full Swing

Comment

• The only thing that worries me about paying superstar money for Trevor Harris is that, even with an elite receiving corps in Ottawa, he always gave me that Kevin Glenn vibe where’d he rack up yardage like crazy before the red zone, but cough up the ball a lot at inopportune times and settle for lots of field goals. I could see him looking very mediocre with our receivers, and I honestly think if Ottawa lets him walk Dominique Davis could emerge as a star

Comment

• Originally posted by RDavidson View Post

If the Argo's land Harris or Bo, then the trade value of Franklin goes down. Way down. Most teams will wait it out for the Argos to release him. I guess it would depend on what teams missed out on the QB carousel.
            Not if multiple teams are putting in offers for him

Comment

• Originally posted by Sutureself View Post
              The only thing that worries me about paying superstar money for Trevor Harris is that, even with an elite receiving corps in Ottawa, he always gave me that Kevin Glenn vibe where’d he rack up yardage like crazy before the red zone, but cough up the ball a lot at inopportune times and settle for lots of field goals. I could see him looking very mediocre with our receivers, and I honestly think if Ottawa lets him walk Dominique Davis could emerge as a star
              Sorry man don’t mean to target you but Dominique Davis hasn’t gotten a lot of love on here in the last 2 or 3 months for a very limited body of work.

I would bet if you polled 100 Ottawa fans and asked them if they think Dominique Davis will be star and not to worry about Harris leaving 100!would not agree.
              Last edited by Bigsexydawg; 02-11-2019, 03:37 PM.
              Rider QB Scrappin in Full Swing

Comment

The only thing that worries me about paying superstar money for Trevor Harris is that, even with an elite receiving corps in Ottawa, he always gave me that Kevin Glenn vibe where’d he rack up yardage like crazy before the red zone, but cough up the ball a lot at inopportune times and settle for lots of field goals. I could see him looking very mediocre with our receivers, and I honestly think if Ottawa lets him walk Dominique Davis could emerge as a star
                Small sample size on Davis with Winnipeg and Ottawa. I like him but "Star".. I'm not sure of. I have to say this, he has a good arm.

Comment

• Originally posted by Murphy View Post

Not if multiple teams are putting in offers for him
                  That's why I added the QB carousel option. If all dance partners have hooked up, then there is no reason to trade anything unless we want Franklin's contract as is.

IMO, wait a week if we miss out on the players we want, then see what the lay of the land looks like.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bingo_Arms View Post
                    I could be talked into getting excited about James Franklin. I think I’d actually prefer that than Jonny Jennings. I would just be crossing my fingers that O’Day doesn’t have to give up too much for him. Last year the Argos gave up a second round pick if I remember right. I could live with that as a cost for us this year.
                    Based on our QB needs Id give up a 1st to get him and yes I realize he is far from a sure thing.

We are trading from a position of weakness and it will cost us to get something but at this point Im not to concerned about the cost.

Comment

actually I could see his trade value increasing and the supply just got reduced and demand would be higher. Franklin would be traded no way he would be out right released.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigsexydawg View Post

Sorry man don’t mean to target you but Dominique Davis hasn’t gotten a lot of love on here in the last 2 or 3 months for a very limited body of work.

I would bet if you polled 100 Ottawa fans and asked them if they think Dominique Davis will be star and not to worry about Harris leaving 100!would not agree.
                        I've been a huge fan of Davis since his Winnipeg days because he'd always tear it up in the preseason (I know, I know, it's preseason). Maybe star is not the right word, but I think there wouldn't be any appreciable drop-off from Harris's average numbers the past two years if he stayed healthy (4800+ yards, 25ish TDs). I talked him up a couple times on the old Riderfans board

Comment

• My apologies as I haven’t read over the full previous 15 pages on this topic, but so here we are on Free Agents Eve and i am not feeling particularly excited and i dont have visions of sugar plum fairies dancing in my head. Given the general tone and developments of the last few weeks what is the consensus of where Rider nation will land with a QB? The last few years have been bleak and I’m not feeling like i can handle another year of mediocre signal calling and lacklustre pivot performance. It seems forgone that Reily is BC Bound, Edmonton or Ottawa will go hard as we will to I’m sure for Harris but i see us as third in that race. Jennings? Maybe a option. ZC, TL, BB and DW (i puked in my mouth just a bit on that one) all seem like less than consolation prizes. Ricky Ray?, too far gone. Kevin Glenn, wow, move it along and go manage your fast food restaurants please, hasn’t played a down in the past year. We have Watford but his book of work doesnt suggest he is 1st string, starter material....yet. Keep him as a second stringer. What’s our “present” under the tree Wednesday morning? Is it Jennings, Lulay, Willy, Glenn, none of the above? I am pulling for Jennings. Although i am feeling like the kid that Mom and Dad lost their jobs in November and mom has been telling us not to get too exited for Xmas this year, as things are “tough”. Where are you on this Riderfans?

Comment

Last off season Franklin was the hottest commodity going. This offseason there's so much speculation that the Argos can't wait to sign someone else & run him out of town.
                            Nothing like a whole off season to choke on cram sammiches!

Comment

I've been a huge fan of Davis since his Winnipeg days because he'd always tear it up in the preseason (I know, I know, it's preseason). Maybe star is not the right word, but I think there wouldn't be any appreciable drop-off from Harris's average numbers the past two years if he stayed healthy (4800+ yards, 25ish TDs). I talked him up a couple times on the old Riderfans board
                              Pipken and jennings to fight for one and two, and davis as a backup were who i thought we could end up with when this all started. Knew there was No way reilly, bo or harris would end up here.

Posters scoffed the above group.

Think they would be happy with it now?

Comment

• Originally posted by Vegas View Post

Pipken and jennings to fight for one and two, and davis as a backup were who i thought we could end up with when this all started. Knew there was No way reilly, bo or harris would end up here.

Posters scoffed the above group.

Think they would be happy with it now?

I think our new starter will be acquired in a trade with either Montreal or Toronto.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X