Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019 QB Predictions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by TheMan View Post

    I guess so... I just look at an exciting guy like Streveler or a stud like Masoli who took some time to develop and wonder why the Riders NEVER seem to find that guy... Before Darian it was Kent. Before Kent...???? Finding and Developing two guys in that long kind of hurts.... The Riders NEVER have that up and coming guy everyone drools over.
    Neither Masoli or Strevler have proved they are franchise guys yet

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Murphy View Post

      Neither Masoli or Strevler have proved they are franchise guys yet
      Masoli is a very good QB. I think he has shown enough.

      Comment


      • My fearless prediction has Harris going to the Argos and then the Riders trade for Franklin.

        No inside info...just a guess.
        Waiting for the big ole splash...actually there was no big splash, just a peaceful ripple. Dammit, there was supposed to be a big ole splash!!

        Comment


        • Originally posted by DJR View Post

          Masoli is a very good QB. I think he has shown enough.
          Makes too many mistakes still, isnít a young guy so not like he has years to grow out of them and in his first year as a starter he lead his team to a below .500 record. Not exactly the same level as Reilly, Mitchell or even Durant when he got his break

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Stew View Post

            Since Ron Lancaster retired, the Riders have only recruited three decent quarterbacks; Kent Austin, Kevin Glenn & DD.
            It's one thing to find a quality QB, but it's another thing to develop them into bonafide starters .
            the question that should be asked, is do we have the coaching staff to develop a QB ?
            the first part of development is to have continuity and familiarity of the nuances of the CFL at the QB coach level.
            that is why I would like to see Keven Glenn as our 3dr QB, only as a player if desperately needed but more of a mentorship and sounding board for the developing QB.
            IMHO, KG will make a heck of a QB coach and a great OC.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Rock Preston #1 View Post
              My fearless prediction has Harris going to the Argos and then the Riders trade for Franklin.

              No inside info...just a guess.
              Thatís my prediction too, just the way the whole Harris saga is playing out it seems something happened in the negotiations between him and Ottawa cause I used to think it was 100% he was going back and now it seems like he wonít be

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Murphy View Post

                Makes too many mistakes still, isnít a young guy so not like he has years to grow out of them and in his first year as a starter he lead his team to a below .500 record. Not exactly the same level as Reilly, Mitchell or even Durant when he got his break
                Would you take Masoli as a Rider? I would. Remember they were another team that lost almost all their starting receivers.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Rock Preston #1 View Post
                  My fearless prediction has Harris going to the Argos and then the Riders trade for Franklin.

                  No inside info...just a guess.
                  If Ray decided to play one more year or they sign Harris, $400K is a lot of cabbage to pay a #2 guy.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by go riders View Post

                    If Ray decided to play one more year or they sign Harris, $400K is a lot of cabbage to pay a #2 guy.
                    I guess I'm just assuming Ray is retiring. And yes if Ray comes back Harris would not go there and be a backup. Plus he will make way more than $400K.
                    Waiting for the big ole splash...actually there was no big splash, just a peaceful ripple. Dammit, there was supposed to be a big ole splash!!

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by DJR View Post

                      Would you take Masoli as a Rider? I would. Remember they were another team that lost almost all their starting receivers.
                      Honestly, no

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Ike View Post

                        What has he done?
                        Just saying we recruited him

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Unityriderguy View Post

                          Just saying we recruited him
                          Well not really. He had a tryout with you guys and you dumped him.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by lyin' guy View Post

                            Well not really. He had a tryout with you guys and you dumped him.
                            But we had him at one point

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Unityriderguy View Post

                              But we had him at one point
                              Sure. Ok

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by lyin' guy View Post

                                Sure. Ok
                                I know it was for a short time but some on here asking we recruited

                                Comment

                                Announcement

                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

                                Announcement

                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X