Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019 QB Predictions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stew View Post

Since Ron Lancaster retired, the Riders have only recruited three decent quarterbacks; Kent Austin, Kevin Glenn & DD.
    Burins?

Comment

• Originally posted by Edmontonriderfan33 View Post

Burins?
      If your saying Burris he came from Calgary.

Comment

• Originally posted by painter View Post

If your saying Burris he came from Calgary.
        Lol. Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by TheMan View Post
          When was the last time the Riders recruited a QB?? Darian in what?? 2008???? Sad really while other teams keep unearthing these guys...
          Hasnít been many franchise guys brought into the league after Durant, Reilly and Bo thatís it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fullhouse View Post

Well the Riders probably recruited some, just didnít have a chance to groom them proper and nothing became of them. Steve Sarkesian comes to mind.
            Didnít the Riders recruit Jonathan Jennings?

Comment

When was the last time the Riders recruited a QB?? Darian in what?? 2008???? Sad really while other teams keep unearthing these guys...
              It has really only been a couple of teams that have done it though, and it is because they have the combination of established QB and front office being in place for a few years. What teams have a starting QB they really developed? Calgary, BC, Hamilton. Everyone else pillaged.
              #keepthepromise

Onward with escaping the hopeless fantasy of an artificial freedom and darkened picket fences the disillusioned front of friendly foes

Comment

• Originally posted by inspector7 View Post

Isn't he an older player?
                A couple of months older than Collaros.

Comment

• Originally posted by mrdiehard View Post
                  Darian Durant was aquired from the Hamilton Ticats.
                  As a neg-lister. Riders were the first to give him a contract.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beacon.x View Post

It has really only been a couple of teams that have done it though, and it is because they have the combination of established QB and front office being in place for a few years. What teams have a starting QB they really developed? Calgary, BC, Hamilton. Everyone else pillaged.
                    I guess so... I just look at an exciting guy like Streveler or a stud like Masoli who took some time to develop and wonder why the Riders NEVER seem to find that guy... Before Darian it was Kent. Before Kent...???? Finding and Developing two guys in that long kind of hurts.... The Riders NEVER have that up and coming guy everyone drools over.

Comment

I guess so... I just look at an exciting guy like Streveler or a stud like Masoli who took some time to develop and wonder why the Riders NEVER seem to find that guy... Before Darian it was Kent. Before Kent...???? Finding and Developing two guys in that long kind of hurts.... The Riders NEVER have that up and coming guy everyone drools over.
                      At the time, I would say that although nobody necessarily "drooled" over them, both Drew Willie and Kevin Glenn were in demand from other teams...both began their career here as backups and played well.
                      Waiting for the big ole splash...actually there was no big splash, just a peaceful ripple. Dammit, there was supposed to be a big ole splash!!

Comment

Sometimes we think we do, but doesn't pan out, many times actually. The initial reports over Tino Sunseri's first preseason game were over-the-top about the guy, and then he started playing regularly. Also sort of like Bridge's 2017 appearances related to his 2018 performance. Its not just us, and I don't think its a matter of patience. "Patience" with Sunseri or Bridge I don't think would accomplish much other than a lot of losses. It could be argued losses from a guy on the way up are better than losses from a guy on the way down like Collaros.

My initial thought is to just chalk it up to bad luck, but its been such a theme over the years with the Riders that I think there's probably more to it.

Comment

you missed Henry Burris in there. So Austin/Burris/Durant.

Streveler looks promising, but has proven nothing. Many thought Willy was the next big deal.

Masoli could be a good one. At this point all we know is he can pick up a lot of yards and piles of interceptions. He needs to improve that ratio before he becomes that next level guy. He will be 31 this year, so still has a few solid years if he can round himself out. Anyways, there was not a lot of gushing over him when he was a backup.

If you want to look at backups and having one that shows promise, the Riders have had a few. It is what they become down the road that really matters, and only a few teams have actually been producing those ones.
                          #keepthepromise

Onward with escaping the hopeless fantasy of an artificial freedom and darkened picket fences the disillusioned front of friendly foes

Comment

• Originally posted by squish View Post

Sometimes we think we do, but doesn't pan out, many times actually. The initial reports over Tino Sunseri's first preseason game were over-the-top about the guy, and then he started playing regularly. Also sort of like Bridge's 2017 appearances related to his 2018 performance. Its not just us, and I don't think its a matter of patience. "Patience" with Sunseri or Bridge I don't think would accomplish much other than a lot of losses. It could be argued losses from a guy on the way up are better than losses from a guy on the way down like Collaros.

My initial thought is to just chalk it up to bad luck, but its been such a theme over the years with the Riders that I think there's probably more to it.
                            I would add Bennett to the recent list. He looked super promising in camp. Got knocked around in preseason and could never grind his way out of it.

I firmly believe that a steady front office makes things a lot better. When you are rotating GMs and they are flushing neg lists, it has to make it damned hard to find QBs. I tend to think that because O'Day was a part of the process that a lot of those prospects will stay on there, and that will help. We know it takes a few years to see many of those QBs, and that is basically right where we are starting to enter now.
                            #keepthepromise

Comment

• Originally posted by Unityriderguy View Post

Didnít the Riders recruit Jonathan Jennings?
                              What has he done?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ike View Post

What has he done?
                                He threw for 5000 yards a couple of seasons ago. Not sure who the last 24 year old QB to do that in the CFL was, Probably Ricky.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X