Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

There is legit NFL interest in Bo Levi Mitchell for 2019

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bingo_Arms View Post

Is Plunkett not in the HOF???
    He's like the NFL's Sonny Wade.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rock Preston #1 View Post

Nope. He is the only retired quarterback in NFL history who has led his team to two Super Bowl Championships and not in the Hall of Fame.
      Plunkett is just another one of those HOF debatable guys. While he did get the Raiders into the Super Bowl a couple times and won the SB MVP once he was fairly mediocre through most of his career spending a lot of his Raider time injured or as a backup. He did win AFC Rookie of the year with the Pats after being drafted 1st overall. Pats dumped him after they drafted Grogan sending him to SF who released him after only 2 years. I think it's his performance in his time with NE and SF that's damaging his chances, not the fact he spent time with the Raiders.

In his 7 years with NE/SF:
      87GP, 87GS, 34-53W/L, 983PA, 1994PC, 49.3%, 13217YDS, 84TD 117 INT

In his 8 years with OAK/SF:
      70GP, 57GS, 38-19W/L, 960PA, 1707PC, 56.2%, 12665YDS, 80TD, 81INT

Plunkett was never voted in to the Pro Bowl and was never a 1st of 2nd team all-star. The age old HOF question is do 2 Super Bowl runs override what was mostly a journeyman career.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruberg View Post

I still get the feeling he's going to stay put in Calgary, despite what Dunk thinks. I don't think BLM has the same motivation to prove himself in the show as others do, given he is very happy where he is and he's making decent coin. As a backup in the NFL he wouldn't be making that much more than he is now, would he?. So unless he thinks there is a good chance of making it as a starter I don't think he leaves. Just my opinion.
        I figured the athlete's competiveness and desire to see if they can make it at the highest level would motivate BLM to go NFL. I also thought if he was going he'd get it done quickly. QB, especially a high CFL earner like BLM, makes for a different monetary decision than for a positional player. A positional player stands to makes as much or more even if he winds up on an NFL PR than in the CFL and hits a home run if he makes the 53. For Mitchell he's looking at comparable salary (difference being exchange rate) if he makes the 53 but could be faced with a big haircut if it turns into PR. The longer things take with no NFL contract the more I think the way you are. He might be saying to himself "Ya know I got a pretty good thing going here in Calgary. I think I'm going to stay put."

Comment

• Iím also getting concerned that the longer this goes the more likely he is to end up back with the Stamps.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X