Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

There is legit NFL interest in Bo Levi Mitchell for 2019

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was going to add to my comment but couldn't figure out which unrelated thread title it was buried under. A business or company creating a meaningless position for a player may have been common back in the day but it doesn't fly in this day and age. Any business or private owner wanting to "help" a player out will only do so it there is a requirement that needs to be filled and the player or significant other has the skills to fill that need and provide value to the business. Companies today are obsessed with their FTE numbers and always looking for opportunities to reduce their "head count" as you and I have both experienced. Even when it seems like they can cut no deeper they seem to find more positions to eliminate. In that light I just don't see any private owner or supporter of a community owned team "making up a job" for a player just because. These days there is only a job if there is a job that needs to be done In that light I totally support them helping players find employment opportunities.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruberg View Post

I still get the feeling he's going to stay put in Calgary, despite what Dunk thinks. I don't think BLM has the same motivation to prove himself in the show as others do, given he is very happy where he is and he's making decent coin. As a backup in the NFL he wouldn't be making that much more than he is now, would he?. So unless he thinks there is a good chance of making it as a starter I don't think he leaves. Just my opinion.
      I am unsure one way or the other on his motivation to prove himself but the difference on dollars is significant. Even if he can make simlar dollars as a backup in the NFL vs starter in the CFL if he can stay on the roster for (2 or 3 years - not sure which) he qualifies for the NFL pension plan. It is a generous plan that could make a huge difference later in life.

The other advantage to a backup role if you can make similar dollars is to minimize the long term health impact of getting hit over and over. I have no idea of how many football players think if this but I know I would. I read about an all-star college RB recently (canít remember name) that entered the NFL draft as as a DB for exactly this reason.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rock Preston #1 View Post

Sorry dad, I didn't bring up offseason employment I was just responding to others who brought it up.

Maybe you should launch a formal complaint towards whoever did?
        Thats ok son you are forgiven. LOL!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rock Preston #1 View Post

Nope. He is the only retired quarterback in NFL history who has led his team to two Super Bowl Championships and not in the Hall of Fame.
          That chit ain't right! I make fun of his being ugly but he was a good, smart QB.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kilaeua Rider View Post

I am unsure one way or the other on his motivation to prove himself but the difference on dollars is significant. Even if he can make simlar dollars as a backup in the NFL vs starter in the CFL if he can stay on the roster for (2 or 3 years - not sure which) he qualifies for the NFL pension plan. It is a generous plan that could make a huge difference later in life.

The other advantage to a backup role if you can make similar dollars is to minimize the long term health impact of getting hit over and over. I have no idea of how many football players think if this but I know I would. I read about an all-star college RB recently (canít remember name) that entered the NFL draft as as a DB for exactly this reason.
            Good point...never thought about the pension thing. Also he does have a wonky knee, so he might warm up to being a backup.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruberg View Post

Good point...never thought about the pension thing. Also he does have a wonky knee, so he might warm up to being a backup.
              The whole wonky knee thing is bunk. Talked with my Stamps' source about it last week and he was adamant that Bo has zero knee problems and is 100% healthy.

Comment

• Originally posted by RDavidson View Post

The whole wonky knee thing is bunk. Talked with my Stamps' source about it last week and he was adamant that Bo has zero knee problems and is 100% healthy.
                Your source is also known widely as a very good poker player, kool aid drinker and longtime suffer of confirmation bias...

Comment

• Originally posted by THE RULK View Post

Your source is also known widely as a very good poker player, kool aid drinker and longtime suffer of confirmation bias...
                  True, although I don't agree with the poker part. I do believe him in this instance as he didn't show his usual tells when lying (which is why he is not a good poker player). He seemed to be more frustrated in answering the question which tells me others have asked about health and he had enough of that particular question.

Comment

• Originally posted by RDavidson View Post

True, although I don't agree with the poker part. I do believe him in this instance as he didn't show his usual tells when lying (which is why he is not a good poker player). He seemed to be more frustrated in answering the question which tells me others have asked about health and he had enough of that particular question.
                    I have to wonder what some of the NFL teams thought when they saw Mitchell show up with a knee brace for his workouts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tyree View Post

I have to wonder what some of the NFL teams thought when they saw Mitchell show up with a knee brace for his workouts.
                      Mitchell probably isn't that impressive looking at workouts, not excelling at anything the NFL cookie-cutter could quantify...pretty skinny, no rocket arm, not that mobile. He just a winner but is that a result of playing in a winning system or his personal ability?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tyree View Post

I don't know what to think of that either. Preventive? As for what my source has said, I am passing along info. In this I believe what was said.

Comment

• Huf or Dickenson burner accounts tweeting about Mitchell's bad knee

Comment

• Originally posted by CalgaryRiderFan View Post
                            Huf or Dickenson burner accounts tweeting about Mitchell's bad knee
                            Wasn't Stan the first one here citing the bad knees? I never knew...

Comment

• At one time Bovine supposedly suffered from a chronic throwing shoulder issue. We don't hear anything about that anymore. Guess it must be properly healed up.
                              Nothing like a whole off season to choke on cram sammiches!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mallard View Post
                                At one time Bovine supposedly suffered from a chronic throwing shoulder issue. We don't hear anything about that anymore. Guess it must be properly healed up.
                                He spent much of 2017 with a shoulder injury.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X