Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jonathan Rose suspended for Grey Cup

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Jonathan Rose suspended for Grey Cup

    He may be suspended for the Grey Cup game for shoving a referee during the melee in the second quarter. The CFL’s actions on this will be interesting.

  • #2
    I hope so. I mentioned this in the game thread that it was great to see the Ref's finally playing hard ball with these dough head players.

    Comment


    • #3
      there should be no debate on this

      he attacked a ref - to continue to fight after taking some dumb roughing penalties

      you touch a ref its an ejection and a game suspension AT LEAST - in this case there should be more -

      so what if the next game is the Cup - Rose knew that just makes him a bigger dumb ***

      Comment


      • #4
        so does this melee prove again that the benches should not be on the same side of the stadium. When I watched the clip it looks like Rose got up thinking it was another player stopping him and as the lineman trips over the other player, rose goes to stop then gets pancaked from a Ticat player. Shouldnt grab an official but I still think officials shouldnt be jumping into those spaces so quickly.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Arco Solo View Post
          so does this melee prove again that the benches should not be on the same side of the stadium. When I watched the clip it looks like Rose got up thinking it was another player stopping him and as the lineman trips over the other player, rose goes to stop then gets pancaked from a Ticat player. Shouldnt grab an official but I still think officials shouldnt be jumping into those spaces so quickly.
          Should the officials just let them go like in hockey?

          If you mistake a ref for a player, then you don't have your eyes open. Rose deserves more punishment than he will likely get for this.
          Is it May yet?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Easy Rider View Post
            He may be suspended for the Grey Cup game for shoving a referee during the melee in the second quarter. The CFL’s actions on this will be interesting.
            He *should* be suspended, IMO. He committed an offence (that was, indeed, a rough play out of bounds), continued to engage with Tiger-Cat players, pushed a ref to the ground... Dude needs a timeout. Ed Hervey is probably seeking to trade for him as I type this.
            You matter. Unless you multiply yourself by the speed of light squared... ...then you energy.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Lotus View Post
              I hope so. I mentioned this in the game thread that it was great to see the Ref's finally playing hard ball with these dough head players.
              They generally do if a players gets up on them.

              I didn't think it was intentional, but that really doesn't matter. I would be surprised if he is not suspended, but being the championship I suppose it will come down to how he speaks to Randy oŕ whomever.

              I felt like he got into a really congested scrum and accidentally laid into a ref. In an interview he said he didn't know he pushed a ref until after and that once he figures out who it was that he owes an appaulogy
              #keepthepromise

              Onward with escaping the hopeless fantasy of an artificial freedom and darkened picket fences the disillusioned front of friendly foes

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Beacon.x View Post

                They generally do if a players gets up on them.

                I didn't think it was intentional, but that really doesn't matter. I would be surprised if he is not suspended, but being the championship I suppose it will come down to how he speaks to Randy oŕ whomever.

                I felt like he got into a really congested scrum and accidentally laid into a ref. In an interview he said he didn't know he pushed a ref until after and that once he figures out who it was that he owes an appaulogy
                Even if he gets suspended they will just appeal and he will still play in the Grey Cup game.
                Waiting for the big ole splash...actually there was no big splash, just a peaceful ripple. Dammit, there was supposed to be a big ole splash!!

                Comment


                • #9
                  On TSN they said there was 2 instances last year where players contacted an official and both received a game suspension.

                  This should be no different.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Rotor View Post
                    there should be no debate on this

                    he attacked a ref - to continue to fight after taking some dumb roughing penalties

                    you touch a ref its an ejection and a game suspension AT LEAST - in this case there should be more -

                    so what if the next game is the Cup - Rose knew that just makes him a bigger dumb ***
                    100%

                    If Rose is not suspended I will be shocked, however I assume he will appeal and the suspension will be served in 2019.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Magnum View Post
                      On TSN they said there was 2 instances last year where players contacted an official and both received a game suspension.

                      This should be no different.
                      I recall the Ticat player at New Mosaic. I think he was cut later in the season. Don't recall the other time.

                      If Rose was suspended and the REDBLACKS win the cup, his name will not be on it nor will he get the game cheque.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Knighthawk View Post

                        100%

                        If Rose is not suspended I will be shocked, however I assume he will appeal and the suspension will be served in 2019.
                        Sad, but true. It would bite more if he had to forgo the Cup (especially if they win -- his name wouldn't be on it).
                        You matter. Unless you multiply yourself by the speed of light squared... ...then you energy.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by go riders View Post


                          If Rose was suspended and the REDBLACKS win the cup, his name will not be on it nor will he get the game cheque.

                          https://www.cfl.ca/2018/11/20/cfl-su...grey-cup-game/

                          EDMONTON — The Canadian Football League announced Tuesday that is has suspended defensive back Jonathan Rose for the Grey Cup game on Sunday.

                          Rose was assessed a penalty and ejected from Sunday’s Eastern Final vs. Hamilton after being involved in a post-play sideline altercation.

                          The CFL released the following statement regarding Rose and his suspension:

                          “We are extremely reluctant to take an action that could prevent an athlete from joining his teammates for what may be the most important game of his life. But there is an another principle at stake, one which has very significant implications for our league and sport in general.

                          If we fail to send a strong signal when there is physical abuse of an official, whatever the circumstances, we risk sending the wrong message to not only the athletes in our league but young and aspiring athletes, coaches and even parents throughout sport. Officials are an important part of athletic competition, responsible for its integrity. While their contributions too often go unsung, we cannot allow them to be disrespected or, worse, abused.

                          For these reasons, the Canadian Football League has notified Jonathan Rose of the Ottawa REDBLACKS that he is being assessed a one game suspension for pushing an official during last Sunday’s Eastern Final in Ottawa.”

                          The REDBLACKS wil take on the Calgary Stampeders in the 106th Grey Cup presented by Shaw on Sunday at The Brick Field at Commonwealth Stadium in Edmonton.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Naylor said on TSN yesterday he expects a Redblacks appeal on this if it happened, which it just did, and that the suspension will likely get delayed.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Rider_Stronson View Post
                              Naylor said on TSN yesterday he expects a Redblacks appeal on this if it happened, which it just did, and that the suspension will likely get delayed.
                              they should not - classless idiots if they do

                              heck if the league had done nothing - they should have chosen to let him sit themselves -

                              Comment

                              Announcement

                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.

                              Announcement

                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X