Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jonathan Rose suspended for Grey Cup

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easy Rider
    started a topic Jonathan Rose suspended for Grey Cup

Jonathan Rose suspended for Grey Cup

He may be suspended for the Grey Cup game for shoving a referee during the melee in the second quarter. The CFLs actions on this will be interesting.

• Magnum
    replied
    Some Karma for the 2 colors today.

Should have done the honorable thing and left him off the roster.

Leave a comment:

• Rileysrompers
    replied
    Hope he ends up costing his team the game .

Leave a comment:

• Bioben
    replied
    Then the idiot drops a sure interception!

Leave a comment:

• Curwie
    replied
    Not surprised hes playing. Dont like it but not surprised.

Leave a comment:

• Thestatue
    replied
    Originally posted by gpridernut View Post
    Just to confirm. Hes playing. And starting.
    If Ottawa wants to win, their going to have to beat Calgary on their own, because no calls will be going their way in this one since Rose is playing.

Leave a comment:

• gpridernut
    replied
    Just to confirm. Hes playing. And starting.

Leave a comment:

• pw13
    replied
    Originally posted by CFLFAN1 View Post

It was reported they have to find a judge who will hear the case and it was doubtful they could find one who could make a ruling by Sat. I guess Canadian judges don't work on a On-Call basis?
    No, they don't, except for rare emergency injunction applications. Beyond that, tho, I believe it is not a judge that is required here, it is some sort of adjudicator who has been accepted by both parties, from a list of agreed-on options. And whoever is on that list no doubt has other commitments beyond waiting around for the CFL and CFLPA to come calling.

Leave a comment:

• Riderfaninbc
    replied
    Originally posted by Sofaking View Post

Lol, you might want to take it a bit easy over the next couple days or you will miss the game.
    Day 2 was worse. Lol. Ran into Duthie Climie and Smith on a street corner after Riderville. Said I'm way to ****tered to even talk to you guys. But how bought a pic. Good pic. Fun.
    Last edited by Riderfaninbc; 11-24-2018, 09:52 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Riderfaninbc
    replied
    Originally posted by Curwie View Post

Have fun buddy!
    Thank you.. so far so good.

Leave a comment:

• Lotus
    replied
    Originally posted by CFLFAN1 View Post

It was reported they have to find a judge who will hear the case and it was doubtful they could find one who could make a ruling by Sat. I guess Canadian judges don't work on a On-Call basis?

Leave a comment:

• coralharbour
    replied
    Originally posted by Wheathead Guy View Post

You could have defended him and said: At least it wasnt a 66 oz...or a Texas Mickie!!
    He was lucky he didn't get fired.

Leave a comment:

• CFLFAN1
    replied
    Originally posted by Curwie View Post
    Has there been any update on the appeal process for Rose?

Leave a comment:

• Wheathead Guy
    replied
    Originally posted by coralharbour View Post

Not in cases where the offence is egrigous & indefensible.

When I worked for Transport Cda I was a shop steward. On one occasion a member of our bargaining unit was found to have a 40 of rye in his locker. He was disciplined & wanted to grieve it.

How foolish would the union have looked if he had supported him? What could we have possible said in his defence?
    You could have defended him and said: At least it wasnt a 66 oz...or a Texas Mickie!!

Leave a comment:

• Sofaking
    replied
    Originally posted by coralharbour View Post

Not in cases where the offence is egrigous & indefensible.

When I worked for Transport Cda I was a shop steward. On one occasion a member of our bargaining unit was found to have a 40 of rye in his locker. He was disciplined & wanted to grieve it.

How foolish would the union have looked if he had supported him? What could we have possible said in his defence?
    I dunno the unions I have been involved with would have grieved it. Funny but not and I wasn't involved with the discipline I was still in the union and happened to be on shift. When you work on the floor at Everaz you park and change into work clothes at what we used to call the guard house, then walk to wherever you happen to work. One day in the dead of winter a guy who worked on the mill next to me came in so drunk at 7AM he had one boot on and was carrying the other one and it's at least 500M walking outside to get there, He thought his misplaced boot was his lunch kit. He's lucky he didn't get run over by a piece of pipe. Anyway my point is the union defended him where in a lot of places that would have been clear out your locker, you are fired.

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X