Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jonathan Rose suspended for Grey Cup

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What'd you expect? It's the Grey Cup. Of course it will go down this way.

Comment

The CFL will look lame and incompetent again if Rose plays in the Cup.

Comment

Originally posted by Arco Solo View Post

I still believe the ref should not have stepped in at that moment. That is a good way to get yourself hurt and you arent wearing any pads. Let them push each other around and sort out from the outside. Plus MOVE THE BENCHES TO OPPOSITE SIDES OF THE FIELD!!!!
        I don't see what the location of the benches had to do with this incident. Rose was pretty well the only Ottawa player involved; it wasn't like the benches squared off with each other.
        For the record, in at least one stadium (BMO Field) there isn't sufficient room on the opposite side for a team bench. That might also be the case in Ottawa. In Hamilton, one could probably be fit over there but the Tiger-Cats have elected to use the space for premium seating.
        ---

Author of Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (the inside story of the 1983 Toronto Argonauts). Next up, a book about the 1991 Argos (working subtitle The year the CFL Went Hollywood). To be published . . . whenever it is done.

Comment

If he and the CFL PA appeals the decision, I hope Ottawa does the right thing and cuts him. In no way should he be allowed to play in the Grey Cup after that despicable event.

Comment

Originally posted by riderfan-ontario View Post
            Something to consider is that the refs aren't wearing helmets and pads like the players are, so when they get pushed around, they are more at risk of an injury. That being said, I agree with the suspension, but it seems inconsistent when a player is suspended for pushing a ref, but not for a vicious shot to the head of another player, which arguably could result in a more serious injury. This could almost be interpreted as the league being more interested in protecting the refs than the players.
            The difference is that the officials missed calling the head shots out of poor positioning or because of the speed at which contact happened, which is why we have the extra official on the field now.

When a ref gets directly contacted, the ref knows it. It's a very easy call.

There is no controversy here except what people want to make up.

Comment

People need to stop trying to equate abuse of officials and headshots. They’re two completely different situations.

Comment

Originally posted by Bioben View Post
                The CFL will look lame and incompetent again if Rose plays in the Cup.
                How so? There has to be an appeal process. The CFL is doing everything it can in this situation.

I called in on Sunday that he would be suspended then appeal and serve the suspension in 2019. Nothing the CFL can do about that.

Comment

Originally posted by cybersocko View Post
                  People need to stop trying to equate abuse of officials and headshots. They’re two completely different situations.
                  I see it as respect for the officials.

Comment

I believe it is to increase advertising space and possibly the soccer set up
                    thanks

Comment

Ya friggin Pigeon

Comment

well, the league tried at least. nothing they can do about the appeal process.
                        Wish ottawa had the guts to bench him.

Comment

Funny how the commish wants to suspend players for touching one of their own but they can take delibarte head shots at players put their carrers in danger and that seems to be ok in his mind! I hope he plays he already missed over half of the championship game I say give him a fine the commish is good at that!

Comment

Originally posted by Knighthawk View Post

How so? There has to be an appeal process. The CFL is doing everything it can in this situation.

I called in on Sunday that he would be suspended then appeal and serve the suspension in 2019. Nothing the CFL can do about that.
                            Agree with the appeals process , but get it done before the game .. Expedite this one, or is there a rule stating that it should take 2 weeks. GET er done.

Comment

I still believe the ref should not have stepped in at that moment. That is a good way to get yourself hurt and you arent wearing any pads. Let them push each other around and sort out from the outside. Plus MOVE THE BENCHES TO OPPOSITE SIDES OF THE FIELD!!!!
                              Isn't that his job? Officials don't expect to get pushed by players.

Comment

Originally posted by cybersocko View Post
                                No kidding. They’re completely different issues.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X