Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jonathan Rose suspended for Grey Cup

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rotor View Post

they should not - classless idiots if they do

heck if the league had done nothing - they should have chosen to let him sit themselves -
    ...Meh...Every team would do the same (appeal) going into a championship game...

Comment

Comment

Something to consider is that the refs aren't wearing helmets and pads like the players are, so when they get pushed around, they are more at risk of an injury. That being said, I agree with the suspension, but it seems inconsistent when a player is suspended for pushing a ref, but not for a vicious shot to the head of another player, which arguably could result in a more serious injury. This could almost be interpreted as the league being more interested in protecting the refs than the players.

Comment

All I have to say is that the league REALLY needs to review it's policies this offseason... for shoving a ref in game you can be ejected and suspended, but for delivering an illegal hit to the head with intent to injure a player, you MIGHT get like a $5000 fine, and maybe a 15 yard UR or RTP call... it is is seen at all on the field by the blind mice...

I am not saying that being physical with an official is in any way acceptable, I think the punishment for it is correct... I just wish the MUCH more dangerous play, and the plays that will end up sinking the CFL in CTE lawsuits need to have an equal, if not harsher, penalty applied to them. There is a reason why a lot of parents will not allow their kids to play football, and some players have been adamant that they would not allow their kids to play the sport in it's current state. Compare that to Hockey, Soccer, Basketball, or Baseball... hell even Lacrosse and Rugby are taking more player safety steps then Football.

Comment

I'm with you Itzgodzilla. I'm glad the league is taking this stance with physical contact with an official, but the double standard with head shots is laughable.

Comment

I still don't think shoving a ref was intentional, but it doesn't matter either way because it happened. The league did the right thing here
              #keepthepromise

Everybody knows you never go full Gary.

Comment

Originally posted by Beacon.x View Post
                I still don't think shoving a ref was intentional, but it doesn't matter either way because it happened. The league did the right thing here
                I still believe the ref should not have stepped in at that moment. That is a good way to get yourself hurt and you arent wearing any pads. Let them push each other around and sort out from the outside. Plus MOVE THE BENCHES TO OPPOSITE SIDES OF THE FIELD!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Arco Solo View Post

I still believe the ref should not have stepped in at that moment. That is a good way to get yourself hurt and you arent wearing any pads. Let them push each other around and sort out from the outside. Plus MOVE THE BENCHES TO OPPOSITE SIDES OF THE FIELD!!!!
                  Thats the thing that i find odd. Does anybody know why they did that? Im assuming soccer?

Comment

No way he misses the game...this will be reduced to a fine...or he sits out the first game of next season...

Comment

Appeal should be thrown out immediately so he misses the big game. On what grounds could it even be upheld? He clearly shoved the official (intentional or not doesn't matter) and the precedent has been set multiple times in the past.
                      Is it May yet?

Comment

The sad part is pushing an on field official could cost him minimum $8,000 or maximum $16,000 with the suspension yet Jeffcoat fine for a vicious hit to the head was $1,700.

Comment

It was announced early compared to the normal thursdays. I wonder if that was to try and get the appeal dealt with before the cup.

Comment

Originally posted by 12 year vet View Post

Thats the thing that i find odd. Does anybody know why they did that? Im assuming soccer?
                            I believe it is to increase advertising space and possibly the soccer set up

Comment

Originally posted by Itzgodzilla View Post
                              All I have to say is that the league REALLY needs to review it's policies this offseason... for shoving a ref in game you can be ejected and suspended, but for delivering an illegal hit to the head with intent to injure a player, you MIGHT get like a $5000 fine, and maybe a 15 yard UR or RTP call... it is is seen at all on the field by the blind mice...

I am not saying that being physical with an official is in any way acceptable, I think the punishment for it is correct... I just wish the MUCH more dangerous play, and the plays that will end up sinking the CFL in CTE lawsuits need to have an equal, if not harsher, penalty applied to them. There is a reason why a lot of parents will not allow their kids to play football, and some players have been adamant that they would not allow their kids to play the sport in it's current state. Compare that to Hockey, Soccer, Basketball, or Baseball... hell even Lacrosse and Rugby are taking more player safety steps then Football.
                              until the CFL starts ejecting and suspending players for deliberate head shots they will continue

Comment

Originally posted by failedslacker View Post
                                It was announced early compared to the normal thursdays. I wonder if that was to try and get the appeal dealt with before the cup.
                                Nope.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X