Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GDT ESF Hamilton at Ottawa

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Batcow View Post

THE CFLs best?

The metropolitan population of Ottawa is more than the population of Saskatchewan. They need 9,000 less people to sell out their stadium, the temperature is 10 degrees higher than the WSF, they had the best record in the East, they've been dominant in the East since they've come back into existence and they have a QB that knows how to throw a football.

They have no excuse to not sellout. Best in the East. Not best in the CFL.
    With that many excuses you must have been one of the many Rider fans that watched last weeks game on your couch. 23k for a playoff game is a joke.

Comment

• Originally posted by Colonel Klink View Post

Fun fact. Their GM/,coach have an overall record of 41-47-2. Are also making their 3rd trip to the GC in 5 years.

Make of that what you will
      They win when they need to

Comment

• Originally posted by ship View Post

With that many excuses you must have been one of the many Rider fans that watched last weeks game on your couch. 23k for a playoff game is a joke.
        I'm still waiting for confirmation of this magical 23K number outside of posts on this message board

Comment

• Originally posted by lyin' guy View Post
          #49 Hamilton is an *** clown.
          Add #21,#1 to that list.
          Loved seeing Ottawa shut up Lawrence and Umamba today.

Comment

• Originally posted by Argo57 View Post

Add #21,#1 to that list.
            Loved seeing Ottawa shut up Lawrence and Umamba today.
            Lawrence was crying.

Comment

• Originally posted by lyin' guy View Post

Lawrence was crying.
              Ticats love to yuck it up and chirp the opposition when they are winning, looks good on them.

Comment

Ticats love to yuck it up and chirp the opposition when they are winning, looks good on them.
                They certainly didn't seem to take losing very well.

Comment

To their credit,they never took out the other teams qb

Comment

• Originally posted by steve w View Post

They win when they need to
                    Yes also helps when you get the opportunities to win playoff games at home with a .500 record

Comment

• Originally posted by Tyree View Post
                      Go Ticats!
                      They sure fell apart in a hurry. It was almost like they didn't have a defence out there at times.

Comment

• Originally posted by ship View Post

And you can take that comment and shove it up your terrible a...ttitude.

I'm so sorry if I don't find 24,000 fans in a city 1.3 million and all the other reasons that impressive.

People in Saskatchewan have to travel hours for hundreds of kms through bad weather to get to the game. Your comments are an insult to all those who sacrifice time and money to be at the games. You do a disservice to your team and your fellow fans, sir.

As far as myself and my young family, we go to every game we possibly can including the past couple playoff games. We also went when my wife was over a week overdue and my son was at a game when he was 10 days old.

So take your lousy fake fandom out of here and don't let the door hit your a...ttitude on the way out.

Comment

• When you can beat a team in your division four times in one season, often in dominant fashion, you deserve to win the CFL East. Hamilton's pass defence was swiss cheese today. Very surprising.

Comment

The stadium in ottawa had some graphic scenes from a wrestling match on the jumbotron - Rick Flair getting hit with a chair or something (I'm not a wrestling fan) and lots of jeering from the crowd. It almost seemed like there was a fair amount of hatred there.

I was pleasantly surprised by this.....nothing like rivalry to get fans to the games. Is there really that much animosity among the teams in East? A good sign if there is.

Comment

• Originally posted by Colonel Klink View Post

I'm still waiting for confirmation of this magical 23K number outside of posts on this message board
                              https://www.riderville.com/games/2548/

"With an announced crowd of 30,609 in the stands for the first playoff game at new Mosaic Stadium, the Roughriders should have been suitably motivated Sunday"

They announced 30,609. I assume that is tickets sold and not actual people there though?

Also listed as that here https://stats.cfldb.ca/league/cfl/sc...11/wpg-at-ssk/

That is the only number I have seen for attendance other than the 23k that was mentioned here by a poster.

Comment

• Originally posted by Batcow View Post

And you can take that comment and shove it up your terrible a...ttitude.

I'm so sorry if I don't find 24,000 fans in a city 1.3 million and all the other reasons that impressive.

People in Saskatchewan have to travel hours for hundreds of kms through bad weather to get to the game. Your comments are an insult to all those who sacrifice time and money to be at the games. You do a disservice to your team and your fellow fans, sir.

As far as myself and my young family, we go to every game we possibly can including the past couple playoff games. We also went when my wife was over a week overdue and my son was at a game when he was 10 days old.

So take your lousy fake fandom out of here and don't let the door hit your a...ttitude on the way out.
                                If you you were at the game why are you taking this so personal? My comments are an insult to people sacrifice time an money to be there? Nope, my comments are directed at people to claim to be Rider fans but sit on the couch and watch instead. People that have to travel in November I understand...however Regina and area should have sold that game out. Calgary had 29k yesterday, 7k more then the "greatest fans in the CFL". That, we are not anymore.

Last edited by ship; 11-19-2018, 09:46 AM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X