Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's be honest

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's be honest

With ZC, no headshot from Odell and playing like he did in Calgary, we beat Winnipeg. While I give full credit for the Bombers for playing a great game with few if any mistakes, they got a free pass on a back up QB. Karma for 2007? Maybe. But they got a free pass, nonetheless. Just glad it wasn't for a GC and only the WSF.

Calgary will crush them and the whining Whinipeg will commence once again with their fans calling everything that goes well for Calgary as lucky. MOS will also get crushed on a dirtbag trick call that shifts the game to Calgary.

Originally posted by THE RULK View Post
    With ZC, no headshot from Odell and playing like he did in Calgary, we beat Winnipeg. While I give full credit for the Bombers for playing a great game with few if any mistakes, they got a free pass on a back up QB. Karma for 2007? Maybe. But they got a free pass, nonetheless. Just glad it wasn't for a GC and only the WSF.

Calgary will crush them and the whining Whinipeg will commence once again with their fans calling everything that goes well for Calgary as lucky. MOS will also get crushed on a dirtbag trick call that shifts the game to Calgary.
    I think Winnipeg will win the Grey Cup this year. Calgary's been vulnerable all year long, and whenever Nichols has taken care of the football, the Bombers win.

Comment

Oh there's definitely some karma going on here. Dinwiddie = Bridge. The tables got turned. Even the score was pretty damn much the same (23 - 19).

But like you say, we got to hoist a GC over their unfortunate situation. We only lost a semi-final because of ours.

Comment

Originally posted by TorontoVsEverybody View Post

I think Winnipeg will win the Grey Cup this year. Calgary's been vulnerable all year long, and whenever Nichols has taken care of the football, the Bombers win.
        I am hoping the East champ strikes again and denies either Stamps or Bombers a cup. I get almost as much satisfaction seeing those two teams lose as I do from seeing the Riders win.

Comment

I said the same thing too. If Zach is healthy for us, we beat Winnipeg at home in the WSF.

Comment

Originally posted by Kilaeua Rider View Post

I am hoping the East champ strikes again and denies either Stamps or Bombers a cup. I get almost as much satisfaction seeing those two teams lose as I do from seeing the Riders win.
            Yup. I'll be cheering for whoever comes out on top in the East.

Comment

Originally posted by Kilaeua Rider View Post

My guess is whoever wins the west wins the GC this year. I don't see lightening striking for the east 3 years in a row

Comment

We would have certainly had a better shot of beating the Bombers with Collaros, but really in the end it doesn't matter because we couldn't have won the Cup with our offence anyway.

Cheering for the Stamps this weekend mostly due to Bomber hate...and has nothing to do with O'Shea or Jeffcoat. The hate has been established a long time before they ever arrived. lol
                Waiting for the big ole splash...actually there was no big splash, just a peaceful ripple. Dammit, there was supposed to be a big ole splash!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rider_Stronson View Post

I said the same thing too. If Zach is healthy for us, we beat Winnipeg at home in the WSF.
                  I don't think that's an automatic assumption considering his play against Winnipeg all year.

Comment

How is it karma if we did nothing to Kevin Glenn in 2007?

Also our back up has actually started games and is not in his first year, unlike Ryan in 2007.

Comment

Originally posted by squish View Post

I don't think that's an automatic assumption considering his play against Winnipeg all year.
                      With the exception of the final game agaisnt Winnipeg, Collaros hadn't played poorly. He wasn't lighting it up or anything, but he was hands down better then Nichols in both games, and remember we had a very questionable receiving corps for those two early games. Winnipeg did the same thing in game 1 as they did in the WSF, only difference was Bridge couldn't capitalize on some open recievers to gain field position or points and eventually the Andrew Harris show was able to secure it.

Key to beating Winnipeg, take out Harris, without sacrificing coverage, and you win. Making Nichols beat you, when trailing and needing to pass for yardage is cake... Can't let Winnipeg get a lead, and I said that prior to our game as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Rider_Stronson View Post

I do not think that Zach will ever be 100 percent healthy again. He will always be vulnerable to any hit to not come back. A few people from other CFL cities questioned this signing when it was announced because of this. We took a chance and lost. ET knew this and was willing to trade.

Comment

Originally posted by commodore View Post

I do not think that Zach will ever be 100 percent healthy again. He will always be vulnerable to any hit to not come back. A few people from other CFL cities questioned this signing when it was announced because of this. We took a chance and lost. ET knew this and was willing to trade.
                          There are a lot of players that come back from concussions, and have really good careers... The problem is every concussion is different, and even a minor one can end a career. I personally would love ot see Collaros given a chance to compete in camp next year, re-do his contract to be more inline with a team-friendly incentive driven contract. Not many people will be chasing him down to sign him, not after his performance/injuries this season... Which is too bad because I think his performance is mostly because of injuries this year. We never got to see a fully healthy Collaros, and what we did see still gives me hope he could lead the team to the GC with the D and ST playing well.

And let's be honest... We win that game even with Bridge, if Bridge doesn't forget how to throw a football properly in that game. He went from firing missiles to firing ducks that game... cold weather? Rust? Either way, our team took a major blow against BC, and even more blows in the 3rd game against Winnipeg.

Brooks or Collaros may have been the difference makers in the game, insert one of them and the chances we pull that into a win skyrocket.

Comment

You guys may have won with Zach in who knows? Definitely not a foregone conclusion though, we had his number all year. Look at his stats against us this year, our defence dominated him all three games.

In 3 games vs Winnipeg

40/81 passing
                            470 total yards
                            1td/2int
                            78.3 QB efficiency rating
                            I offensive TD total in 3 games

Hardly the numbers that would suggest that the Riders would have won for sure if he played. It's quite possible that the Riders may have won if he played but it's equally plausible that the Riders may have gotten beaten worse based on Collaros history against the Bombers.
                            Last edited by IMWT; 11-16-2018, 12:31 PM.

Comment

Not sure how ZC would have made a difference. He never scored more than 14 against winnipeg all year... honestly our errors in the earlier games AND your solid defense is what helped you win both games. BB was way quicker on his feet and got you better field position this game. I think if ZC in the score wouldn't have been as close, and BB would have been in sooner.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X