Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Riders Quarterbacking in 2019

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by commodore View Post

Could very well be true. The longer he had to wait for a receiver to get long, the longer the OL had to block and keep him safe.
    and once they got down field and if the line blocked well enough the pass would fall 5 yards short....

Didnt I read a stat that we allowed the least ammount of pressures?

Comment

• Originally posted by CFLFAN1 View Post

The Riders don't need a game manager but a QB who can complete passes downfield for Td's in playoff games...not a play-it-safe QB who does just enough to make the playoffs.
      Nailed it. Sign me up, yes please!

Comment

• Originally posted by greenale View Post

and once they got down field and if the line blocked well enough the pass would fall 5 yards short....

Didnt I read a stat that we allowed the least ammount of pressures?
        Collaros never had a rocket for an arm, but it was even worse last year. I'm certain there were other physical issues.

Comment

• Going to be an interesting season QB wise. Wpg keeps their QBs intact...Edmonton is a question mark but I think Reilly signs with them. BC Lulay until he gets hurt and Calgary with out Levi. Maybe the power is shifting to the east??

Comment

• Originally posted by commodore View Post
            Maybe the power is shifting to the east??
            Could very well be. The West has enjoyed far more stability at the QB position over the past half dozen years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mallard View Post

We did get 10-4 our of Collaros. Yes his soft melon likely cost the WSF but he wasn't horrible, IMHO.
              How many TDs did Collaros get? Although I am not blaming Collaros completely as our illustrious OC did a bang up job preparing a "offensive" plan no matter who was QBing.

Our winning record is almost completely based on our D and special team play.

Comment

• The large number of free-agent quarterbacks was the starting point of many discussions during the three-day meetings.

Based on most of the discussions, Mike Reilly of the Edmonton Eskimos is expected to set the tone for free agency. At $500,000 per season, Reilly is the leagueís highest-paid quarterback and is rumoured to be seeking $600,000 per year if he hits the open market.

However, thereís some speculation that Reilly may be willing to sign for less if the additional cash can be used to bolster other positions.

Comment

• Originally posted by Giventofly View Post
                  So reilly wants to win? That leaves us or Calgary for him to sign with. Do not realistically see Lions competing and the Esks are trash.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE RULK View Post

So reilly wants to win? That leaves us or Calgary for him to sign with. Do not realistically see Lions competing and the Esks are trash.
                    absent Reilly I agree BC and Edm are trash

Wpg not likely in the discussion

that leaves Riders a window to swoop in with a plan of how Riders with Reilly at a reasonable contract with money to spend at WR and maintain our D - win the Cup

but the cap gets tricky trying to pay Reilly

Comment

• Originally posted by Rotor View Post

absent Reilly I agree BC and Edm are trash

Wpg not likely in the discussion

that leaves Riders a window to swoop in with a plan of how Riders with Reilly at a reasonable contract with money to spend at WR and maintain our D - win the Cup

but the cap gets tricky trying to pay Reilly
                      Get the local haberdashery stores to pony up to have him as a model/spokesperson.

Comment

• Originally posted by RDavidson View Post

How many TDs did Collaros get? Although I am not blaming Collaros completely as our illustrious OC did a bang up job preparing a "offensive" plan no matter who was QBing.

Our winning record is almost completely based on our D and special team play.
                        Quoted for truth.

Amd to answer the question, he got us NINE TDs. Which worked out to just shy of $48k for every TD he threw. Grand Theft Collaros.

Comment

• Collaros had a few "almost" TD passes that could have catapulted him to 11. lol

That's a disgusting amount no matter how you look at it. I do think inexperience at receiver and some o-line issues contributed to our lack of touchdown passes but nobody can honestly say Collaros played well. Exceptions being the Calgary games and the performance in Montreal.

Waiting for the big ole splash...

Comment

• Originally posted by Rock Preston #1 View Post
                            Collaros had a few "almost" TD passes that could have catapulted him to 11. lol

That's a disgusting amount no matter how you look at it. I do think inexperience at receiver and some o-line issues contributed to our lack of touchdown passes but nobody can honestly say Collaros played well. Exceptions being the Calgary games and the performance in Montreal.
                            Iíd also add in some questionable play calling as well but yeah, he was bad and the $430k we paid him just made it that much worse.

After seeing the Collaros experiment crash and burn, itís a major reason why Iím open to Glenn or Adams and taking that extra $150-250k savings and beefing up the line, getting Randle to pair with Marshall as lock down corners and / or going after a stud receiver like Burnham.

Comment

• The Riders pitch for Reilly

Comment

• Originally posted by Rider_Stronson View Post
                                The Riders pitch for Reilly

I still think Reilly signs with the Evil Empire again. Maybe even hours before FA.
                                Nothing like a whole off season to choke on cram sammiches!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X