Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Riders Quarterbacking in 2019

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • No thank you


    Comment


    • Originally posted by Bingo_Arms View Post
      Vernon Adams was mentioned earlier. I wonder a) what it would take to pry him out of Montreal and b) what his approx salary would be?

      If Adams is making around $200k there'd be some serious salary difference between him and Collaros to beef up other parts of the team. Another stud OL? Maybe Chris Randle to complete a lock down secondary? Bryan Burnham at receiver?

      Not that I would normally advocate for Adams but given that I have been advocating for Jennings due to the serious lack of options we have, it's an scenario I am maybe warming up to.
      Adams got a healthy deal, a 3 year one, to start his CFL career up here. Averaged around 90K a season. No way he was or will get around 200K, not with the body of work he's put forward so far imo.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Rider_Stronson View Post

        Adams got a healthy deal, a 3 year one, to start his CFL career up here. Averaged around 90K a season. No way he was or will get around 200K, not with the body of work he's put forward so far imo.
        Even better. So best guess on his 2019 salary? $150k?

        My point remains the same though that he has ďsomeĒ upside and weíd be left with a ton of cash to build a team around him.

        Again not ideal but without having ďourĒ guy ready to go, I donít see many great options in front of Joneise.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by CaptainCanuck View Post
          No thank you


          Who do you think had flatter feet in the pocket? Willy or Sunseri? It was hard to tell the two apart for me at times.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Bingo_Arms View Post

            Even better. So best guess on his 2019 salary? $150k?

            My point remains the same though that he has ďsomeĒ upside and weíd be left with a ton of cash to build a team around him.

            Again not ideal but without having ďourĒ guy ready to go, I donít see many great options in front of Joneise.
            I'm in Gov's camp on this one. Vernon Adams running a passing offence doesn't fill me with a lot of confidence.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Rider_Stronson View Post

              I'm in Gov's camp on this one. Vernon Adams running a passing offence doesn't fill me with a lot of confidence.
              Donít get me wrong, Iím not starting up a Vernon Adams fan club lol but I really see our options limited and felt it was worth discussing.

              Much like Jonathan Jennings doesnít get me feeling warm and fuzzy yet Iíd be open to it.

              Then again, Iíve also said Iím open to Kevin Glenn on a cheap contract.

              Bottom line, if we are going to get average to below average signal calling, like we did in 2018, then letís at least bank some cash and shift it elsewhere.

              Comment


              • I'd take Drew Willy in a heartbeat over Nealon Adams Jr.
                I'd also take Glenn over the VAJ.
                Or Bethel-Thompson.
                Or Ottawa's 3rd string guy.
                Or a random person on the street who's never seen a CFL game.
                Or even Jennings.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by squish View Post
                  It came to me in a vision. Reilly will be our QB next year.
                  You been into the 'shine again, Squishy?

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Bingo_Arms View Post



                    Bottom line, if we are going to get average to below average signal calling, like we did in 2018, then letís at least bank some cash and shift it elsewhere.
                    exactly - we got nowhere near the play out of Colaros or Bridge that we paid for

                    now much of that relates to a ton of rookies in the system and growing pains - and much relates to an OC who I still feel is a problem

                    but $ for play at QB - simply was not there

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Rotor View Post

                      exactly - we got nowhere near the play out of Colaros or Bridge that we paid for

                      now much of that relates to a ton of rookies in the system and growing pains - and much relates to an OC who I still feel is a problem

                      but $ for play at QB - simply was not there
                      We did get 10-4 our of Collaros. Yes his soft melon likely cost the WSF but he wasn't horrible, IMHO.
                      Nothing like a whole off season to choke on cram sammiches!

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by CaptainCanuck View Post
                        No thank you


                        He did beat the riders in 2018

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Mallard View Post

                          We did get 10-4 our of Collaros. Yes his soft melon likely cost the WSF but he wasn't horrible, IMHO.
                          I agree wins are the key element - but have to be open that overall position production just was not there at the price point

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by goaltender61 View Post

                            He did beat the riders in 2018
                            yep - he outplayed Bridge in that game

                            Comment


                            • I donít know but something tells me that Chris Jones will bring Mike Reilly to Saskatchewan, in Jones interview he did say that he has unfinished business here and that finding us an experienced starting QB is his top priority. That tells me Jones will be going all in on the Reilly sweepstakes , and with his history with Mike. Reilly isnít blind or dumb he can see what is being built here in Saskatchewan and I think Mike will want to be a part of it, he wants to win and I think he will think this is his best chance to get another ring .

                              but our defence will take a hit

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Unityriderguy View Post
                                I donít know but something tells me that Chris Jones will bring Mike Reilly to Saskatchewan, in Jones interview he did say that he has unfinished business here and that finding us an experienced starting QB is his top priority. That tells me Jones will be going all in on the Reilly sweepstakes , and with his history with Mike. Reilly isnít blind or dumb he can see what is being built here in Saskatchewan and I think Mike will want to be a part of it, he wants to win and I think he will think this is his best chance to get another ring .
                                That's debatable IMO. Calgary is built to win a repeat Grey Cup now and BC is really starting to become a factor with lots of talent on both sides of the ball.
                                Waiting for the big ole splash...

                                Comment

                                Announcement

                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

                                Announcement

                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X