Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Riders Quarterbacking in 2019

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bigsexydawg View Post

I got one play left in me. We better make it count.
    I'll make sure the helmet can accomidate a cigar, and have pink drink holders on the top. You'll look fabulous. Not Liberace fabulous though.

Comment

I got one play left in me. We better make it count.
      Watford can toss you a screen pass ala Jim Reid and you can high step it into the endzone while pointing at the other team's bench as you go by for dramatic effect.

Jim Daley could be an honourary coach that day and be the OC for that one play. He would call the screen pass.
      Last edited by Rock Preston #1; 01-09-2019, 02:50 PM.
      Waiting for the big ole splash...

Comment

• Originally posted by Rock Preston #1 View Post

Watford can toss you a screen pass ala Jim Reid and you can high step it into the endzone while pointing at the other team's bench as you go by for dramatic effect.
        Run backwards for the last 10 yards like Orville Lee

Comment

Well if we can get a Plunkett we are set. Two Superbowl Championship quarterback!!

It's hard to figure out if his helmet was too small or his head was too big. His face pressed up against the facemask was a classic look. He must have got punched in the face under the pile on a weekly basis.
          Nah, he just had a big ugly face.

Comment

The guy is late 30's coming off a neck injury.
            Based on recent history he's not expected to play 17 games again until 2020.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tyree View Post

Nah, he just had a big ugly face.
              That's what happens when you put a helmet on a melon, not a melon for a helmet. I think in plunkett's case, that melon was a half rotten cantelope...

Comment

• Vernon Adams was mentioned earlier. I wonder a) what it would take to pry him out of Montreal and b) what his approx salary would be?

If Adams is making around $200k there'd be some serious salary difference between him and Collaros to beef up other parts of the team. Another stud OL? Maybe Chris Randle to complete a lock down secondary? Bryan Burnham at receiver?

Not that I would normally advocate for Adams but given that I have been advocating for Jennings due to the serious lack of options we have, it's an scenario I am maybe warming up to.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bingo_Arms View Post
                  Vernon Adams was mentioned earlier. I wonder a) what it would take to pry him out of Montreal and b) what his approx salary would be?

If Adams is making around $200k there'd be some serious salary difference between him and Collaros to beef up other parts of the team. Another stud OL? Maybe Chris Randle to complete a lock down secondary? Bryan Burnham at receiver?

Not that I would normally advocate for Adams but given that I have been advocating for Jennings due to the serious lack of options we have, it's an scenario I am maybe warming up to.
                  Personally, I think the Jennings thing is out of our hands atm, so the Riders need to be thinking about plan G, H, and I... that would very well include Vernon Adams... but it would also be much more focused on recruiting talent into the league. I'm thinking that we're going to get Collaros back on a production compensation pro rated package, push Bridge or Watford out, and thus have room for a new entrant (and I hate using the name Streveller here, but if Winnipeg can find someone worth looking at like him, so should we).

Comment

• It came to me in a vision. Reilly will be our QB next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by squish View Post
                      It came to me in a vision. Reilly will be our QB next year.
                      It wasn't a vision you were watching an episode of Fantasy Island on late night tv.

Comment

• Originally posted by squish View Post
                        It came to me in a vision. Reilly will be our QB next year.
                        Let's hope that the five rolls of tinfoil you sport as a headwrap is a great conductor of paranormal future predictive wave particles. I would love nothing more than to see this happen... it would be a total FU to the empire, Calgary and the Lions... and a simple nah nah nah nah to the bombers.

Comment

It wasn't a vision you were watching an episode of Fantasy Island on late night tv.
                          Da plane boss! Da plane!

Comment

• Drew Willy is now available. Oh boy am I excited.

https://www.cfl.ca/2019/01/10/alouet...8-draft-picks/

Comment

• Originally posted by RDavidson View Post
                              Drew Willy is now available. Oh boy am I excited.

https://www.cfl.ca/2019/01/10/alouet...8-draft-picks/
                              I hate to say this but I would consider bringing him in to compete as a backup. I can't believe I just said that...

I want to see a lot more from Watford before I would trust him to come into a game and be effective.

Comment

• I am not 100% convinced I trust handing over the keys to a passing offence to Vernon Adams.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X