Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Riders Quarterbacking in 2019

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by McGreen View Post

I am on board with your preferred options with the exception of Adams.

I also agree that acquiring Franklin or Reilly are long shots at best.

Is Bridge a free agent?
    Yes Bridge is a free agent.
    Rider QB Scrappin in Full Swing

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigsexydawg View Post

Yes Bridge is a free agent.
      Good riddance, IMHO.

Comment

• Out of all the realistic possible options, trading for Pipkin and signing Glenn for would be my preference. Roll with Pipkin to start the season and if he disappoints we can let KG game manage us to glory. At least until the playoffs.
        Really illustrates the sad state of affairs of QBing in this league when bringing in a 40 year old (when the reg season starts) who's never won anything is one of the better scenarios.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rhetorical Surf View Post
          Out of all the realistic possible options, trading for Pipkin and signing Glenn for would be my preference. Roll with Pipkin to start the season and if he disappoints we can let KG game manage us to glory. At least until the playoffs.
          Really illustrates the sad state of affairs of QBing in this league when bringing in a 40 year old (when the reg season starts) who's never won anything is one of the better scenarios.
          There are a 100 Pipkins out there that played small school div 2 ball that just need a chance so I don't see the value in sending assets for him ........................they just need to bite the bullet and go find one and develop him

Comment

• I said initially ( cause i never thought bo or mike were options for us) that Pipken, jennings and davis are the best available out there.

if we land two of those i would be happy, if we land none of them, we better have something else up our sleeve recruiting wise.

Alpnd yes, glenn could he a solid mentor to any of the above.

Comment

• Originally posted by goaltender61 View Post

There are a 100 Pipkins out there that played small school div 2 ball that just need a chance so I don't see the value in sending assets for him ........................they just need to bite the bullet and go find one and develop him
              Maybe there are 100 possible Pipkins. But every one of them is also a possible Bridge. We don't know until they hit the pros. And I guess we don't really know with Pipkin yet either but at least he's shown some solid promise playing at the pro level. I don't think much of Rider Nation is interested in another rebuilding year again so soon after the last one. That's what bringing in a raw rookie and hoping he turns into something will guarantee happens.

Comment

Maybe there are 100 possible Pipkins. But every one of them is also a possible Bridge. We don't know until they hit the pros. And I guess we don't really know with Pipkin yet either but at least he's shown some solid promise playing at the pro level. I don't think much of Rider Nation is interested in another rebuilding year again so soon after the last one. That's what bringing in a raw rookie and hoping he turns into something will guarantee happens.
                Well imo, that's why the coaches / scouts get paid good money and we talk about it for free on the internet. It's not an exact science but the good evaluators have to be be better than most at being able to identify that early. I always thought that identifying that when he got guys to camp was Wally's strength

Comment

And of the 100 possible Pipkins, including Pipkin himself, 99 are more likely to be a Stephen Jyles then a Henry Burris. And even Henry Burris got boo'd by many.

It continues to shock me, how easy some people think it is to find a starting caliber QB.

Comment

• Originally posted by imschatz View Post

And of the 100 possible Pipkins, including Pipkin himself, 99 are more likely to be a Stephen Jyles then a Henry Burris. And even Henry Burris got boo'd by many.

It continues to shock me, how easy some people think it is to find a starting caliber QB.
                    No never said it was easy but just pointing out if people are pining for Pipkin that there are lots of guys like himout there just waiting for chance and I'm not saying they are starting caliber but I would not be convinced Pipkin is a huge upgrade on BB either

Comment

• Originally posted by goaltender61 View Post

No never said it was easy but just pointing out if people are pining for Pipkin that there are lots of guys like himout there just waiting for chance and I'm not saying they are starting caliber but I would not be convinced Pipkin is a huge upgrade on BB either
                      The WSF convinced me Pipkin would be an upgrade.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigsexydawg View Post

The WSF convinced me Pipkin would be an upgrade.
                        So you want to trade for a guy that had a marginally lower QB rating than the guy you have been trashing all year? Actually give something up for someone who is objectively worse? That makes sense? I'm not sure if it is stupider than giving up a high draft pick for the obligation of overpaying a QB with a history of injuries who was benched by his former coach for poor performance or not. But it has to be right up there. So I guess the possibility exists.

Comment

• Originally posted by Winston Smith View Post

So you want to trade for a guy that had a marginally lower QB rating than the guy you have been trashing all year? Actually give something up for someone who is objectively worse? That makes sense? I'm not sure if it is stupider than giving up a high draft pick for the obligation of overpaying a QB with a history of injuries who was benched by his former coach for poor performance or not. But it has to be right up there. So I guess the possibility exists.
                          Get off the fence Winston and tell us your solution.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vegas View Post
                            I said initially ( cause i never thought bo or mike were options for us) that Pipken, jennings and davis are the best available out there.

if we land two of those i would be happy, if we land none of them, we better have something else up our sleeve recruiting wise.

Alpnd yes, glenn could he a solid mentor to any of the above.
                            Sorry Vegas, even though Iíve been checking in on this thread fairly often I donít know who Davis is, can you bring me, and maybe others? up to date on this guy?
                            Press here to reset

Comment

• Originally posted by Pull my Finger View Post

Sorry Vegas, even though Iíve been checking in on this thread fairly often I donít know who Davis is, can you bring me, and maybe others? up to date on this guy?
                              Back up QB from Ottawa I am assuming?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bingo_Arms View Post

Back up QB from Ottawa I am assuming?
                                Dominque Davis would not make this cowboy too happy

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X