Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Riders Quarterbacking in 2019

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Riders Quarterbacking in 2019

I realize this topic has been talked about in other threads but i would like to get everyone's ideas on how our qb situation will look heading into camp for 2019.

Here are my thoughts or predictions:

First, I'm going to make a bold prediction and say that the Riders will bring back Collaros in 2019. I base this on a few things: 1) Jones keeps saying the main reason our offence struggled was because our starting qb wasn't healthy enough. So clearly he thinks Collaros can still lead this team. 2) Jones said the other day that Collaros "will respond" from his health issues because he is a tough guy. 3) With those new leagues starting there is going to be slim pickings for qb's and quite frankly I think the available prospects will be completely junk. 4) Collaros is really the only option we have at this point.

Bridge will not be re-signed because he sucks.

Watford will be back because he does have a lot of skills and did have a good training camp for the most part. I think he gets another chance with camp in 2019.

Tate is also gone but I also don't think it's impossible if we bring him back...especially if the team decides to move on from Collaros.

Lastly, Jonathon Jennings will be the guy we sign if we let Collaros go. We will strike out on Bo, Reilly and Harris.

I don't think Collaros is the answer here for the record. His health is poor and his arm lacks accuracy and juice down the field.
    Waiting for the big ole splash...

Originally posted by Rock Preston #1 View Post
    I realize this topic has been talked about in other threads but i would like to get everyone's ideas on how our qb situation will look heading into camp for 2019.

First, I'm going to make a bold prediction and say that the Riders will bring back Collaros in 2019. I base this on a few things: 1) Jones keeps saying the main reason our offence struggled was because our starting qb wasn't healthy enough. So clearly he thinks Collaros can still lead this team. 2) Jones said the other day that Collaros "will respond" from his health issues because he is a tough guy. 3) With those new leagues starting there is going to be slim pickings for qb's and quite frankly I think the available prospects will be completely junk. 4) Collaros is really the only option we have at this point.

Watford will be back because he does have a lot of skills and did have a good training camp for the most part. I think he gets another chance with camp in 2019.

Tate is also gone but I also don't think it's impossible if we bring him back...especially if the team decides to move on from Collaros.

Lastly, Jonathon Jennings will be the guy we sign if we let Collaros go. We will strike out on Bo, Reilly and Harris.

I don't think Collaros is the answer here for the record. His health is poor and his arm lacks accuracy and juice down the field.
    Can't argue with any of that.

I know everyone wants Reilly,...I'd settle for Harris, but those guys
    are a pipe dream at best

Comment

I said the same thing about Jennings. Iím hoping a change of scenery will bring his game back. Another gamble, but I think he has more upside than bringing collaros back and hoping nobody breathes on him...

Comment

Originally posted by Green in Queen City View Post

Can't argue with any of that.

I know everyone wants Reilly,...I'd settle for Harris, but those guys
        are a pipe dream at best
        Haven't heard that Harris is s free agent this off-season, but I stand to be corrected

Comment

Originally posted by Colonel Klink View Post

Haven't heard that Harris is s free agent this off-season, but I stand to be corrected
          I didn't think so either. Just basing it off the OP

Comment

Originally posted by Colonel Klink View Post

I thought he was, but maybe I'm wrong. I had heard that he was a free agent but I haven't checked myself...was just assuming the info I heard was correct.

At any rate, Harris won't likely be here either way.

Comment

I agree we need to go completely in a new direction. Even if doctors clear Collaros we can't rely on a guy who is obviously suffering the effects of multiple head shots. And after Sunday do we need to discuss the merits of promoting Bridge to #1?

Comment

According to 3DN, Trevor Harris was on the list of free agent QBs this upcoming offseason.

Comment

I think the Riders will end up trading for a QB. Who that QB will be is anyone's guess.

Comment

Originally posted by R.J View Post
                    I think the Riders will end up trading for a QB. Who that QB will be is anyone's guess.
                    Vernon Adams, and yes I could see the riders re-acquiring him.

I also think Jennings ends up here.

Rider QB Scrappin in Full Swing

Comment

Originally posted by CalgaryRiderFan View Post
                      I agree we need to go completely in a new direction. Even if doctors clear Collaros we can't rely on a guy who is obviously suffering the effects of multiple head shots. And after Sunday do we need to discuss the merits of promoting Bridge to #1?
                      Agreed. The problem is, will the Riders have any viable or attractive options other than a wonky broken down Collaros? Unless we make a trade or sign a CFL free agent qb we are absolutely hooped at that spot. QB recruitment will be a complete waste of time this year with those new leagues starting. Of course, we will still try but expectation of finding anyone down that road is pretty pie in the sky thinking...IMO.

It's very concerning.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigsexydawg View Post

I can just see Jennings running that McAdoo offence. Please insert face palming emoticon...

As I had said in my original post, I think Jennings is the best bet to land here.

Comment

I can just see Jennings running that McAdoo offence. Please insert face palming emoticon...

As I had said in my original post, I think Jennings is the best bet to land here.
                          Jennings with Tate as the experienced back up.
                          Rider QB Scrappin in Full Swing

Comment

Jennings with Tate as the experienced back up.
                            Also a very good possibility if Collaros is not returning. Absolutely.

Comment

Yeesh, I wouldn't bother with either of them. I don't think I'll ever understand why some are so high on Adams... because he was 3-0 at one point ? lol

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X