Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The football future of Willie Jefferson

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The football future of Willie Jefferson

https://www.riderville.com/2018/11/1...ss-conference/

Interview speaks volumes. Willie's going to try the NFL and see what's out there for him but if it doesn't work out, bet heavily on him being a Rider. I can see Willie finishing his career here. He's bonded with the community and the community loves him back.

as it should be - wish him well - hope he gets some cash and lives the dream - and if not glad to have him as a Rider

I expect the same from Sam E

Comment

If Chris Jones is true to form, and does his GMing like Wally and Huff - no one will end their career here outside of injuries
      Doh

Comment

Originally posted by oraclese View Post
        If Chris Jones is true to form, and does his GMing like Wally and Huff - no one will end their career here outside of injuries
        Has there ever been a CFL GM that stopped a player from pursuing an NFL dream?

Comment

Originally posted by drysaddle View Post

Has there ever been a CFL GM that stopped a player from pursuing an NFL dream?
          Austin did a couple of years ago with Chris Williams.

And I think there was a player or two on the rEDbLACKS that wanted out as well, but nothing on the scale that Williams had to deal with.

Edit: The Argos did as well, but relented when the player (don't remember who) started negotiating in the media. They didn't like the 2nd year of the contract, and thought they should get more or they'll sit out. Thought they might've tried for the NFL as well.
          Last edited by RDavidson; 11-13-2018, 04:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RDavidson View Post

And I think there was a player or two on the rEDbLACKS that wanted out as well, but nothing on the scale that Williams had to deal with.

Edit: The Argos did as well, but relented when the player (don't remember who) started negotiating in the media. They didn't like the 2nd year of the contract, and thought they should get more or they'll sit out. Thought they might've tried for the NFL as well.
            Was that Wilder?

Comment

Originally posted by RDavidson View Post

That was Wilder Jr. I think

Comment

Originally posted by rider-in-the-rockies View Post

Was that Wilder?
                I think so.

Comment

You guys all forgot about Victor Butler???

Comment

I wonder if heíll get any offers. He tried out in 2013 and 2016 and didnít stick. Does the NFL keep giving out chances. Iíve seen lots of CFL players go right out of college and then go again after playing in the CFL for 2-3 years. I canít recall anybody going back for a third try.

Comment

Willie has a history of getting in trouble for something that doesn't get you in trouble in Canada anymore. I often wonder if some US born players might just enjoy the freedom of Canada.

Comment

Rather not have to change my avy

Comment

Bought a 'Jefferson 7' jersey this year and I would like to wear it for several more years.

Comment

Good luck to Willy with his nfl dream but if things don't work out rider nation loves the man!

Comment

Wish Willie all the luck and hope he gets on down there. Of course if he comes back I hope it is to the Riders.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X