Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019 Roughriders (Free agents)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 Roughriders (Free agents)

As unfortunate as it is to say, "I guess there's always next year.". So what is our team going to look like next year. Who do we have locked up and who are free agents?

Imagine having all three phases going strong at one time?

I would love to see the majority of our defense back. Equavon, Gainey, Jefferson, Elam an da boyz.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by SouthBend_ShovelSlayer View Post
        Imagine having all three phases going strong at one time?

I would love to see the majority of our defense back. Equavon, Gainey, Jefferson, Elam an da boyz.
        If we can bring the majority of the D back... lots of rookies on O that are strong, teams are solid... Get a good QB and we might never lose again

Comment

2018. We were one decent QB away from the Grey Cup.
          Won't be easy but we need a good strong QB.
          Doesn't need to be a star. but someone who isn't fragile and someone who hasn't maxed out/regressed.

Comment

Since Bagg tossed helmet into the crowd on his way out, guessing hes not back

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum View Post
              JJ exceeded all expectations IMO. Loved having him here.

This is going to be a heavy year of movement across the league. It is a bloody shame, because this was a D to backbone a championship. Guys like Sam E will be in the NFL or commanding a top end salary.
              #keepthepromise

Onward with escaping the hopeless fantasy of an artificial freedom and darkened picket fences the disillusioned front of friendly foes

Comment

Originally posted by Beacon.x View Post

This is going to be a heavy year of movement across the league. It is a bloody shame, because this was a D to backbone a championship. Guys like Sam E will be in the NFL or commanding a top end salary.
                I totally agree. We have lost our window of opportunity for another Grey Cup. I am not optimistic for next year given our QB deficiency and ability/probability of fixing it. But there's always Hope and Chance. Can't remember which positions they play

Comment

Originally posted by Beacon.x View Post

On defence Jones will keep us strong for 2019 regardless of who he has got for talent but he has got to start taking the job of getting us a quarterback and some coaching for offence more seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Nelly View Post
                    Who do we have locked up and who are free agents?
                    I think the "who do we have locked up" list is REAL short. Jones has a lot of work to do!

Comment

Anyone who's concerned about next year should look at this same thread from last year. The team is consistently getting better and next year will be no different. There's very few guys on this team that DIDN'T contribute... That's a testament to how the team is built and not necessarily an individual being the team itself. We had individual leaders who showed up every game but we also saw a bunch of unsung heroes step up (coincidence?...nope). I'm incredibly optimistic that next year we'll see one heck of a powerhouse. Jones doesn't like to lose or not be in control. I can't imagine what he felt like yesterday when a certain aspect of our game decided not to show up.

I'm positive this will be rectified and we'll have one heck of a 2019 season.

Comment

The quarterback situation will need to be improved in order for this team to win the Grey Cup.

Comment

Holley wont be back imo along with our whole stable of QBs

Comment

Originally posted by VoR View Post
                            Since Bagg tossed helmet into the crowd on his way out, guessing hes not back
                            I didn't see that. Cant say i blame him.

Comment

Is there a list of the free agents or is this top secret like the neg list?

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X