Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

QB Backup Crisis Kills Us Again

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QB Backup Crisis Kills Us Again

How many years are we going to continue without a good backup? We just killed a great season. Again.

Originally posted by rideralberta View Post
    How many years are we going to continue without a good backup? We just killed a great season. Again.
    Backup? What about a starter?

Comment

It was the backup who pulled the season out of the gutter last year.

This year he didnt have anywhere near the confidence he had last year.

Comment

Best D in the league felled by QB play. Just sad man.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum View Post

It was the backup who pulled the season out of the gutter last year.

This year he didnt have anywhere near the confidence he had last year.
          If we had a consistent backup, I'd agree with you.

Comment

There are barely 5 competent STARTING QBs. Getting a great backup is a very rare lottery ticket. Hope you get lucky and have your starter stay healthy is all you can do.
            Please be my new father.

Comment

If we had a consistent backup, I'd agree with you.
              We needed a consistent starter first, then wouldnt have to worry about the backup so much.

Comment

We needed a consistent starter first, then wouldnt have to worry about the backup so much.
                Well, our starter got us 22 points and a home playoff game.

Comment

Well, our starter got us 22 points and a home playoff game.
                  If you want to look at it that way its fine but I think the 11 defensive TDs and 4 return TDs played a big part in the majority of those wins.

Comment

If you want to look at it that way its fine but I think the 11 defensive TDs and 4 return TDs played a big part in the majority of those wins.
                    Certainly. But it's obvious, today, why we lost.

Stunned Rider Nation tonight. I did not see this coming. I was sure Collaros was going to be playing.

Comment

It's was a crappy weather tough game all around. The bombers ran the ball and we couldn't. We got beat in the trenches and we didn't get a turn over. We relied on our defense to turn the ball over all year and we didn't get it today.

Comment

At least we don't have Lulay

Comment

Originally posted by greenandwhitesince82 View Post
                          It's was a crappy weather tough game all around. The bombers ran the ball and we couldn't. We got beat in the trenches and we didn't get a turn over. We relied on our defense to turn the ball over all year and we didn't get it today.
                          That's all true. The five point difference, however, was a backup QB throwing a duck. Winnipeg left the door open right to the end. But without the experience of Collaros (ie. being able to throw the ball quicker), we were done from the start.

Comment

Originally posted by greenandwhitesince82 View Post
                            I agree. The defense could not stop Harris when it needed too. They ran right at Johnson and the Bombers knew what they had in him. Cann't stop the run.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Barrett Apologist View Post
                              There are barely 5 competent STARTING QBs. Getting a great backup is a very rare lottery ticket.
                              This is true. Unfortunately, our backup QB isn't good enough to hold a clipboard anywhere else in the league.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X