Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Introduce Yourself

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gpridernut View Post
    Hi all. My name is Tom. Born and raised in Canora. Made a number of trips to games either with my parents, my best friend and our dads, my buddies, or a bunch of fans on a bus. First game was in the late seventies I think. The Joey Walters years. Went to university in Saskatoon and made more trips to games. Favourite seats in either Section 28 or in the upper deck in a row of seats we called the cage because there was nothing in front of us and only a rail behind. Moved to Grande Prairie for radio and have still been able to make a few games including the Labour Day Classic in 1990 and one during the last season at Taylor Field. Have also seen games at Commonwealth including the 1997 Grey Cup, and now at McMahon (thanks CRF). Married a wonderful girl who is a huge fan as well even though she was born near Peace River in a town called Nampa and her dad and brother are Eskimo fans lol. We have twins boy and girl who both live in Calgary. And I now work for the Chamber of Commerce. I have more stories but I will leave it at that for now. Go Riders /=S=/
    My dad was born in Canora and grew up in Hyas! Pleased to make your aquaintance!

Comment

Originally posted by greenrider55 View Post

My dad was born in Canora and grew up in Hyas! Pleased to make your aquaintance!
      Do you know any Letwiniuk’s from the Hyas area? And what is your last name? Just curious.

Comment

What Joe F said brings back a ton of memories. My first game was in 1969? I recall jack abendschan kicking a field goal on the final play to beat Russ Jackson and the Ottawa Rough Riders. I was in the Rookie section for 50 cents and the ball went over my head. I then spent 3 seasons doling out cokes in the stands. Would wrap it up around end of 3rd quarter and find a seat to watch the remaining. I recall the caterer one game gave me a cooler full of hotdogs and told me to take them to the press box and just hand them out just before half time. I sold a dozen on the way up the stairs and made my bonus that day! In the box I saw Pat Marsden, Ernie Afiganis etc. That was really cool for a 12 year old. Became a season ticket holder in the Joe F era and very much remember the loud cheer for the box that blew past the goal line during the half time. I think even the cannon went off! Those were tough years. My career took me to BC 35 years ago and now I’m close to retirement living on Vancouver Island. I see the Riders when they come to Vancouver but haven’t been back to a game in Regina since the 2003 Grey cup and we weren’t even it it. Haven’t even seen the new Mosaic. I’m a member of the Vancouver Island Chapter of Rider Nation. We have in the past chartered buses to Vancouver for games and the the Commodore on Granville for Riderville which is a really great event. You get signed up by default. Another fan will see your hat or shirt and hand you the iron on patch and you are in. The cool thing about being a Rider fan outside of Saskatchewan is that if another fan sees you there will be a conversation. My wife always asks “who was that guy? You talked for 15 minutes.” My usual response ”my new best friend. Didn’t get his name.” Anyway 105 years of pride and 101 years of heartbreak. Maybe 2018 will be the year the heartbreak needle doesn’t move a notch.

Comment

Rasied in Colonsay, moved to Saskatoon to play football in Grade 12. Lived in a few places in the province. Unfortunately had to move to Edmonton in 1999 to find work (with the fed government) we call it a high price daycare centre. Married to a wonderful woman who tolerates me and my opposition with the Riders. Finally did something right with my life when I became the father to two great girls!!!

Comment

One of my best memories of living in Colonsay is waking up on game day, jumping in a car with a couple buddies, stopping at every small town bar for a drink and going to a game.

Comment

Hi. My name is Dawn and I am very new to football and am working hard to learn the game. I actually watched all the rider games this year. I live with a total rider fan and although he now lives in Alberta he will always be a fan so learn this I must. It was fun to watch and can’t wait for next season

Comment

Welcome! I have loved football since 1990 and basically taught myself the game.Watch and listen for terminology.

The biggest thing for me was understanding what a down was. It is a chance to gain 10 yards and then advance for another potential 10 yards to work down the field to the opponent's end zone to score.It is all about real estate!

Offenses will try passing to shorten the distance.

I learned a lot by watching NFL. Same basic idea but different ways of getting there.

Comment

Hi there! I was here ages ago and lost my password and have now rejoined. My name is Sandra. I'm on Twitter as smilingsandra . I've been a Rider fan for as long as I can remember. I'm a piano teacher and teach about 37 students during the evenings on weekdays. When I don't have the musical hat on, I blog on www.smilingriderfan.blogspot.com and share as admin on ABC Rider Fans on Facebook.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X