Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Introduce Yourself

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introduce Yourself

Didn't realize that this never got restarted after the re-launch of the site.

Introduce yourself here. Who are you? What do you do? What ignited your passion for the Roughriders or CFL?

Share whatever you want...

Hello riderfans, I am a Blue Bomber fan from Northern Manitoba. I have rider relatives in Regina, so I have heard all the lame jokes that go back and forth between the provinces. I am here to to enjoy this week and the upcoming playoff game between us. I like to have a good laugh during the games and after. Bash an trash me all you like if I say something you don't agree with, just don't turn into a suck about it.

GO BOMBERS GO !

Comment

Hello! My name is Nick, I'm a 24 year old die-hard Rider fan from Medicine Hat Alberta!

Comment

Hi all , I have been a big Rider fan since I watched my first Rider game in 1970 , I work at a CO-OP as a Meat Manager , next year will be my third year as a season ticket holder . I have been a diehard Hab fan all my life . I played Junior A hockey back in the day in the SJHL for the Lloydminster Lancers. Together my wife and I have raised 3 children who we love dearly they are now 21, 20 and 15 . I immigrated to Canada from Ireland when I was a young child with my parents and 4 siblings .
        Anyway Iím Rambling on
        Go Riders Go !! Drive the nail Riders !!

Comment

My name is Khan.
          Here is my bio

But anywhooo, I am originally from the Washington area and lived mainly in different places along the west coast and was/am involved in music for a "job." My parents invested in season tickets for the Seahawks for the inaugural season and have had them since. Both my dad and one uncle coached on various levels, and some from the generation before them, so football was always just a part of life growing up. The odd player they had coached would wind up getting a shot and they loved to go see them when they could, so we would attend games in BC. I there-in became a BC Lion fan by default. When I met my now wife, who is from Saskatchewan, we made a compromise. I became a Rider fan, she became a Seahawks fan. She is a wiser football mind than I am and super passionate football in general, but especially the Riders, so this simply worked for us. I feel like the fanbases translate fairly well with each other. When we finally decided to put my career on the back-burner so the wife could put more into hers, we moved back here to be closer to her family. Sadly, in 2013 her father, and my best friend in the country, passed away a few months prior to the Cup after 5 decades of holding season tickets. We were honored to have the organization help ups out with a bit of a ceremony in his honor prior to the big game. When they tore the old barn down, it was a tough day. He would have been so thrilled to be there, and blown away with new Mosaic. I may not have been born a Rider fan, but I am proud to have eventually chosen them.
          Last edited by Beacon.x; 11-07-2018, 07:49 PM.
          #keepthepromise

Onward with escaping the hopeless fantasy of an artificial freedom and darkened picket fences the disillusioned front of friendly foes

Comment

I'm Steve - Co-Host/Co-Owner of Piffles Podcast and PifflesPodcast.com - Been an RF.com member for far longer than I care to admit, and a Rider fan for substantially longer. Father of 2, soon to be 3 next month.

Comment

I'm Andy. I am a high school teacher in Melville and have been a die hard Rider fan since watching The Kick, when I was far too young to understand what it meant. I'm married with a 4 year old son and 6 month old daughter. I love golfing, fishing, creative forum handles, and hanging out at my cabin up north.

Comment

Originally posted by safimod View Post
                I'm Steve - Co-Host/Co-Owner of Piffles Podcast and PifflesPodcast.com - Been an RF.com member for far longer than I care to admit, and a Rider fan for substantially longer. Father of 2, soon to be 3 next month.
                Congratulations!

Comment

I saw my first rider game at the Really Old Taylor Field in 1973 at age 8. My Aunt and Uncle had season tickets, but my uncle would take me to games if my Aunt didn't want to go. I had my first taste of Whisky at a Rider Game at age 12! My Uncle always had a flask with him (in the days before they sold booze at Taylor Field). It was cold, the concession had run out of that gawd-awful chicken soup, so my uncle bought 2 coffee, poured half of each out and filled the cups with his rye. Worst. Drink. Ever. I got my first job as a teenager and turned the first paychecks into season tickets for my dad and I. We used to hit all the pre game breakfasts at the Turvey Center, and he taught me to read a racing form at Queensberry Downs as we would stop in and make a few bets on the ponies or trotters before the football game, and then stop in afterwards to find out we didn't win, just like Riders of the day! I was there the day the biggest cheer was for the piece of cardboard that blew across the goal line! I dropped the tickets after dad passed away in 95. I had a young family then, and we were busy and broke, so football was for TV! Since then, I have owned shares of season tickets with friends and family at different times. My wife and I like to go when we can. Unfortunately, my last game was the last game at old mosaic. With 2 daughters getting married in the last couple of years, with work and other commitments, we just haven't been able to find our way to get to a game at the new stadium. My attraction to the Riders is nostalgic - so many good memories with my dad, my uncle, my wife, my son ... I cannot think of a better team to cheer for in any sport, anywhere!

Comment

Hi all. My name is Tom. Born and raised in Canora. Made a number of trips to games either with my parents, my best friend and our dads, my buddies, or a bunch of fans on a bus. First game was in the late seventies I think. The Joey Walters years. Went to university in Saskatoon and made more trips to games. Favourite seats in either Section 28 or in the upper deck in a row of seats we called the cage because there was nothing in front of us and only a rail behind. Moved to Grande Prairie for radio and have still been able to make a few games including the Labour Day Classic in 1990 and one during the last season at Taylor Field. Have also seen games at Commonwealth including the 1997 Grey Cup, and now at McMahon (thanks CRF). Married a wonderful girl who is a huge fan as well even though she was born near Peace River in a town called Nampa and her dad and brother are Eskimo fans lol. We have twins boy and girl who both live in Calgary. And I now work for the Chamber of Commerce. I have more stories but I will leave it at that for now. Go Riders /=S=/

Comment

Iím a dude who works in the trades. I have a family and do family stuff with them.

Thatís about it.

Comment

My name is Ryan. 45 years old. Been on the RF site for 9ish years and for the last remnants of the infamous RiderGirl era.

Born in Winnipeg, grew up in Regina, went to Thom, moved back to Winnipeg to be closer to family after university, career wise it was a bad move as there wasn't much there for me, moved to Calgary about 17 years ago.

I was a VB developer, then a .net developer, then moved into the data side and been there since as a BI developer, then DBA, and now a BI manager.

Married and a father of 4 kids.

Comment

Wow, Joe's comments about the Turvey centre and that chicken soup they served in cups sure brings back memories of the first years I attended games. 1978 was my first one.

Comment

Hey, I'm Sal. I'm a code monkey. I also do a lot of disc (frisbee) dog. I was the one with the tiger-killing border collie showing off at the 2013 fan parade. He's still with me and doing great - we got on the podium at world's earlier this year.

My grandfather was a railbird. Whenever he'd look after me, we'd stop at A&W for a coffee and apple juice then go down to the practice field. I've been a rider fan ever since because if you can love them in the early 80s, nothing is going to shake that.

Comment

Diehard Argonaut ST holder and CFL fan who went to my first Argonaut game in 1976.
                              My father took me to games as a child and I now take my 15 year old son (Ticat fan) to all Argo games and several Ticat games per season.
                              We all share a common bond as CFL fans however I post from a Toronto fan perspective.
                              I am very active on our own site (Argofans.com) but enjoy reading and discussing topics on this site (Riderfans is the only other CFL fan forum I follow).
                              One of my first memories was cheering for the Riders in the 1976 Grey Cup against Ottawa (we all know how that turned out).
                              One thing I want to get out there is although our attendance numbers arenít what you guys currently enjoy our fan base is just as proud and enthusiastic as any Rider fan.
                              I wish your team well on Sunday!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X