Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Our D, according to Some

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All this "opportunistic" talk is weird to me.

I mean, isn't making a play making a play?

When Calgary scores on offence, is it just lucky and "opportunistic" as well?

Comment

Originally posted by hospitalbed View Post
      All this "opportunistic" talk is weird to me.

I mean, isn't making a play making a play?

When Calgary scores on offence, is it just lucky and "opportunistic" as well?
      Opportunistic for me is converting defensive plays into touchdowns. A good defensive pay is generally a quick tackle or defended pass. Very good defensive plays are interceptions.....but this D has gone beyond and turned those plays directly into points and often at key times in games. To me that is different than just making the plays presented to you.

Also, opportunistic doesn’t mean lucky. For this team it is a result of planning, preparation and execution.

Comment

First time reading the thread and it doesn't make sense until I realize people are deleting / editing posts.

How the hell does Booch survive a banning, and Bingo get a timeout in the penalty box?

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Faragalli View Post

My former boss used to remind us about “The 7 P’s” - Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance[/B]
          Reminds me the 5Ds of dodgeball.

Dodge
          Duck
          Dip
          Dive
          Dodge

Comment

Originally posted by WilsonR View Post

My apologies...I should have picked up on the joke. All good, I hope.
            It obviously wasn't very funny. A swing and a miss.

Comment

Originally posted by Vegas View Post
              I wouldn't say Sask defense has been most consistant..I'd give that nod to CGY....Then Ottawa....sure Sask has some sexy stats and some games where they were the sole reason for their wins...but if you can't chalk several of them up to very opportunistic luck, as opposed to an amazingly stellar athletic defensive play then I don't know what you were watching...

Statistically we are better on most major defensive stats...so I would say Winnipeg's has to be better...because lord knows if the situations were reversed we'd be hearing that the stats "say" the other team is better

1st place would be great for the injuries, but I am ready to smack the bombers in our house, if that's the way it goes down.
              The only thing I disagree on is luck. If we hare having luck on our side, we could double our takeaways. just saying.
              Pick your battles small enough to win but big enough to matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Easy Rider View Post
                Calgary has the only defense that should be in the same conversation, IMO. Winnipeg? Please.
                Well. They were missing there two best from last year all year. One is back I think. They are def good. I give the nod to the Riders D though.

Comment

Discussing Winnipeg and Saskatchewan defences is like discussing apples and oranges. Winnipeg slow progressing bend don't break Richie Hall style of defence, is 1st or 2nd in the opponents scoring categories, but it does lend itself to allowing teams to be on the field longer and more yardage. Teams get frustrated and make mistakes. The Riders defence is based on getting the opposition team off the field as much as possible. We lead the league in two and outs, but we are also on the bottom half of the league on giving up big plays.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X