Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

11 defensive TDs, 15 return TDs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 11 defensive TDs, 15 return TDs

Thought this record was worth a shoutout to our defence. Hope I got this right, I think 11 TDs and 15 total returns tie with the 1987 Lions for best all time.

Been a phenomenal year for the defence. Imagine how much better they'd be if they had more rest during games, too!

Comment

It could have been 12 D TDs. The D picked a pass on Labour Day and got it down to the 1 (or 2). The O then punched it in.

Comment

if not a CFL record pretty sure it is a team record

Comment

Originally posted by Rotor View Post
          if not a CFL record pretty sure it is a team record
          It is. 11 defensive TD's actually ties the CFL record.

I don't know what the previous Rider team record was but going back to 1981 I don't remember anything like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Rider_Stronson View Post
            Been a phenomenal year for the defence. Imagine how much better they'd be if they had more rest during games, too!
            I thought I heard we ranked 2nd in time possession?

Comment

Originally posted by TheAxeMan View Post

3rd behind Calgary at 30.42. 5 seconds behind Calgary who are at 30.47.

Comment

Originally posted by Marcus Aurelius View Post
                It could have been 12 D TDs. The D picked a pass on Labour Day and got it down to the 1 (or 2). The O then punched it in.
                Yes, but Pencilmeister would say that the one against the Shmoes doesn't count.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAxeMan View Post

Mostly by our defence's own hand as we lead the CFL in defensive two and outs. We're also near the bottom in going 2 and out offensively too.

Comment

Doesn't matter: The Winnipeg defence is better than ours... did we throw a shutout?? So sayeth the highly objective as well as mighty fans of the fabled franchise and soon to be GC Champs, the Blue Bummers. The GC parade route has already been planned to loop repeatedly around Doublemint Drive in Winnipeg...

Comment

Originally posted by THE RULK View Post
                      Doesn't matter: The Winnipeg defence is better than ours... did we throw a shutout?? So sayeth the highly objective as well as mighty fans of the fabled franchise and soon to be GC Champs, the Blue Bummers. The GC parade route has already been planned to loop repeatedly around Doublemint Drive in Winnipeg...
                      Don't be silly.
                      Everyone knows they are going to have the same parade route that they used in 1990 for old times sake.

Comment

4 kick/punt return TDs and 3rd overall in points off turnovers up to week 19.
                        Last edited by Mcintosh; 10-29-2018, 11:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ONE ARMED BANDIT View Post

Don't be silly.
                          Everyone knows they are going to have the same parade route that they used in 1990 for old times sake.
                          with a special trip down "Milt Steagal has no ring BLVD"

Comment

ROTOR. You bastard.

Rut beer out my nose on that one. You owe me a new Armani suit doublet! That Rut Beer never comes out!

Comment

With Milt, of course, driving his mini-van.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X