Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shout out to the special teams....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fullhouse View Post
    Who would have thought Christian Jones became expendable at the start of the year. There is Thigpen, Purifoy, Shaq Evans and Kyron Moore that all have had great returns. All in the blocking too.
    And not having returns wiped out by penalty. The discipline Craig installs is huge.

Comment

I would like if the Riders introduced the starting special teams (kick or punt)! I think itís a good way to give them credit for their accomplishments and really get them jacked up! It seems to me I have heard College teams have done this in the past?

Comment

Once again.....Craig Dickenson's crew were great.

Comment

Originally posted by Fullhouse View Post
          Who would have thought Christian Jones became expendable at the start of the year. There is Thigpen, Purifoy, Shaq Evans and Kyron Moore that all have had great returns. All in the blocking too.
          Love the depth on our roster. Next guy up.

Jones has built up a lot of flexibility with our roster.

Comment

Originally posted by Deedawg View Post
            I would like if the Riders introduced the starting special teams (kick or punt)! I think itís a good way to give them credit for their accomplishments and really get them jacked up! It seems to me I have heard College teams have done this in the past?
            It's a good idea. Actually Calgary did that for pre-game for their home game vs the Riders. But the Riders have gone away from individual intros of any sort.

Comment

Some on here rag on Bartell and his punting. I've read several thoughts and comments on his results but I don't know if it's ever been confirmed by a member with inside info if he is being "asked" to kick the way he is or whether it's just his "style" this year. Last year he boomed a lot more kicks but maybe our coverage wasn't as good. IMHO I believe he is being asked to kick this way to limit returns, and especially returns for TDs. when he out kicks the coverage.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X