Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bo to the NFL??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bingo_Arms View Post

I don't see why he wouldn't. Huff has never gotten into free agency bidding wars for the nice shiny February prizes like Walters or Jones but he has always made re-signing his own guys a priority. That's where he spends his money and Bo would fit right into that.
    To a point. He's letting Micah walk, he let Tommie Campbell walk, if guys want more money than he's willing to pay, he lets them go. This just might be the occasion he gets into a bidding war.

Comment

• Originally posted by greenrider55 View Post

To a point. He's letting Micah walk, he let Tommie Campbell walk, if guys want more money than he's willing to pay, he lets them go. This just might be the occasion he gets into a bidding war.
      Derek Dennis he let walk as well, obviously a QB is different so thatís why we need to drive the price up on him so Huff doesnít get a deal

Comment

• Forgive me as I don't know how to embed Tweets, but a beat writer out of Calgary tweeted this:

According to
        @TSN_Sports
        sources, Mitchell may not necessarily return to the Stamps if he opts to remain in Canada. Several teams are rumored to have an interest in Mitchell including the Saskatchewan Roughriders. -
        @CTVSchmidtC
        #CFL #Stamps

Comment

• If Calgary keeps Bo, I hope they pay through the Arse for him and completely devastate their chances to provide him with any receivers, or even a good line to protect him. Rich Bo on his arse under a pile of defensive tackle flesh is a very pleasing image IMA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Murphy View Post

Derek Dennis he let walk as well, obviously a QB is different so thatís why we need to drive the price up on him so Huff doesnít get a deal
            Yeah, all those guys mentioned are imports. You can also add Stanley Bryant to that list. The two biggest keys to success in the CFL are you starting non imports and your starting QB. Huff has always paid for those and trusted in his ability to recruit the import positions around them. It's that ability to recruit and build a pipeline that's allowed him to let Tommie Campbell walk and be replaced by a better and cheaper DB in Tre Roberson. I think whatever number Bo gives to the Stamps Huff will pay. I also don't think Bo will be a jerk about it either. He loves the city and has relationships with the coach and GM. It's a good situation for him there where he can set a bunch of records and win a few more Grey Cups.

He'll get his money but all I think he wants out of the Stamps is to have them submit an offer that's competitive. He isn't walking away from Calgary for $50-75k for example. I have no reason to believe that Huff wont get him close to what he could get from us or Toronto. Kudos to them to have a player that will likely give them a bit of a discount.

Comment

Forgive me as I don't know how to embed Tweets, but a beat writer out of Calgary tweeted this:

According to
              @TSN_Sports
              sources, Mitchell may not necessarily return to the Stamps if he opts to remain in Canada. Several teams are rumored to have an interest in Mitchell including the Saskatchewan Roughriders. -
              @CTVSchmidtC
              #CFL #Stamps
              Consequently, I hope we don't get "the floss" ourselves.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bingo_Arms View Post

Yeah, all those guys mentioned are imports. You can also add Stanley Bryant to that list. The two biggest keys to success in the CFL are you starting non imports and your starting QB. Huff has always paid for those and trusted in his ability to recruit the import positions around them. It's that ability to recruit and build a pipeline that's allowed him to let Tommie Campbell walk and be replaced by a better and cheaper DB in Tre Roberson. I think whatever number Bo gives to the Stamps Huff will pay. I also don't think Bo will be a jerk about it either. He loves the city and has relationships with the coach and GM. It's a good situation for him there where he can set a bunch of records and win a few more Grey Cups.

He'll get his money but all I think he wants out of the Stamps is to have them submit an offer that's competitive. He isn't walking away from Calgary for $50-75k for example. I have no reason to believe that Huff wont get him close to what he could get from us or Toronto. Kudos to them to have a player that will likely give them a bit of a discount.
                I don't agree that there will be any discount. What there will be is under the table favors, money, opportunities and off the books shenanigans of which the Stampeder organization is famous for...

Comment

• Originally posted by THE RULK View Post

I don't agree that there will be any discount. What there will be is under the table favors, money, opportunities and off the books shenanigans of which the Stampeder organization is famous for...
                  Do you have any facts to back this claim of under the table money from the Stamps?

Comment

• I think Bo is going to listen to offers. And there's a good chance that someone goes past Huff's offer to him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rider_Stronson View Post
                      I think Bo is going to listen to offers. And there's a good chance that someone goes past Huff's offer to him.
                      I believe this too. This is quite possibly the best QB in the history of the CFL we're talking about. He's going to get (probably) the largest contract in history.

Comment

I believe this too. This is quite possibly the best QB in the history of the CFL we're talking about. He's going to get (probably) the largest contract in history.
                        He wonít come close to largest contract in history of CFL

Comment

But how long will he sign. One and an option and look again to the nfl out again next year at this time?
                          Rider QB Scrappin in Full Swing

Comment

• Originally posted by Rider_Stronson View Post
                            I think Bo is going to listen to offers. And there's a good chance that someone goes past Huff's offer to him.
                            How high should we go? If Reilly gets $700K, is $750K unreasonable for Bo?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigsexydawg View Post

But how long will he sign. One and an option and look again to the nfl out again next year at this time?
                              I think Farhan said he's only getting offers of around 600k USD per season, so hypothetically say he signs for 750k, and in his option window gets the same offers from NFL teams... I think 1 + option makes sense BSD.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slowhand View Post

How high should we go? If Reilly gets $700K, is $750K unreasonable for Bo?
                                If Reilly gets 700k then Bo gets at least that. Puts Harris at about 600-650 then. Joining the arms race is going isnít for those that donít want overspend
                                Rider QB Scrappin in Full Swing

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X