Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Alouettes situation going into 2019

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Magnum View Post

I will disagree with you. Its not going to make the teams have a 180 degree change but there will be some renewed interest in the league. Ad revenue and a new TV deal with a 10th team should also increase.

The big thing is all 3 teams have stable and committed ownership and plans to turn their attendance misfortunes around.
    Agreed. Though I'm not convinced MTL has a plan... they seem to be flying by the seat of Kavis' pants. Unless, of course, the "plan" is to find his replacement and promote him out of the way.
    You matter. Unless you multiply yourself by the speed of light squared... ...then you energy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Magnum View Post

I will disagree with you. Its not going to make the teams have a 180 degree change but there will be some renewed interest in the league. Ad revenue and a new TV deal with a 10th team should also increase.

The big thing is all 3 teams have stable and committed ownership and plans to turn their attendance misfortunes around.
      ok - and I will concede your point that adding a 10th team is a general reason for optimism - we shall see if it translates into increased $$$

Comment

• Originally posted by SFiO View Post

Unless, of course, the "plan" is to find his replacement and promote him out of the way.
        The Hamilton Way. Worked with Austin.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rotor View Post

that 10th team does nothing to prop up the the big 3

how many season ticket sales does BC, Tor and MTL have? What is their average attendance?

I don't have those numbers at my finger tip but it is certainly reason to be very concerned about their ongoing existence with Braley getting older and Wettenall's maybe getting tired of flushing money
          And what do 2 of those teams have in common? BC and Toronto were the only 2 teams in the league to show an increase in attendance in 2019 albeit very marginal. The other 7 teams saw a decrease.

IMO the Lions have done a great job in the past couple of years offering a diverse set of options, price range, STs for kids, payment plans etc to attract fans. I don't really know how much more they can do in that area. I don't believe a change in ownership itself will move the gate needle at all. What concerns me most about the inevitable ownership change is that it will be a step into the unknown after 22 years and counting of Braley. Whomever the new owners become and whenever that might happen they may not have the same sort of patience to keep cutting cheques if things don't turn around.
          Last edited by Hambone; 01-05-2019, 01:03 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hambone View Post

And what do 2 of those teams have in common? BC and Toronto were the only 2 teams in the league to show an increase in attendance in 2019 albeit very marginal. The other 7 teams saw a decrease.

IMO the Lions have done a great job in the past couple of years offering a diverse set of options, price range, STs for kids, payment plans etc to attract fans. I don't really know how much more they can do in that area. I don't believe a change in ownership itself will move the gate needle at all. What concerns me most about the inevitable ownership change is that it will be a step into the unknown after 22 years and counting of Braley and whomever the new owners become may not have the same sort of patience to keep cutting cheques if things don't turn around.
            good news

Comment

• Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X