Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Alouettes situation going into 2019

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Ike View Post

    I sure hope that was suppose to be the start of a joke!
    The saddest part of the joke is willy is likely better than Watford. And no we should not.
    Nothing like a whole off season to choke on cram sammiches!

    Comment


    • https://montrealgazette.com/sports/f...season-in-2019

      Comment


      • Comment


        • Originally posted by Rider_Stronson View Post
          The puppet master blaming the puppet?
          Rider QB Scrappin in Full Swing

          Comment


          • lets make a deal on pipken kavis!

            trading with kavis lately has been very beneficial.

            this paragraph from the article pretty much says it all

            A little more than 21 years later, the Alouettes have almost come full circle. Unable to draw fans, the Als are closing 5,000 seats.
            The team is awful. Team management has been inept at best. The fans are fed up. Once again, the Alouettes might be approaching a crossroads as a franchise, this time with Bob Wetenhall’s son, Andrew, directing the club.
            Last edited by Vegas; 01-01-2019, 01:01 PM.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Vegas View Post
              lets make a deal on pipken kavis!

              trading with kavis lately has been very beneficial.

              this paragraph from the article pretty much says it all
              A little more than 21 years later, the Alouettes have almost come full circle. Unable to draw fans, the Als are closing 5,000 seats.
              The team is awful. Team management has been inept at best. The fans are fed up. Once again, the Alouettes might be approaching a crossroads as a franchise, this time with Bob Wetenhall’s son, Andrew, directing the club.

              IMHO, Wetenhall/Manzier = Skalbania/Ferragamo.
              Last edited by Mallard; 01-01-2019, 02:43 PM.
              Nothing like a whole off season to choke on cram sammiches!

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Rider_Stronson View Post
                he should look in the mirror . His first mistake was hiring Kavis in the first place.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Mallard View Post

                  The saddest part of the joke is willy is likely better than Watford. And no we should not.
                  Better than BB

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by RAJ47 View Post

                    Better than BB
                    And the Willy comment still stands. No to Willy.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Mallard View Post

                      IMHO, Wetenhall/Manzier = Skalbania/Ferragamo.
                      Different CFL times. The Als benched the East MOP QB Datillio to hand the job to an NFL super-hero Vince - huge signing back then.

                      Manzier came to the Als via trade and with some hype, but not the same sort of saviour thing going to the same degree, and they were in big need of QB help. Maybe they hoped it would sell lots of tickets there though.

                      Als with the Wet&all clowns in charge now are in attendance decline in a dinky little stadium; back then - they played in the Big Owe with some huge crowds in the bank.

                      Hopefully - things now do not point to another folding of the Als; but I'm very worried there with Wet&all and Mavis in charge now = things look bleak

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by CC Ryder View Post

                        Different CFL times. The Als benched the East MOP QB Datillio to hand the job to an NFL super-hero Vince - huge signing back then.

                        Manzier came to the Als via trade and with some hype, but not the same sort of saviour thing going to the same degree, and they were in big need of QB help. Maybe they hoped it would sell lots of tickets there though.

                        Als with the Wet&all clowns in charge now are in attendance decline in a dinky little stadium; back then - they played in the Big Owe with some huge crowds in the bank.

                        Hopefully - things now do not point to another folding of the Als; but I'm very worried there with Wet&all and Mavis in charge now = things look bleak
                        personally I think you are overreacting
                        Alberta boy, Rider fan

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Smeelmyfuut View Post

                          personally I think you are overreacting
                          about the real trouble in MTL? I think he's right about that - not alot of people lining up to flush money down the toilet of the CFL - Braley STILL owner in BC - and nobody lining up to take MTL off the Wentenall's hands to my knowledge

                          Toronto still bleeding money - now I think Cal, Edm, Riders, Wpg, Ham, Ott all made money but BC, Tor and MTL are what drive advertising revenue and they have been on death's doorstep for a long time

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by CC Ryder View Post

                            Different CFL times. The Als benched the East MOP QB Datillio to hand the job to an NFL super-hero Vince - huge signing back then.

                            Manzier came to the Als via trade and with some hype, but not the same sort of saviour thing going to the same degree, and they were in big need of QB help. Maybe they hoped it would sell lots of tickets there though.

                            Als with the Wet&all clowns in charge now are in attendance decline in a dinky little stadium; back then - they played in the Big Owe with some huge crowds in the bank.

                            Hopefully - things now do not point to another folding of the Als; but I'm very worried there with Wet&all and Mavis in charge now = things look bleak
                            No one is folding especially with the prospect of a 10th team on the horizon.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Magnum View Post

                              No one is folding especially with the prospect of a 10th team on the horizon.
                              that 10th team does nothing to prop up the the big 3

                              how many season ticket sales does BC, Tor and MTL have? What is their average attendance?

                              I don't have those numbers at my finger tip but it is certainly reason to be very concerned about their ongoing existence with Braley getting older and Wettenall's maybe getting tired of flushing money

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Rotor View Post

                                that 10th team does nothing to prop up the the big 3

                                how many season ticket sales does BC, Tor and MTL have? What is their average attendance?

                                I don't have those numbers at my finger tip but it is certainly reason to be very concerned about their ongoing existence with Braley getting older and Wettenall's maybe getting tired of flushing money
                                I will disagree with you. Its not going to make the teams have a 180 degree change but there will be some renewed interest in the league. Ad revenue and a new TV deal with a 10th team should also increase.

                                The big thing is all 3 teams have stable and committed ownership and plans to turn their attendance misfortunes around.

                                Comment

                                Announcement

                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

                                Announcement

                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X