Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Alouettes situation going into 2019

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Alouettes situation going into 2019

So Sherman confirms he'll be back as Head Coach, Madani confirms Kavis Reed will be back as GM, and Manziel confirms he'll be back to honour the last year of his contract.

Good luck, I guess

Comment

Originally posted by Rider_Stronson View Post

So Sherman confirms he'll be back as Head Coach, Madani confirms Kavis Reed will be back as GM, and Manziel confirms he'll be back to honour the last year of his contract.
      Well, that just awesome for Al fans.
      Itís an unpopular opinion maybe, but Iíve never thought Sherman was a great leader of men. Iíve never seen him build a program - Iíve seen him run them into the ground. (NFL). Everybody knows about Reed. And Johnny, oh Johnny, still say he coulda been good but Iíve given up hope of his head ever being on straight. 3 win team, 0 win QB and he still canít make it to practice. Whatís the ceiling for this group - mediocrity at best. Maybe Al fans can look forward to scoring more than 17 points a game next year, maybe.
      Last edited by Rick Blaine; 10-25-2018, 06:54 AM.

Comment

On the positive side, they're going to have cool new jerseys

Comment

Set at quarterback?
          Is it May yet?

Comment

Oh boy - Things are looking great in Als Town for 2019 :S

Comment

Originally posted by juice View Post
              Set at quarterback?
              Unstoppable.

Comment

Originally posted by safimod View Post

Oh boy - Things are looking great in Als Town for 2019 :S
                Things are looking better. Having a coach and QB that spans more than one year is a move in the right direction. 2019 is Kavis' to actually do something than get a 3-15 season going, but hey, Winnipeg has been rebuilding for 28+ years, so why not.

Comment

Bright future for the ALS with those three leading the way. wink wink! Are AL fans still as crazy about Johhny as they were when he first came there? Serious question because I have no idea!

Comment

Originally posted by RDavidson View Post

Things are looking better. Having a coach and QB that spans more than one year is a move in the right direction. 2019 is Kavis' to actually do something than get a 3-15 season going, but hey, Winnipeg has been rebuilding for 28+ years, so why not.
                    Agreed. They need continuity in order to get back to being competitive. As much as we dump on Kavis, the team has improved this year. The team today is better than the hot mess that started the year. Now, I think mediocrity is the high water mark for them and maybe when they rise to that you make the next change, Change for the sake of change seldom does much.

Comment

On the positive side, they're going to have cool new jerseys
                      Personally I think the new jerseys look ugly. So it's 0 for 3 in my books. LOL
                      Waiting for the big ole splash...

Comment

Doesn't seem to be a popular opinion but I don't think Manziel has looked "too" bad the last few games... Especially with the train wreck he's playing on. Plant him on a team with a decent offensive line, some consistency in receivers and a legitimate game plan and I feel he'd have some success.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Fan View Post
                          Doesn't seem to be a popular opinion but I don't think Manziel has looked "too" bad the last few games... Especially with the train wreck he's playing on. Plant him on a team with a decent offensive line, some consistency in receivers and a legitimate game plan and I feel he'd have some success.
                          I got the feeling he is trying to play himself off the Als and onto another roster once he is a FA.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Fan View Post
                            I think the Manziel trade is going to end in a disaster for the Als, with the King's ransom they gave up to get him. But that's as much a fault of the Wetenhall's as it is Kavis' fault imo. Johnny has improved but I still see giant holes in his game and there's reports circulating around that he's not exactly the hardest worker. Too many reports to deny. He seems focuses on "other" things and when you're going up against the Reilly's, the BLM's, the Collaros' in the CFL...........these guys work very hard at the craft at being QB. You're competing against them and if you don't match their efforts, you'll never emerge as being great yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by RDavidson View Post

I got the feeling he is trying to play himself off the Als and onto another roster once he is a FA.
                              So much for continuity then. For the sake of continuity, theyíd better keep Pipkin around.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X