Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Power Rankings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Power Rankings

    The newest Power Rankings are up at CFL website. The Riders are ranked as 4th..............Comments

    https://www.cfl.ca/2018/10/23/new-ki...ower-rankings/

  • #2
    Good. Keep us down below our next opponent. Jefferson said post game on Sat they were ticked at being dropped to 7th after losing to Winnipeg. I hope they stay ticked that they are only 4th after beating Calgary.

    Comment


    • #3
      Here are cfl.ca's power rankings, week by week.........

      Click image for larger version

Name:	CFL Week 20 Power Rankings.png
Views:	1
Size:	347.3 KB
ID:	344619

      Comment


      • #4
        Itís probably difficult to rank a team that looked terrible two weeks ago then vastly outplayed the first place team the next week. I canít argue with BC and Winnipeg being ahead of us but maybe Calgary should be fourth? They lost two straight and struggled three weeks ago against Montreal.

        One thing I know for sure is that these rankings canít be as bad as last week when they randomly put Hamilton at one.

        Comment


        • #5
          We're 8-2 in our last 10 games, including wins against the Lions (#1) and 2 wins against a Winnipeg team (#3) that cannot pass us in the standings is ridiculous. I know Winnipeg drank our milkshake two games ago, but regardless of the formula they're using these are out to lunch. Somehow, one loss took us from 2nd to 7th, then beating the top team in the league only brought us back to 4th. I mean, they don't matter at all - the only rankings of any consequence are the ones that have us in second place at 11-6 - but it still grinds my gears because it's so preposterous.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Andy View Post
            We're 8-2 in our last 10 games, including wins against the Lions (#1) and 2 wins against a Winnipeg team (#3) that cannot pass us in the standings is ridiculous. I know Winnipeg drank our milkshake two games ago, but regardless of the formula they're using these are out to lunch. Somehow, one loss took us from 2nd to 7th, then beating the top team in the league only brought us back to 4th. I mean, they don't matter at all - the only rankings of any consequence are the ones that have us in second place at 11-6 - but it still grinds my gears because it's so preposterous.
            Yes. And the bummers are going to lose the next two games and miss the playoffs. They will probably still be ranked third. I think Darrell Davis makes them up!

            Comment


            • #7
              4th eh. I'll take it.

              Undrafted, underestimated, unknown. Underdog. BEL13VE.

              https://www.riderville.com/2018/10/22/bel13ve/

              Comment


              • #8
                These rankings are written by crazy people.

                Let's not even address where the Riders are. How does Hamilton, ranked 1st last week (which was highly debatable in the first place), drop to 6th (!!) after losing a close game to a division rival, and Calgary manages to hang onto 2nd after losing to a division rival and dropping back to back games at home...

                Not only that, but Ottawa beat Hamilton, the former #1, and only goes up one spot in the rankings???

                Then BC beats the #5 from the previous week, and jumps from 4th to 1st?
                Last edited by oraclese; 10-23-2018, 10:04 AM.
                Doh

                Comment


                • #9
                  so We play another first place ranked team

                  good tests going into playoffs

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Let the Riders feel disrespected. They seem to play better when there's doubt or they feel they aren't getting the credit they deserve.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      So if we beat BC on Saturday will we get the #1 spot?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        so Calgary can lose 2 straight, struggle against the worst team and still be ahead of us.......

                        uhuh.

                        I guess Dickenson threw a challenge flag on this too and was successful.
                        Alberta boy, Rider fan

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by ONE ARMED BANDIT View Post
                          So if we beat BC on Saturday will we get the #1 spot?
                          Hold your horses there, let's not go crazy. Unicorns may have to appear before that happens.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by oraclese View Post
                            These rankings are written by crazy people.

                            Let's not even address where the Riders are. How does Hamilton, ranked 1st last week (which was highly debatable in the first place), drop to 6th (!!) after losing a close game to a division rival, and Calgary manages to hang onto 2nd after losing to a division rival and dropping back to back games at home...

                            Not only that, but Ottawa beat Hamilton, the former #1, and only goes up one spot in the rankings???

                            Then BC beats the #5 from the previous week, and jumps from 4th to 1st?
                            I think they are just drawing names from a hat at this point. The Hamilton surge last week and subsequent 5 place plunge is bizarre. BC is a good team but their surge in ranking seems to be based on beating the same two teams we just beat.

                            These rankings say far more about the people putting them together than they do about the teams they are supposed to be ranking. Their random criteria (or feelings) seem to shift randomly every week. Its no wonder that the component analysts won't put their name to them.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by ONE ARMED BANDIT View Post
                              So if we beat BC on Saturday will we get the #1 spot?
                              I think it will depend on if we do it with style points or not......If big Willie does a pirouette or two on his way to the endzone - we may just crack first!!!!

                              Comment

                              Announcement

                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.

                              Announcement

                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X