Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Riders sign OL draft choice Dakoda Shepley

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did not realize he has not signed a SPC. Strange move by the Riders unless they have a deal in place for a contract signing immediately after their last game.

Comment

Originally posted by IMWT View Post

If he finishes the season on the PR he is a FA. If he is activated to the 46, he is not. I am sure that he will not be on the PR at season's end. Depending on his contract, he may be eligible for the NFL window this offseason if he has a 1+1 of not until the end of next season if he signed a 2+1. Either way rights remain with the Riders until the end of that year.
      If he finishes the year on the PR I believe the Riders would have the option to add him to their neg list to retain his rights.

Comment

Dakota Shipley! Yay!

Comment

Will Shepley get into a game this year?

Comment

Originally posted by CalgaryRiderFan View Post
            Now with this signing and Blake I think I will end up wrong on my thoughts that JSJ will be back next year.
            As far as I am concerned, we have really good depth in the interior of our offensive line now...especially going into next year.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Fan View Post

I always thought the guys getting poached had to accept being picked up by the other team? Ex: A PR player is potentially poached with the guarantee that he's given a game day roster spot and not another PR spot (or re-worked contract, etc)? I thought this happened last year where a team tried to poach a player but the player declined the new team's offer. May not have been the Riders though?
              The answer to your first sentence is yes. It's all an interesting aside but let's face it, the Riders aren't going to let another team steal Dakoda Shepley on them.

Comment

Originally posted by gchef View Post
                Iím thinking they must have a hand shake agreement that he doesnít accept a roster spot with another team. He gets to feel out the riders, and have the ability to bolt to the NFL, and the riders donít burn a year off his contract by keeping him on the PR.

Thats how I imagine this arrangement works.
                Contract hidden in someone's drawers.
                Nothing like a whole off season to choke on cram sammiches!

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainCanuck View Post

Comment

Signed on the dotted line b!tches.
                    Rider QB Scrappin in Full Swing

Comment

Originally posted by WinnipegGordo View Post

If he finishes the year on the PR I believe the Riders would have the option to add him to their neg list to retain his rights.
                      I was wondering about that.

I'm also not sure if Naylor is correct to begin with. I think you need to sign a player to keep them on the PR for any length of time. Since the NFL window is back, we can sign him for the standard league minimum 2 year deal, pay him PR wage for the rest of the year, then let him exercise the NFL window. Chances are that if he did come back, we would extend him and pay him better, rather than having him for only 1 year at minimum salary.

This assumes that he wants an NFL window at all. He might be pretty okay signing a 3 year deal with decent money, especially if he can burn the first year right away.

Comment

Originally posted by Rock Preston #1 View Post

As far as I am concerned, we have really good depth in the interior of our offensive line now...especially going into next year.
                        I really like the non imports that we have recently added to the roster. Our NI depth is looking solid.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigsexydawg View Post
                          Signed on the dotted line b!tches.
                          Loved this pick. Kid is elite. He will be well worth the wait.

Comment

Originally posted by RAJ47 View Post

Loved this pick. Kid is elite. He will be well worth the wait.
                            The Riders actually signed him relatively quickly.

Comment

Thought he may have tried his luck in the AAFL.

Comment

Originally posted by Pull my Finger View Post

High draft pick yes, still a rookie, yes. Tossing him into the fray at this point might be a mistake, he doesnít know the play book or the other players responsibilities. Could be a recipe for either killing his confidence or an injury. Maybe line him up as a fullback or tight end for blocking but Iíd be concerned about his ability to jump into the fray as an O lineman. All of this said without really knowing much about him so I might be out to lunch but heís still a rookie with zero practice time, zero walk thrus, zero time in the film room as a rider.
                                Who knows?
                                People said the same about Heenan. It took him about 2 games to establish himself as a all-star.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X