Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scared of the Bombers?? Maybe a little ....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Itzgodzilla View Post

Winnipeg has never really scared me... They are so hot/cold that you can't say from day to day what you will get...

They managed to beat two teams with decimated offensive weapons...

The 30-3 victory over the Schmoes actually impressed me more then the 31-0 win over the Riders... but given how poorly Reilly had played over their last couple (up until the win this weekend) it wasn't a big surprise.

Winnipeg is going into the final weeks one of the healthiest teams in the west. With how close the West is this year, Injuries are a huge advantage.

Losing brooks late in the game allowed Winnipeg to establish a run game with Lafrance and burn time down.

Honestly, Winnipeg is a better team with Nichols off the field...

I am honestly at the point where I just want us to make it to the playoffs with enough healthy players to actually put up a fight... we have been hit hard the last 2-3 games.
    LOL to the bold. It's fun knocking them but they are a good team right now. What concerns me is putting up 31 points against our D, 10 off turnovers though, in a half of football. That is not even close to the D we had earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigsexydawg View Post

Collaros is still an option but would have to be at reduced salary
      He shouldn’t be an option if he sucks no matter what he is being paid. That doesn’t do anything for the team. Talent on the field trumps salaries.

Comment

Originally posted by Rock Preston #1 View Post

He shouldn’t be an option if he sucks no matter what he is being paid. That doesn’t do anything for the team. Talent on the field trumps salaries.
        Yeah, thats my feeling as well, unless the extra coin we save is put into some FA receiving talent maybe?

Comment

Exactly! For every player on every team. Never understood the reasoning behind " he's terrible, but if we can get him cheap."

I read a lot of that, not just here.

Comment

Originally posted by CalgaryRiderFan View Post
            Trying to think of who could actually be bidding for Collaros if we need to negotiate. Edmonton maybe if Reilly leaves for BC. Maybe Calgary if Bo goes to the NFL. Ottawa will look to re-sign Harris first. Collaros will probably be a Plan B for most teams only if their current guy bolts
            Exactly.
            Ottawa seems to have a love-hate relationship with Harris. ZC could be an option if they disappoint in the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigsexydawg View Post

Collaros is still an option but would have to be at reduced salary
              Fact is , Their aren't a lot of QB options out there. Although ZC as struggled....we definitely saw early in the season how dismal things were with out him.

BB and Watford are not alternatives at all. We will need to restock our #2 and #3 regardless of whether we end up with as our starter.

Comment

We saw 2 games of flashes of what we could do with Collaros. I'd say he is by far less of an issue as some make it out to be, we need continuity with QB and receivers. Young guys are awesome to have, but too many can really make for a turbulent ride, as we are seeing with our season.

I would re-sign Collaros, but it would be for 330K base with 100K performance bonuses.... maybe even dropping to 250K guaranteed and 100-170K of bonuses. You get 25+ Td's on the season, with a 2:1 td to Int average, and go to the Grey cup, you can be worth the 430k, if not, you are 250K-300k.

Comment

Originally posted by Rider_Stronson View Post

McAdoo's playbook is as thin as a Siberian vacation pamphlet.
                  I am really hoping that we are keeping things under tabs till the playoff start.
                  ZC obviously has to play better. We need to stick to the run more and we need our receivers to catch the ball and not be scared to get hit.

Comment

Originally posted by Bioben View Post
                    I am not afraid of Winnipeg. I am afraid of injuries, interceptions and fumbles.
                    YES

Comment

• Originally posted by Rock Preston #1 View Post

Do you think it is realistic that Reilly may come here? I know that he and Jones are close.

Comment

• Originally posted by RAJ47 View Post
                        I am really hoping that we are keeping things under tabs till the playoff start.
                        ZC obviously has to play better. We need to stick to the run more and we need our receivers to catch the ball and not be scared to get hit.
                        I'd counter that by saying we need more success running the ball. The OC won't stick with the run all game (nor should he) if it continually puts us in 2nd and long all game. In games where the run is producing we have stuck with it quite well

Comment

Do you think it is realistic that Reilly may come here? I know that he and Jones are close.
                          I don't. If he moves he's going to BC would be my bet.

Lulay is not coming here.

Mitchell is not coming here.

Harris may be a bit of an unknown but I bet he isn't coming here.

If Toronto moves on from Popp and Trestman their new guy likely goes with Franklin.

So that leaves Collaros, Jennings or Pipkin. I could actually see Jones going after Jennings.
                          Rider QB Scrappin in Full Swing

Comment

• Originally posted by Bingo_Arms View Post

Reilly would be my number one choice as well. You and I are in agreement there. Given that we gave Zach $430k and still fielded a competitive team, I’d be fine going as high as $500k to entice Reilly. Unfortunately I see it as a long shot, I see BC or EDM being his first choice and both of them wanting him back.

My feeling, and I could be wrong, is that it’ll be Zach again under (hopefully) a hefty pay cut. I wouldn’t pay him any more than $300k. And in that scenario, as bad as Zach is, at least we would have an additional $130k to re-sign key players or lure some free agents over.
                            What is Reilly making now? I am guessing he will be asking for more than 500K

Comment

• Originally posted by Itzgodzilla View Post

We saw 2 games of flashes of what we could do with Collaros. I'd say he is by far less of an issue as some make it out to be, we need continuity with QB and receivers. Young guys are awesome to have, but too many can really make for a turbulent ride, as we are seeing with our season.

I would re-sign Collaros, but it would be for 330K base with 100K performance bonuses.... maybe even dropping to 250K guaranteed and 100-170K of bonuses. You get 25+ Td's on the season, with a 2:1 td to Int average, and go to the Grey cup, you can be worth the 430k, if not, you are 250K-300k.
                              He is the biggest issue we have.

Comment

What is Reilly making now? I am guessing he will be asking for more than 500K
                                Pay him $500k or more and there will have to be sacrifices on defence starting withe Hughes and/or Jefferson.
                                Rider QB Scrappin in Full Swing

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X