Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Riders get Philip Blake and Patrick Lavoie from Als

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Love the additions of the quality Canadians to our roster.

Comment

• Originally posted by mfranc View Post

Man are you out to lunch. Shocker.
      Really? JSJ isn't a bust at this point and likely to not be re-signed in the offseason? Blake isn't expensive? Blake isn't a good depth piece? Lavoie isn't better than Moore on offence? Please tell me where exactly my post was out to lunch.

Comment

• Originally posted by IMWT View Post

Really? JSJ isn't a bust at this point and likely to not be re-signed in the offseason? Blake isn't expensive? Blake isn't a good depth piece? Lavoie isn't better than Moore on offence? Please tell me where exactly my post was out to lunch.
        #1 despite popular opinion JSJ, although underachieving, is not yet a “bust” in the sense of a Faith Ekatite(spelling?) or that other dude the Bombers gave up a first rounder for who retired (Wagoneer). JSJ could be kept around and could become a player. Some guys take longer to develop.

#2 Lavoie isn’t an improvement over Moore; he’’s a complimentary addition as they have differing strengths with one being more of a weapon and the other a blocker and teams guy.

The only thing you were right about was that they were solid additions.

Comment

• Lavoie could end up being a rental. He's spent his whole career playing near home in Montreal or Ottawa. Maybe he'll like it here and stay, but we're only guaranteed to have him as a rental.

Comment

• Should give MacAdoo some options when going double tightend set using Moore and Lavio , two big guys who can also catch the odd pass here and there.

Comment

• Originally posted by mfranc View Post

#1 despite popular opinion JSJ, although underachieving, is not yet a “bust” in the sense of a Faith Ekatite(spelling?) or that other dude the Bombers gave up a first rounder for who retired (Wagoneer). JSJ could be kept around and could become a player. Some guys take longer to develop.

#2 Lavoie isn’t an improvement over Moore; he’’s a complimentary addition as they have differing strengths with one being more of a weapon and the other a blocker and teams guy.

The only thing you were right about was that they were solid additions.
              Lavoie is a better receiver than Moore, but I doubt his blocking is better ....

Comment

• Originally posted by RDavidson View Post

If you 6 game Clark or another OLine, then it should be a wash in $.
                When do we pass the time in schedule where you can bo longer add to the 6 game ? Or does such a time exist?

Comment

• Originally posted by danno View Post

Exactly. Both guys will have a big role.

Comment

• Originally posted by VoR View Post

When do we pass the time in schedule where you can bo longer add to the 6 game ? Or does such a time exist?
                    6 game can be used at anytime I believe. Although not sure how the treatment of the process happens when we are late in the season. I guess as long as the player doesn't play in the playoffs then you could argue that the SMS should be excluded for the player.

Comment

6 game can be used at anytime I believe. Although not sure how the treatment of the process happens when we are late in the season. I guess as long as the player doesn't play in the playoffs then you could argue that the SMS should be excluded for the player.
                      already passed I think - ie you cannot really put a player on the 6 game and exempt his salary - if there are only 3 games left - I am pretty sure playoffs are not considered

its a good question I will try to remember to ask about it

Comment

• Originally posted by danno View Post

Lavoie has had much more CFL receiving opportunity than Moore if that means much; but IMO Lavoie dropped too many with Ottawa; Lavoie is however a smart player who can block and play special teams well - he might be as good or better than Moore at both there. I guess they could dress both for the game day roster, but if it came down to one or the other - not sure who it would be ?

Comment

• Originally posted by CC Ryder View Post

Lavoie has had much more CFL receiving opportunity than Moore if that means much; but IMO Lavoie dropped too many with Ottawa; Lavoie is however a smart player who can block and play special teams well - he might be as good or better than Moore at both there. I guess they could dress both for the game day roster, but if it came down to one or the other - not sure who it would be ?
                          I would think Lavio would first of all have to ( be better than ) replace an existing special teams guy to make the line up at all ?? then it would be MacAdoo's " creativity " that would use him in a game situation to be beneficial to a struggling Offense that would make any possible difference . one would think .

Comment

• What I like about Lavoie is his ability to move and find open space as an outlet on busted plays

Comment

• Originally posted by Rotor View Post

already passed I think - ie you cannot really put a player on the 6 game and exempt his salary - if there are only 3 games left - I am pretty sure playoffs are not considered

its a good question I will try to remember to ask about it
                              I am curious if you have a kid with a broken leg that is obviouly going to be gone for months, does he get 6 gamed, or does he get 1-gamed every game until the end of the season?

Comment

I am curious if you have a kid with a broken leg that is obviouly going to be gone for months, does he get 6 gamed, or does he get 1-gamed every game until the end of the season?
                                I think the mechanics are you 6 game him - but he just won't be exempt - but I will ask some detailed questions

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X