Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poll: Are the Riders headed in the right direction as an organization?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imo, Calgaryís biggest weakness at the moment is at receivers, due to injuries, and their offense has suffered as a result.

The D is still very strong, and much like ours, is well coached, has playmakers forces turovers.

Comment

• So further to this poll, which players in the CJ era do you really like regarding the next few years for the Riders? We have a lot of talented young players and that's likely a reason why the poll was overwhelmingly positive.

Recent finds I'll single out are Antigha, Bladek, Cofield, Eguavoen, Elam, Shaq Evans (inconsistent but improving), Geter, Judge, Lauther, Marshall, Moncrief, Kyran Moore, Purifoy (an add from another team but a very good player), K D Cannon (look out for him), Williams-Lambert, Christion Jones, Dakoda Shepley.

Pretty dang good, eh?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rider_Stronson View Post
        So further to this poll, which players in the CJ era do you really like regarding the next few years for the Riders? We have a lot of talented young players and that's likely a reason why the poll was overwhelmingly positive.

Recent finds I'll single out are Antigha, Bladek, Cofield, Eguavoen, Elam, Shaq Evans (inconsistent but improving), Geter, Judge, Lauther, Marshall, Moncrief, Kyran Moore, Purifoy (an add from another team but a very good player), K D Cannon (look out for him), Williams-Lambert, Christion Jones, Dakoda Shepley.

Pretty dang good, eh?
        Numerous good players although I don't imagine Christion Jones is around much longer, great player but far too injury prone.
        Nothing like a whole off season to choke on cram sammiches!

Comment

So further to this poll, which players in the CJ era do you really like regarding the next few years for the Riders? We have a lot of talented young players and that's likely a reason why the poll was overwhelmingly positive.

Pretty dang good, eh?
          All of the guys you listed are good. If I had to scale it down to my three favourite additions / recruits it would be Derek Moncrief, Nick Marshall and Jordan Willims-Lambert. Hard to choose just three but those would be mine, those are players you can build around IMO.

Now, just to finally land a capable, upper tier QB at some point.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bingo_Arms View Post

All of the guys you listed are good. If I had to scale it down to my three favourite additions / recruits it would be Derek Moncrief, Nick Marshall and Jordan Willims-Lambert. Hard to choose just three but those would be mine, those are players you can build around IMO.

Everyone used to laugh about Jeremiah Masoli. But he now has the right coaching and just as importantly, the right scheme with the run 'n shoot. He went from being made fun of to likely the Eastern MOP this year.

Comment

• Scrap heapin' a low kilometres Thigpen worked out well too.
              Nothing like a whole off season to choke on cram sammiches!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mallard View Post
                Scrap heapin' a low kilometres Thigpen worked out well too.
                I could put obvious guys on that list too like Wiliie J and Thiggy but stuck more with the young guys.

Comment

As we all know QB's don't grow on trees.
                  However this offseason could provide to be very interesting with the # of free agents available. WE could be seeing quite the QB carousel......

Comment

Everyone used to laugh about Jeremiah Masoli. But he now has the right coaching and just as importantly, the right scheme with the run 'n shoot. He went from being made fun of to likely the Eastern MOP this year.
                    Iíll eat crow on Masoli. He looks outstanding.

Comment

Iíll eat crow on Masoli. He looks outstanding.
                      Somewhere in Hamilton there are fans with #2 jerseys who still disagree

Comment

• you know, I don't really understand why so many people are against Chris Jones?

He's trying his hardest to build a winning football team with what he's got available to him. He stays focused, doesn't stab anyone in the back, doesn't talk down about any players, doesn't call anyone out.

he does whatever it takes to win.

even if that means cutting some vets that are over the hill.

he clearly knows what he's doing, it's not like you can go and find some star QB out of nowhere, magically hiding in the field and he makes your team a winner the very next game.

any football guy who knows something about this sport realizes that you have to groom your QB into a bonafide starter. very few can just come into the league and be a star right away.

I think most of the people who are so much against Chris Jones are those who are just passionate fans but not the most knowledgeable.

they wanted to see our aging stars remain, despite likely being a detriment to the roster.

plus Jones needed to have a better grasp of the Salary Cap so that he could have the ability to sign people, not be restricted due to all these high salaried players.

I have been a supporter of Jones from the start and I have never wavered from that support.

Alberta boy, Rider fan

Comment

• Originally posted by Smeelmyfuut View Post
                          you know, I don't really understand why so many people are against Chris Jones?

He's trying his hardest to build a winning football team with what he's got available to him. He stays focused, doesn't stab anyone in the back, doesn't talk down about any players, doesn't call anyone out.

he does whatever it takes to win.

even if that means cutting some vets that are over the hill.

he clearly knows what he's doing, it's not like you can go and find some star QB out of nowhere, magically hiding in the field and he makes your team a winner the very next game.

any football guy who knows something about this sport realizes that you have to groom your QB into a bonafide starter. very few can just come into the league and be a star right away.

I think most of the people who are so much against Chris Jones are those who are just passionate fans but not the most knowledgeable.

they wanted to see our aging stars remain, despite likely being a detriment to the roster.

plus Jones needed to have a better grasp of the Salary Cap so that he could have the ability to sign people, not be restricted due to all these high salaried players.

I have been a supporter of Jones from the start and I have never wavered from that support.
                          A free agent QB named Trevor Harris was available right at the beginning of Jones' tenure with the team. Harris won 9 games as a starter the previous season. Jones passed on him, and three years later, we're still looking for a franchise QB.

Jones has done a lot of good things, but he's made a lot of moves worthy of legitimate criticism. Let's not pretend he walks on water, and lets not throw out the simplistic argument that people can't get over their favourite player being cut.

Don Mathews' signature move upon taking over a new team, was to cut an aging vet(s). Richie Hall. Eddie Lowe. He also brought in players who were cheaper/faster/better than those he cut. No one could argue with the results.

Vets get cut all the time. They also retire, and/or suffer season-ending injuries. Under Jones, the next man up, has not always been better than the vet he replaced. That's what p!sses people off.

Comment

• yea I see some people either not coming back next year or being cut and them going younger in a few places.
                            Alberta boy, Rider fan

Comment

• Originally posted by TorontoVsEverybody View Post

A free agent QB named Trevor Harris was available right at the beginning of Jones' tenure with the team. Harris won 9 games as a starter the previous season. Jones passed on him, and three years later, we're still looking for a franchise QB.

Jones has done a lot of good things, but he's made a lot of moves worthy of legitimate criticism. Let's not pretend he walks on water, and lets not throw out the simplistic argument that people can't get over their favourite player being cut.

Don Mathews' signature move upon taking over a new team, was to cut an aging vet(s). Richie Hall. Eddie Lowe. He also brought in players who were cheaper/faster/better than those he cut. No one could argue with the results.

Vets get cut all the time. They also retire, and/or suffer season-ending injuries. Under Jones, the next man up, has not always been better than the vet he replaced. That's what p!sses people off.
                              First of all Ottawa signed him day 1 of free agency which would indicate he (Harris) knew where he wanted to be. Secondly you don't know if Jones passed on him or there was no interest expressed by the Riders. Third of all Durant was still under contract and during that time some of us did mention Harris and it was met with skepticism and Harris is a hobo.
                              Rider QB Scrappin in Full Swing

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigsexydawg View Post

First of all Ottawa signed him day 1 of free agency which would indicate he (Harris) knew where he wanted to be. Secondly you don't know if Jones passed on him or there was no interest expressed by the Riders. Third of all Durant was still under contract and during that time some of us did mention Harris and it was met with skepticism and Harris is a hobo.
                                If I'm a first-time GM, I'm hedging my bets by bringing in a legit QB to compete with my starter (who hadn't played in 18 months). Harris won 9 games as a starter - hobos are incapable of that.

Harris went to Ottawa to backup Burris. I have to believe we could have landed him here, if we made the right deal. Money talks and Saskatchewan has no end of resources available.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X