Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Riders bidding for 2020 Grey Cup

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Hamilton approach to bidding for the Grey Cup is very interesting. They don't have an engineering study to determine how or how many additional seats can be added and it appears that Hamilton city council isn't on board yet either. The expression "cart before the horse" springs to mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by Magnum View Post
      Looks like no decision on the Grey Cup yet.

Just wow
      #keepthepromise

Everybody knows you never go full Gary.

Comment

• Ambrosie wants Hamilton to be the host in 2020. His rationale to extending the deadline for awarding the Grey Cup to give more time for the bidders to refine their proposals is a joke - it is purely to give Hamilton as much time as they need to have even a sub par bid to have it in 2020. I used to be a big fan of Ambrosie but no more - he seems to be intent on making the CFL more like the AAF - i.e. all salaries the same, all teams to be under the rule of the CFL commissioner rather then each team having autonomy, et cetera. Ambrosie is making certain that each team is a mirror of the other and taking away any competitive administrative, coaching, scouting and management advantage.

Comment

• Originally posted by rantymniuk View Post
          Ambrosie wants Hamilton to be the host in 2020. His rationale to extending the deadline for awarding the Grey Cup to give more time for the bidders to refine their proposals is a joke - it is purely to give Hamilton as much time as they need to have even a sub par bid to have it in 2020. I used to be a big fan of Ambrosie but no more - he seems to be intent on making the CFL more like the AAF - i.e. all salaries the same, all teams to be under the rule of the CFL commissioner rather then each team having autonomy, et cetera. Ambrosie is making certain that each team is a mirror of the other and taking away any competitive administrative, coaching, scouting and management advantage.
          Ambrosie can do nothing without the support of the owners.

Comment

Ambrosie wants Hamilton to be the host in 2020. His rationale to extending the deadline for awarding the Grey Cup to give more time for the bidders to refine their proposals is a joke - it is purely to give Hamilton as much time as they need to have even a sub par bid to have it in 2020. I used to be a big fan of Ambrosie but no more - he seems to be intent on making the CFL more like the AAF - i.e. all salaries the same, all teams to be under the rule of the CFL commissioner rather then each team having autonomy, et cetera. Ambrosie is making certain that each team is a mirror of the other and taking away any competitive administrative, coaching, scouting and management advantage.
            I Think giving Hamilton a bit of a window is probably a good thing. They are overdue. The fact the city council says it is not the public's business is a joke. I am not a fan of the new cap, but that is not what he is doing, and it was pushed forward initially by 3 ownership groups. 6 or 7 clubs approved it, not the commissioner. Trying to mirror teams is a good thing to a certain degree, because their are clubs that are struggling. The way in which they are being mirrored is perhaps not the best.
            #keepthepromise

Comment

If I were the riders I would just pull out of the 20 bidding and say screw you Ambrosie and then watch him scramble and beg when the Hamilton bid falls on its face!

Comment

• Originally posted by lerriuqs View Post

Ambrosie can do nothing without the support of the owners.
                There goes a senior member of the site weighing in the facts and the logic again. Congrats.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ike View Post

If I were the riders I would just pull out of the 20 bidding and say screw you Ambrosie and then watch him scramble and beg when the Hamilton bid falls on its face!
                  This is a good point. Could land it on the cheap if nobody else is in. This happened to BC years ago when a host city pulled out and they were the only ones who stepped up on shorter notice
                  #keepthepromise

Comment

• Originally posted by Guillermo View Post
                    The Hamilton approach to bidding for the Grey Cup is very interesting. They don't have an engineering study to determine how or how many additional seats can be added and it appears that Hamilton city council isn't on board yet either. The expression "cart before the horse" springs to mind.
                    It is time for Hamilton to realize they will not have a bid ready in time for 2020. Maybe get their crap together and shoot for 2021.

Comment

• How does todays announcment effect the Riders with this?

Comment

How does todays announcment effect the Riders with this?
                        Hopefully not in the least.

Comment

• Originally posted by squish View Post

Hopefully not in the least.
                          Just figuring that the Riders bidding on the Cup for 2020 was predicated that the team would be a contender, maybe even defending champion. The Riders getting the cup with a team that could have a whole new staff in 2020, if 2019 tanks, might not turn out too good.

There is tons of pressure for teams to be in the Grey Cup they host and not sure if its a good idea at this time for the Riders.

Comment

Just figuring that the Riders bidding on the Cup for 2020 was predicated that the team would be a contender, maybe even defending champion. The Riders getting the cup with a team that could have a whole new staff in 2020, if 2019 tanks, might not turn out too good.

There is tons of pressure for teams to be in the Grey Cup they host and not sure if its a good idea at this time for the Riders.
                            We'll find a new DC eventually. Thats really the main thing we lost. AS a HC and GM, Chris Jones is very replaceable.

2019 was and still is looking a little rough with or without Chris Jones though.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X