Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Riders bidding for 2020 Grey Cup

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Riders bidding for 2020 Grey Cup

Announced on Sportscage

Fantastic

Comment

Sweet ! You’d think they would want Chris Jones steering the ship right through 2020 , so signing him long term is a must

Comment

The stadium plan for Grey Cup will nearly enclose entire south side. Temp seats built on Pil Country and then a 2nd level behind Pil Country. I believe capacity is around the 44,000 mark but can't recall off the top of my head. Riders and their Grey Cup committee have been working on this for a while. I believe the Bombers are also putting in a bid but there's rumours they may withdraw after hearing they're up against the SRFC (no sarcasm).

Comment

I hope the Riders get it!

Comment

We will get it...it's the riders we are a pretty big draw

Comment

well looks like my first 3 peat Grey Cup!
              Alberta boy, Rider fan

Comment

Originally posted by Unityriderguy View Post
                Sweet ! You’d think they would want Chris Jones steering the ship right through 2020 , so signing him long term is a must
                Go "All In" for 2020, suck in 2021, and fire him in 2022?

Lather, rinse, repeat.
                Is it May yet?

Comment

We will get it.

Comment

Originally posted by whiskey View Post
                    We will get it.
                    It will also coincide with our 110th Anniversary. It should be a fun year leading up to the big game.

Comment

Originally posted by juice View Post

Lather, rinse, repeat.
                      I didn’t say go all in

Comment

Originally posted by juice View Post

Lather, rinse, repeat.
                        This is the only negative possibility, Yes it's great to get the game and yes it's good for the city, but the pressure of having to be in it at home makes for some possible bad decisions. I know CJ would try to avoid this trap but realistically the temptation would be pretty darn hard to avoid. I can imagine it also wouldn't hurt his chances if he wanted to move to the NFL if his team hosts and wins it all. Now perhaps he has no such aspirations but if he does this would be a nice feather in the cap.

I would love that Regina got the GC but I don't want to see another fiasco like what happened after the last one. I wouldn't be upset to go a tad over board and win it and maybe have to put up with a mediocre following season but I just don't want another total strip down and start from scratch taking another 3-4 years to be near the top again. I would want at the very least to be fighting for the top 3 spots 2 years after and only if we win it all in 2020. I realize even going "all in" is no guarantee that your going to win it and that is why I hope we avoid that route.

Comment

Originally posted by Unityriderguy View Post
                          As a coach will he be able to convince his GM to go all in for a run on the Grey Cup in 2020 then blow up the team and start another rebuild?
                          Press here to reset

Comment

Originally posted by Pull my Finger View Post

As a coach will he be able to convince his GM to go all in for a run on the Grey Cup in 2020 then blow up the team and start another rebuild?
                            Maybe if he buys him a few drinks.
                            Is it May yet?

Comment

Im pumped, cant see anyone winning this bid over us

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X