Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Darian Durant entertains possibility of a comeback

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darian Durant entertains possibility of a comeback

https://leaderpost.com/sports/footba...mosaic-stadium

Oh boy, get the popcorn out

Comment

Originally posted by CalgaryRiderFan View Post
      No kidding!
      ZC gets another chance to feed cram sammiches!

Comment

Originally posted by CalgaryRiderFan View Post
        Click image for larger version

Name:	7522081_orig.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	309997

Comment

Nice praise for Jone's defense and good advice for Zach.

Q: What do you think of the 2018 edition of the Riders?

A: Chris Jones has that defence playing at an incredibly high level, Craig Dickenson has the special teams playing good football, and the offence is just solid. They arenít hurting the team and (quarterback) Zach Collaros is getting a couple of first downs on each possession to switch the field position. Theyíre doing their job. This is a defensively built team and thatís how they are playing. Thatís Chris Jonesí mentality and heís doing a great job.

Q: What advice would you give Collaros with the Riders on a four-game winning streak?

A: Donít get away from what got you in this position. Donít feel that because youíre only throwing for 200 yards and a touchdown that you have to throw for 300 yards and four touchdowns for your team to win. Keep doing what youíre doing, know your role, and donít get out of character. That defence will always keep those guys in the game. They will get turnovers and they will score on defence.

Comment

Oh boy. I canít wait til this hits all the FB pages. It will be a ďFire Collaros and JonesĒ redux for a week. My popcorn is ready.

Comment

Nice to see him walk back his post-trade comments on Jones a bit, and acknowledge that the team is in a good position. I will always love DD for what he did in his time here, but the idea of him coming back is only slightly less laughable than the idea of Kerry Joseph coming back in 2014.

Comment

Darian, we will always love you and know that you feel the itch, but do not do it. You did it and your time is over. Support the Riders as you best can. We will always love you for what you did and your positive support now.

Comment

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
                  What about Kevin Glenn when you see the following statement?

"That made me bitter when you see these receivers and the team that he put together and the only thing missing was a quarterback." - Darian Durant.

Actually, KG had a very good season, especially before he hurt his hand in the Banjo Bowl. Ended up with a QB rating of 100. Something Darian has never accomplished his entire career (2015 doesn't count with only 18 pass attempts before he blew out his achilles).

We went to the Eastern Final with KG. Admittedly, that's when KG stunk the joint out and had to be replaced by Bridge.

Comment

Two things I took away is him willing to comeback and the one below.
                    Hope some players like him setup a program for these professionals to invest rather than blow all their money away when young.

Q: What are you doing to fill your time in your first season without football?

A: Iím a full-time father. You have to have a steady income and I was fortunate that I made a lot of money when I was playing and I made some great investments. I was never a flashy guy who bought cars or anything. I invested my money well when I was playing and itís starting to benefit me now.

Comment

Hey DD, I know you feel better now since you arenít practicing at a pro ball level and taking hits every week, but donít Uncle Rico yourself. Yeah, itís a drag to be home with the wife and kid all day every day but you have other options to get out of the house. Be well my man.
                      Last edited by Rick Blaine; 09-12-2018, 07:12 AM.

Comment

Pretty solid words from him really. Pretty much nailed the second part.
                        #keepthepromise

Onward with escaping the hopeless fantasy of an artificial freedom and darkened picket fences the disillusioned front of friendly foes

Comment

The Meltdown from Bomber fans if he were to sign in Saskatchewan in February next year would be amazing...

In an unrelated note... Chris Jones - do not offer him a signing bonus

Comment

It was pretty much the formula we were following in 2014 before he got hurt

Comment

Originally posted by safimod View Post
                              The Meltdown from Bomber fans if he were to sign in Saskatchewan in February next year would be amazing...

In an unrelated note... Chris Jones - do not offer him a signing bonus
                              The Riders offered some upfront money but not even close to what he was demanding.

Rider QB Scrappin in Full Swing

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X