Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Duron Carter released by Riders - signs with Argos

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lester View Post

He lacks the focus on a down to down basis to ever lead the league over a season. Burnham will have way better numbers.
    ^^^^^^^^^

This; Carter doesn't have good enough hands or enough smarts to be a key, main #1 receiver for any team's receiving corps; IF he could get his head screwed on right and check his big ego at the locker room door, he could be a dangerous, big play receiver - catch radius, circus catch ability - who can produce lots of big plays or deep gainers - more like a #3 receiver at best in terms of numbers of targets, unless you want a lot of dropped passes/misses. We shall see how Mr. Ed & Claybrooks try to deploy him.

Comment

• Originally posted by lester View Post

He lacks the focus on a down to down basis to ever lead the league over a season. Burnham will have way better numbers.
      I'm from Missouri on Carter. He needs to prove himself to me.......a lot. Certainly his presence on the field should open things up for Burnham. The one thing that gives me hope for positive results is the simple fact he's never enjoyed working with the quality of QB he will get in BC with Mike Reilly at the controls.

Going back to his rookie year his first QB was Tanner Marsh who coincidentally got his 1st start in Carter's debut game. AC's career was ended due to a concussion the week before Carter's 1st game. Up until this season his starting QBs were Tanner Marsh, Josh Nieswander, Troy Smith, Jonathan Crompton, Alex Brink, Rakeem Cato, Kevin Glenn, Brandon Bridge. McLeod Bethel-Thompson and James Franklin.

While I'm not yet sold on Carter I am optimistic that finally getting to work with a legit superstar CFL QB will lead to him finding a new level of play.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X