Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Duron Carter released by Riders - signs with Argos

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duron had to make a decision of being a professional athlete or a chronic pot-head...and the pot won.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dreegking View Post

Can the CFL STILL SUSPEND PLaYERS FOR MARjuana?
      Probably will come up in the CBA but I am guessing it will remain a banned substance.

Comment

• Originally posted by greenale View Post

Probably will come up in the CBA but I am guessing it will remain a banned substance.
        I donít think it currently is

Comment

• Originally posted by Murphy View Post

I donít think it currently is

The CFL currently doesnít test for marijuana, but the Canadian Centre for Ethics in Sports (CCES) does. Under their guidelines, marijuana is a banned substance and ďAthletes subject to the Canadian Anti-Doping Program (CADP) must be aware that (legalization) does not affect the status of cannabis in sport. Cannabis continues to be a prohibited substance and a positive test can still result in a sanction.Ē

https://www.sportsnet.ca/football/cf...ion-means-cfl/

Comment

• For the good of the CFL, Carter needs to disappear. His whole persona is bad for this league.
            Alberta boy, Rider fan

Comment

• Originally posted by THE RULK View Post

Who would be the steady cerebreal Don Maclean to his rambunctious, rambling and rude Don Cherry?
              Bob & Doug McKenzie ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dreegking View Post

Ha

is Queen Charlotte Islands legal too. I heard Carter enjoys mushroom soup.

Can the CFL STILL SUSPEND PLaYERS FOR MARjuana?
                What do mean by still? It has never been on the banned substance list. CFL's general disregard towards it has been very well celebrated. Not that it is legal, I can't see it changing.
                #keepthepromise

Everybody knows you never go full Gary.

Comment

• Originally posted by Smeelmyfuut View Post
                  For the good of the CFL, Carter needs to disappear. His whole persona is bad for this league.
                  What? Please explain how/why Carter's persona is bad for the league. What is his persona?

Comment

• Originally posted by mixer View Post

What? Please explain how/why Carter's persona is bad for the league. What is his persona?
                    I suspect Carter's perceived persona right now is a spoiled pot-head brat that doesn't play well with others or properly respond to authority.
                    Nothing like a whole off season to choke on cram sammiches!

Comment

• This thread is related to my last post about some reasons that Mike Reilly wouldn’t want to play for the Riders.

Look at all you clowns bashing Duron.

Duron was one of the best receivers we had. How was he a “cancer in the locker room?” Was he a cancer because he was pissed off that he had to play DB instead of a receiver position?

Imagine you go into work one day and your manager says “Hey Pete.. I know you were the best broker we had last year but we could really use you as a building operator this year. So get up to the mechanical room and take the PH levels of the boiler water. You’re a champ!”

Play for the Riders and you gonna get roasted. See Durant, Burris, Carter...

Comment

• I see we have another attention seeker who adds nothing and has done nothing but bash Rider fans and the stadium over the last 2 days.

Another Bomber fan who just wants to talk football I guess.
                        Rider QB Scrappin in Full Swing

Comment

• Carter is acting like a spoiled brat, feeling entitled, whiny. Like he saying he will retire if the CFL doesnt have a deal. Like he can persuade? He is replaceable.
                          Alberta boy, Rider fan

Comment

• I always thought Carter was a good fit in Saskatchewan.

Comment

• Originally posted by lyin' guy View Post
                              I always thought Carter was a good fit in Saskatchewan.
                              He was because fans loved him and he was great to the fans.

But fans donít have to deal with him day in and day out, the organization does and that is the problem. Young players were scared of him, others gravitated towards him and then all of a sudden their play and work ethic dropped off.

At the end there was maybe one or two guys left in his corner and one of them was Chris Jones. But it comes down to the tail doesnít wag the dog.
                              Rider QB Scrappin in Full Swing

Comment

• Originally posted by Smeelmyfuut View Post
                                Carter is acting like a spoiled brat, feeling entitled, whiny. Like he saying he will retire if the CFL doesnt have a deal. Like he can persuade? He is replaceable.
                                I don't think it was a threat with an intent is pushing negotiations at all.
                                #keepthepromise

Everybody knows you never go full Gary.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X