Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Duron Carter released by Riders - signs with Argos

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He made some crack about not wanting to "go to the minors" when someone mentioned AAF. I honestly think his only interest in football is the attention he gets and he's so good at it. He can market himself based on his ability which I guess goes back to the attention thing. I think he's a guy who's going to have to do his own thing all the time ie start-up etc cause he seems to not like doing anything ever by anyone else's rules.

Comment

• So much talent, so little self control.

Comment

• Originally posted by Polyphemus View Post
        So much talent, so little self control.

Next stop. XFL, if it actually gets off the ground. That dog and pony show is right up his alley. He could have carved out a decent NFL career if he could just fly right and keep his mouth shut. Dude has zero self awareness. Guess the apple doesn’t fall far, at least his old man had the NFL resume to back up his mouth.

Comment

• Duron Carter should go on Big Brother All Stars , he would get attention he craves

Comment

• Originally posted by Andy View Post

We all have worked with or know people who excelled at their jobs, but weren't passionate about it and sought out something new. Generally, we support those people in their decisions. I do at least...

I'm not saying this is necessarily the case with Duron, but it seems to me we tend to look at athletes who lack drive in a different light just because there are a hell of a lot of us who would love to have their abilities and potential.
            So true.

Comment

• He may be done in the CFL but I bet he would play in the AAFL or XFL

Comment

• Originally posted by Luther Selbo View Post

Next stop. XFL, if it actually gets off the ground. That dog and pony show is right up his alley. He could have carved out a decent NFL career if he could just fly right and keep his mouth shut. Dude has zero self awareness. Guess the apple doesn’t fall far, at least his old man had the NFL resume to back up his mouth.
                I don't think it is his mouth. I mean yes, the meltdown issue, but that has pretty much went away. It is practicing lazy. The old saying of practice like you play sadly held true with him. If the play was away from him as a run or quick hit to the other side then he took the play off and defences picked up on it. I've been told a big reason he was kept at DB for so long was that Jones could watch him closer for a while, but also because on D you do not know for sure where the play is going, so there is no taking a play off. He apparently practiced well there, and the hope was that the work ethic would continue. He was put back on O and immediately went to old habits and so was cut loose pretty fast.
                #keepthepromise

Everybody knows you never go full Gary.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mallard View Post

Two-names is 100 times better QB than Manzier, IMHO.
                  Pipkin was clearly & easily the better QB for the Als over Manzier (Mallard rules!) last season IMO; still bet on Manzier to be handed the starting job there next season (barring a trade?). The Als would be smart to have real tough TC competiton at QB next season with all of Manzier, Pipkin & Adams in the mix - all have excellent potential IMO. But with the trained seal running the circus there, who knows. Manzier might fetch huge rewards (1st rounder + 2 starter types?) in a trade from some CFL QB desperate team? - and then they could maybe roll with Pipkin & Adams (plus Keith Richard as clip-board holder / joint roller) ?

Comment

• TSN should think of adding Duron to their TV game panel - let him do a nice spliff just before air-time and let him rant; could his musings be any worse than what we get to hear out of Milt and Jimbo Cheesebarker types? Maybe a nice tie-in / add revenue opp to the new "shops" to open in the Great White North ?

Comment

• Duran can go to Kelowna and pick cherries.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dreegking View Post
                        Duran can go to Kelowna and pick cherries.
                        Or weed

one does not have to say the home hydroponics are for fresh tomatoes in the winter any more
                        #keepthepromise

Everybody knows you never go full Gary.

Comment

• Originally posted by CC Ryder View Post
                          TSN should think of adding Duron to their TV game panel - let him do a nice spliff just before air-time and let him rant; could his musings be any worse than what we get to hear out of Milt and Jimbo Cheesebarker types? Maybe a nice tie-in / add revenue opp to the new "shops" to open in the Great White North ?
                          Who would be the steady cerebreal Don Maclean to his rambunctious, rambling and rude Don Cherry?

Comment

• Originally posted by Beacon.x View Post

Or weed

one does not have to say the home hydroponics are for fresh tomatoes in the winter any more
                            Ha

is Queen Charlotte Islands legal too. I heard Carter enjoys mushroom soup.

Can the CFL STILL SUSPEND PLaYERS FOR MARjuana?

Comment

I don't think it is his mouth. I mean yes, the meltdown issue, but that has pretty much went away. It is practicing lazy. The old saying of practice like you play sadly held true with him. If the play was away from him as a run or quick hit to the other side then he took the play off and defences picked up on it. I've been told a big reason he was kept at DB for so long was that Jones could watch him closer for a while, but also because on D you do not know for sure where the play is going, so there is no taking a play off. He apparently practiced well there, and the hope was that the work ethic would continue. He was put back on O and immediately went to old habits and so was cut loose pretty fast.
                              This is nothing new to him though. Remember the funny looking Coffeyville QBs comments? Basically the Same thing you said only Duron was 18-19 at the time. It’s just the way he is, always was, and always will be. We at least got a few nice plays from him, but what a frustrating guy to have to deal with.

Comment

Watched him close up at BMO Field last season, body language indicated zero interest in the game.
                                If I were running a CFL franchise I wouldn’t give him a second thought.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X