Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Duron Carter released by Riders - signs with Argos

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by R.J View Post
    If it were the Owners the Argos would have Manziel.
    Two-names is 100 times better QB than Manzier, IMHO.
    Nothing like a whole off season to choke on cram sammiches!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mallard View Post

Two-names is 100 times better QB than Manzier, IMHO.
      Yeah, so far Thompson has performed better, but Thompson has been with the Argonauts since early last season, is about 4.5 years older, didn't sit out of football for over two years, and has a coach who built a system to protect the QB at all costs and to dink and dunk (Thompson has a lousy deep ball game; never mind his lead feet): game manager at best. Actually, I think what we're seeing now is Thompson's peak - Manziel on the other hand has 10x more raw talent and potential.

I guess people just like to hate on Manziel... I'll never understand why getting Manziel's last name correct is so difficult or do people just think it's funny ?

Comment

Yeah, so far Thompson has performed better, but Thompson has been with the Argonauts since early last season, is about 4.5 years older, didn't sit out of football for over two years, and has a coach who built a system to protect the QB at all costs and to dink and dunk (Thompson has a lousy deep ball game; never mind his lead feet): game manager at best. Actually, I think what we're seeing now is Thompson's peak - Manziel on the other hand has 10x more raw talent and potential.

I guess people just like to hate on Manziel... I'll never understand why getting Manziel's last name correct is so difficult or do people just think it's funny ?
        It's funny. Manzier... brazier. Like he's a girl... (insert best beavis and butthead chortle here.)

Get it?

Comment

Mallard is the king of bad cringe-worthy nicknames. I feel embarrassed for him sometimes.

Comment

• I donít even read mallardís posts

Comment

• Argosí Trestman doesnít believe Duron Carter is ready to be Ďheavily targetedí
              http://3downnation.com/2018/09/24/ar...vily-targeted/

Maybe he'll be ready next season ?
              This whole thing makes zero sense. Trestman clearly doesn't want him, and yet Popp signed him.

Comment

Argosí Trestman doesnít believe Duron Carter is ready to be Ďheavily targetedí
                http://3downnation.com/2018/09/24/ar...vily-targeted/

Maybe he'll be ready next season ?
                This whole thing makes zero sense. Trestman clearly doesn't want him, and yet Popp signed him.
                In what world are the Argo's making the playoffs anyway. Trestman might have used him if they were headed to playoffs to help. Not much sense now worrying about it

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Mcintosh View Post
                    I donít even read mallardís posts
                    That makes two of us. It saves aggravation.
                    Waiting for the big ole splash...

Comment

• Originally posted by Giventofly View Post
                      Seems rather irrational. Or is this an excuse in case everyone shys away from him? He knows a deal in the next month is unlikely, and after some woes trying to land a job post release, he can spin it as his decision if he doesn't get an offer he likes
                      #keepthepromise

Everybody knows you never go full Gary.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beacon.x View Post

Seems rather irrational. Or is this an excuse in case everyone shys away from him? He knows a deal in the next month is unlikely, and after some woes trying to land a job post release, he can spin it as his decision if he doesn't get an offer he likes
                        Other fish to fry and maybe good for him.On Sportscage this week,Rod P tried to set up an interview, to which Duron agreed by text, and apparently bailed.

Comment

• I'm sure he's one of those guys that just slides seamlessly into post football life.

Comment

• Originally posted by FiftyYardFistFight View Post
                            I'm sure he's one of those guys that just slides seamlessly into post football life.
                            Wonder what is real world career will be....

Comment

• Originally posted by steve w View Post

Comment

• Originally posted by steve w View Post

Live in daddy's basement, smoke dope & pretend to be a musician?
                                Nothing like a whole off season to choke on cram sammiches!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X