Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dakoda Shepley watch

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dakoda Shepley watch

Anybody watch the Jets Falcons game to notice if Shepley played? I watched the highlights and they only showed Dozier at LG, where Shepley is listed as #2. Dozier is listed on their depth chart at #2 RG.

I checked his twitter account and there's nothing mentioned about the game, yet.

Comment

Not that depth charts mean a whole lot this early but if Shepley is listed at #2 you might as shut the watch down and fire it up the watch next August. Us BC fans have a Boyko watch that is now 3 years old and he's never been higher than #3 on a depth chart. Boyko is now listed as ACTIVE/NFI. It's kind of like being on the PUP list except NFI stands for non-football injury which could also include an injury sustained in college.

When one is trying to track guys like Shepley who don't accumulate stats a good way to do it is to try and find the Gamebook PDF file for the game on NFL.com. It will list the starters and then list substitutions and guys who didn't play. If Shepley's name shows up in substitutions then you know he played.
      Last edited by Hambone; 08-11-2018, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenforever View Post
        Anybody watch the Jets Falcons game to notice if Shepley played? I watched the highlights and they only showed Dozier at LG, where Shepley is listed as #2. Dozier is listed on their depth chart at #2 RG.
        He didn't get a snap.

Comment

Originally posted by Rider_Stronson View Post

He didn't get a snap.
          Not sure he will either, but I think it is still long on him being released in 2018
          #keepthepromise

Onward with escaping the hopeless fantasy of an artificial freedom and darkened picket fences the disillusioned front of friendly foes

Comment

Originally posted by Hambone View Post
            Not that depth charts mean a whole lot this early but if Shepley is listed at #2 you might as shut the watch down and fire it up the watch next August. Us BC fans have a Boyko watch that is now 3 years old and he's never been higher than #3 on a depth chart. Boyko is now listed as ACTIVE/NFI. It's kind of like being on the PUP list except NFI stands for non-football injury which could also include an injury sustained in college.

When one is trying to track guys like Shepley who don't accumulate stats a good way to do it is to try and find the Gamebook PDF file for the game on NFL.com. It will list the starters and then list substitutions and guys who didn't play. If Shepley's name shows up in substitutions then you know he played.
            Good stuff. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Beacon.x View Post

Not sure he will either, but I think it is still long on him being released in 2018
              When an NFL team signs CIS guys like Shepley they don't do it with the expectation they can step in right away. They see them as raw talents or projects they will have to be patient with. Shepley doesn't have to stun them. He only has to show that he really does have the raw talent that can be moulded into a decent player a year or two down the road. The Jets will keep him unless he goes out and gives them the sense they are wasting their time investing PR development time.

Comment

I may be mistaken but at approximately 8 pm I tuned into the Jets game just in time to see Shapely on the field standing around with other olineman helping up their sacked qb
                Rider QB Scrappin in Full Swing

Comment

Originally posted by Bigsexydawg View Post
                  I may be mistaken but at approximately 8 pm I tuned into the Jets game just in time to see Shapely on the field standing around with other olineman helping up their sacked qb
                  Nope. He never saw the field until a FG attempt on ST's with less than 2 minutes left. That's the only play he got.

He got ZERO snaps last week.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigsexydawg View Post
                    What channel was that on? I only got as far as the Philly/NE game.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyree View Post

What channel was that on? I only got as far as the Philly/NE game.
                      TSN.

Comment

Originally posted by Rider_Stronson View Post

Nope. He never saw the field until a FG attempt on ST's with less than 2 minutes left. That's the only play he got.

He got ZERO snaps last week.
                        this is what's pathetic about the NFL. how does anyone new get any decent chance if they barely see the field?
                        Alberta boy, Rider fan

Comment

Originally posted by Smeelmyfuut View Post

this is what's pathetic about the NFL. how does anyone new get any decent chance if they barely see the field?
                          The NFL was already known for developing players for a couple of years, and now has more roster spots to do it with. I am not sure how that is a bad thing.
                          #keepthepromise

Onward with escaping the hopeless fantasy of an artificial freedom and darkened picket fences the disillusioned front of friendly foes

Comment

I didn't see the 2nd quarter and the first part of the third so wasn't sure I missed him with the 2's or not. I thought I read here he was 2nd on the depth chart? Hard to tell what this means. They want to keep him around long term and preferred to look at other guys or they aren't as interested.

Comment

Well this Shepley thing has been fun, but if it doesnít turn out it just adds to the LONG list of total failures the Riders have enjoyed in the draft... really it is pathetic. Off the top of my mind, we have Shepley (NFL but jury is still way out and could be great), Judge (???? Heís starting to contribute), JSJ (wasted 1st overall), Demski (plays for another team now and was marginally ok), Ainsworth?, Watman? Thatís a painful list. Gotta pick a sure thing with that pick, and Iím not saying thatís easy, but that is a list of real fails... sad.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X