Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CFL/CFLPA Collective Agreement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by R.J View Post

Tbh, I was kind of hoping the players would hold out a little longer for a better deal, but not surprised that they didn't.
    I suppose we’ll find out soon what kind of deal they managed to secure.

Comment

• Originally posted by Clambake View Post
      Any news on the ratio?
      https://www.cfl.ca/2019/05/15/cfl-cf...ement-new-cba/

TORONTO — The CFL and CFLPA have reached a tentative agreement on a new collective bargaining agreement, subject to ratification by the players and approval of the league’s Board of Governors.

The CFL will have no further comment until those steps have been completed.

Comment

• Originally posted by steve w View Post
        hope the needed vote doesn't mean the deal can crater!
        The vote by the membership is a requirement. The bargaining unit can't unilaterally agree on behalf of its membership. Same goes for the leagues negotiating team - it still has to be approved by the BoG. The CFLPA will likely recommend that they accept the deal. It could get voted down, but unlikely. Usually a deal only gets voted down by the membership when the owners force the bargaining unit to take a deal to their membership.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bingo_Arms View Post
          Wow, a little surprised it great news
          Don’t thing the timing is at all surprising, I think every CBA deal that I can remember gets figured out just before camp.

Comment

• Originally posted by Magnum View Post

It seems to me that the league was well in control of negotiations. Not a peep from the anyone from the league and the Commish always seemingly hopeful a deal would be done.

I wonder if those that doubted Ambrosie are eating a little crow today.
            The PA wasnt saying anything either. Both sides agreed to not talk about it publicly or to the media. So it's a bit of a stretch to say that means the league had the upper hand.
            Is it May yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by juice View Post

The PA wasnt saying anything either. Both sides agreed to not talk about it publicly or to the media. So it's a bit of a stretch to say that means the league had the upper hand.
              Yeah both sides did a great job keeping things quiet, the only thing the PA went to the media to complain about was the delay in negotiations

Comment

• Originally posted by R.J View Post

Tbh, I was kind of hoping the players would hold out a little longer for a better deal, but not surprised that they didn't.
                How do you know they didn't get close to what they were asking?

After the first late night of negotiations on Monday, they sent a letter to their members tellign them to prepare to report for TC... with a vote to strike already passing, the CFLPA knew it had member support to sit until the 11th hour or push a strike if necessary...

I am not sure why people automatically assume the players are being raked over the coals, if a deal is done already then my guess is it was a pretty fair deal all around. or else it would have been dragged out right until the end... So unless the players changed position on the strike and urged the PA to take what they could get, so as to be paid bonuses and such, I can't see this being an all one sided deal like some of the CBA's of years past.
                Last edited by Itzgodzilla; 05-15-2019, 06:57 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigsexydawg
                  What’s your thoughts or speculation boys? I think modest sms increase, reduced ratio and little or no increase to minimums.
                  I agree. Might be something in there about protecting players by not defending the a**clowns who take headshots. That one doesn't cost money.

They might have something for the post career injury import players who get screwed the most. But, that does take money and not sure if the league could find an underwriter willing to take on that risk.

Comment

• Originally posted by RDavidson View Post

I agree. Might be something in there about protecting players by not defending the a**clowns who take headshots. That one doesn't cost money.

They might have something for the post career injury import players who get screwed the most. But, that does take money and not sure if the league could find an underwriter willing to take on that risk.
                    My bet is both sides agree to have a plan in place by the end of this agreement
                    Rider QB Scrappin in Full Swing

Comment

• I am thinking about a 200k SMS increase with 50k per year each year after, little to no change on ratio, Guaranteed Developmental spots only for Global players at this time, Minimums to go up 5k this season and 2.5k per season after until minimums are at 70k after 5 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by RDavidson View Post

Sponsored by Sunlife.... maybe they find a way to tie that into sponsorship??

Comment

• According to 3D Nation, Canadian QBs will count as Nats.

No change to the ratio re 7 starters. This part is not a surprise to me as I figure that if Halifax gets a team then they will have a Nat expansion draft with each team loosing 2 starting Nats but then they change the ratio to 5 starters to lesson the expansion draft impact.
                          Lionbacker

Comment

• Originally posted by DanoT View Post
                            According to 3D Nation, Canadian QBs will count as Nats.

No change to the ratio re 7 starters. This part is not a surprise to me as I figure that if Halifax gets a team then they will have a Nat expansion draft with each team loosing 2 starting Nats but then they change the ratio to 5 starters to lesson the expansion draft impact.
                            Bull ****. Why would the new team need 18 starting calibre Nationals when they would only need to roster 5. 1 National starter from each team would be plenty and 1 non starter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tyree View Post

Bull ****. Why would the new team need 18 starting calibre Nationals when they would only need to roster 5. 1 National starter from each team would be plenty and 1 non starter.
                              You are probably right about only getting to pick one starter from each team, nevertheless the time to reduce the required number of Nat starters is to do it in conjunction with league expansion.
                              Lionbacker

Comment

• Originally posted by DanoT View Post

You are probably right about only getting to pick one starter from each team, nevertheless the time to reduce the required number of Nat starters is to do it in conjunction with league expansion.
                                On the bolded, we agree. Here is how I would like to see it. Teams protect 3 National starters, Halifax picks one from the remaining four. Teams protect 6 non-starter Nationals and then Halifax picks one from the remaining 8. I think that should be more than fair to help them field some Nationals... and just to add a little quirk, Halifax cannot choose more than 1 former first round pick from any one team.
                                Last edited by Tyree; 05-15-2019, 09:57 PM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X