Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CFL/CFLPA Collective Agreement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Greenwall View Post

What about mexico and all the other places randy the globetrotter has visited.
    Apparently Randy is down there now lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Magnum View Post

The XFL could be that last stop if the CFL ceases to continue operations next year.
      How many Canadians/nationals would find a home there? Pretty close to zip is my opinion. Americans, who knows? Not really a viable option for most and would probably pay less with less security.

Comment

• Where's all the International TV money Ambrosie was supposed to get ?

He's now heading into his third year as Commish, and wasn't his 5 year plan to double the League's revenue, and yet things seem to be going downhill ?

Never thought I'd dislike a Commissioner more than Orridge and Goodell, but here we are.

Comment

• have you looked at how the ticket sales have gone so far for this year. Looks like sales are down big time

Comment

• Originally posted by Lotus View Post

I doubt the League would survive losing even half a season. Perhaps here in Riderville but the rest? I doubt it. There are a few teams who are already on thin ice. If there are lost games I feel for the Riders ticket office staff.

As far as the fans are concerned and especially the ones like myself who already have invested their money would in the best case scenario would receive some sort of credit on our accounts but if the League would actually go under we all would be sol.

Like with any business lose a customer and the chances of getting him back is nearly slim to none even if you are the only show in town. This same garbage happened 4 years ago and if we as fans can now expect tis happen every 4 years from now on?

I can't speak for others but this fan will now say fk it and use my hard earned to pay for another and or better vacation once a year.
            Quite honestly I think that if there is a strike we will have no option but to spend our cash elsewhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by R.J View Post
              Where's all the International TV money Ambrosie was supposed to get ?

He's now heading into his third year as Commish, and wasn't his 5 year plan to double the League's revenue, and yet things seem to be going downhill ?

Never thought I'd dislike a Commissioner more than Orridge and Goodell, but here we are.
              I am curious why he is not focusing more on the US but there may be a reason for it. In order for the CFL to grow they need to expand their markets.

Doubling league revenue in 5 years was not likely going to happen but it still could.

The CFL has few additional income sources compared to the bigger leagues that have massive TV contracts (due to having over 300 million viewers), video games which cost more then the CFL TV contract to make. A network that looses money every year that is dedicated to a single sport (NFL network). Finally you have demographics. Basketball and Soccer are growing because they are played everywhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by 71wedge View Post
                have you looked at how the ticket sales have gone so far for this year. Looks like sales are down big time
                How many people are waiting until a CBA is signed and they can be certain there will actually be a season?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jmdirk View Post

How many people are waiting until a CBA is signed and they can be certain there will actually be a season?
                  from the first look , it's a large number , but it also looks like a decrease of season tickets sales , maybe same reason

Comment

• Originally posted by Bowl450 View Post

then why are some teams paying QB's $700,000, and expecting others to play for $54,000 ?
                    League minimum should be 10 to 15% of highest paid player.
                    That would make minimum Salary in the NFL somewhere in the 2.4-3.3 million dollar range... not buying it....

2019 #'s... Highest paid contract is Aaron Rodgers...a QB... at 33.4 million.... league minimum for rookie contract is 480k... otherwise known as under 1.5%

That would make the comparable CFL minimum when comparing the top QB even making 750k... a WHOPPING $11,250.... The CFL discrepancy from top to bottom is only about 7-8% and that is taking the exceptions of some insanely high QB salaries which is super abnormal in the new SMS CFL... I'd say make these teams live with the mess they are creating by offering these contracts to QB's... Raise the minimum by even 5-10k each season and watch them sweat...
                    Last edited by Itzgodzilla; 05-13-2019, 09:43 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by R.J View Post

Bettman!

Comment

• Originally posted by the rouge View Post

Bettman!
                        I have no issue with Bettman, he's done a good job of growing the NHL. I know some dislike him because he fought so hard to keep the Coyotes in Glendale, and he didn't appear to do the same for Quebec and Winnipeg, but those situations were vastly different. I actually give him a lot of credit for keeping the Coyotes there when he did, but the team still being there is another matter IMO.

Comment

• Comment

They'll hammer out a deal
                            Ya friggin Pigeon

Comment

This is a positive sign... it means both sides are wanting to make a deal to avoid a lockout/walkout if at all possible IMO. There would be nothing worse then either side saying negotiations are limited at this time and trying to force the others hand by restraining negotiations. I am hopeful the league is coming in prepared to meet in the middle on most points, and are just seeing how low the players can go off the hop, and not a situation where the players are fighting to get any inch then can.

I'd rather this be a pressure move, with a quick release valve on the leagues part, rather than a choke hold on the players waiting for them to tap out.

Comment

• I wonder if the PA will back down on not reporting if significant progress is made? If talks fall apart, the PA can always fall back to a full strike on the 23rd, when all 9 teams are able to do so.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X