Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CFL/CFLPA Collective Agreement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lerriuqs View Post

Id put delaying discussions by two week when the season is two months away close to that category of being in the gutter.
    It was the PA choice to start negotiations so late and they are the ones yapping in the media

Comment

• While there were some things that went on last time between the CFLPA executive and league, I suspect one of the biggest contributing factors to everyone coming to work is no one wanted another Ottawa team to fail or get off to a rocky start. I don't believe the league and/or players wanted to see the new team start out with a labour dispute given the problems they had getting the team up and operational to start with.

In terms of this time around the player may have a little more resolve as Ottawa is doing good. Montreal and BC are question marks but getting the right ownership mix is the key to keeping them going.

Comment

• Originally posted by mikejth View Post
        While there were some things that went on last time between the CFLPA executive and league, I suspect one of the biggest contributing factors to everyone coming to work is no one wanted another Ottawa team to fail or get off to a rocky start. I don't believe the league and/or players wanted to see the new team start out with a labour dispute given the problems they had getting the team up and operational to start with.

In terms of this time around the player may have a little more resolve as Ottawa is doing good. Montreal and BC are question marks but getting the right ownership mix is the key to keeping them going.
        Considering the net profits for teams is in the low 6-7 digits players need to be realistic about what they can get.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cflgridiron View Post

Considering the net profits for teams is in the low 6-7 digits players need to be realistic about what they can get.
          I agree there isn't alot of money to play with, I doubt that SMS will increase by much then 5% if that and that is only a $270K increase. While BC remains a mystery as to how well they are doing, the biggest concerns in the league I suspect are Toronto and Montreal.

A concern should be overall attendance at games, between 2005 and 2013 the league averaged around 27 to 28K attendance per game. It is now down to 23 to 24K, even at $50 ticket that represents min league revenue of $12.1M per year drop. Since 2013 Sask has had 5 consecutive years of dropping attendance as a visiting team, we went from a high average of 32.1K to 25.4K since 2012.

Coincidentally, in 2012 first pre-season game was June12, two years later it was bumped a week ahead, and the last year it was bumped again with the 1st regular season game now June 12. It will be interesting to see if there is any real correlation between the schedule start dates and attendance.

Comment

• Originally posted by mikejth View Post

I agree there isn't alot of money to play with, I doubt that SMS will increase by much then 5% if that and that is only a $270K increase. While BC remains a mystery as to how well they are doing, the biggest concerns in the league I suspect are Toronto and Montreal.

A concern should be overall attendance at games, between 2005 and 2013 the league averaged around 27 to 28K attendance per game. It is now down to 23 to 24K, even at $50 ticket that represents min league revenue of $12.1M per year drop. Since 2013 Sask has had 5 consecutive years of dropping attendance as a visiting team, we went from a high average of 32.1K to 25.4K since 2012.

Coincidentally, in 2012 first pre-season game was June12, two years later it was bumped a week ahead, and the last year it was bumped again with the 1st regular season game now June 12. It will be interesting to see if there is any real correlation between the schedule start dates and attendance.
            Season ticket prices were far cheaper in 2012. The drop in attendance is in part due to cost. Not the only factor but I suspect a significant one.

Comment

• The fact that the entire East division moved into stadiums of around 24,000 seats certainly doesn't help the average. You can't bring up the average in those cities with one big draw anymore. Toronto's attendance completely crashing doesn't help either.

Hopefully the smaller stadiums help these team's overall revenue, as seats should sell for a bit more money than they used to.

Comment

• Bo says he won't go to camp without a new CBA.

https://3downnation.com/2019/04/17/b...out-a-new-cba/

Comment

• Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
                  Bo says he won't go to camp without a new CBA.

https://3downnation.com/2019/04/17/b...out-a-new-cba/
                  Nobody will be

https://3downnation.com/2019/04/17/c...-cba-in-place/
                  #keepthepromise

Onward with escaping the hopeless fantasy of an artificial freedom and darkened picket fences the disillusioned front of friendly foes

Comment

• Originally posted by Beacon.x View Post
                    All the league has to do is announce that the bonuses will be released to those who attend training camp. Boom, full training camps.

Comment

All the league has to do is announce that the bonuses will be released to those who attend training camp. Boom, full training camps.
                      Which is what, 10% of the players maybe? It's not like every player has a roster bonus.

also, nobody should ever work without a contract or some sort of letter of understanding
                      Last edited by Beacon.x; 04-18-2019, 09:47 AM.
                      #keepthepromise

Onward with escaping the hopeless fantasy of an artificial freedom and darkened picket fences the disillusioned front of friendly foes

Comment

• Originally posted by Cflgridiron View Post

Season ticket prices were far cheaper in 2012. The drop in attendance is in part due to cost. Not the only factor but I suspect a significant one.
                        I agree there are many factors, the economy is significantly different as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by gilligan View Post
                          The fact that the entire East division moved into stadiums of around 24,000 seats certainly doesn't help the average. You can't bring up the average in those cities with one big draw anymore. Toronto's attendance completely crashing doesn't help either.

Hopefully the smaller stadiums help these team's overall revenue, as seats should sell for a bit more money than they used to.
                          Toronto's average attendance hasn't changed all that much over the last 5 years they have bobbed up and down, once they started reporting real unpapered numbers for Skydome. Hamilton and Montreal attendance numbers are the roughly the same with slight changes year to year. Ottawa's numbers are relatively the same as well. So we can't really blame the stadiums.

Keep in mind in 2013 the riders average 37K, the most we will do in the future is 33K, unless they install the temp seating for the Grey Cup game early like they did in 2013. Given the cost of the tickets and recent performance in playoffs, I am not sure we will see a big jump next year.

Comment

• https://3downnation.com/2019/04/19/b...training-camp/

Comment

• Reilly just used free agency to negotiate a contract that he knows will eat up most of any SMS increase the league and players negotiate. That's his right, but don't pretend now that you care about your brothers' welfare.

Comment

Reilly just used free agency to negotiate a contract that he knows will eat up most of any SMS increase the league and players negotiate. That's his right, but don't pretend now that you care about your brothers' welfare.
                                No kidding ! What a fkn joke.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X