Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CFL/CFLPA Collective Agreement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Beacon.x View Post

    "some" being the 27 QBs in the league.

    "some" others probably like the idea. Like probably around 500 players.
    When they realize the quarterbacks are gobbling up their money I wonder how the rest of the players would vote on that issue.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by McGreen View Post

      Not a surprising standpoint from a union. Let's see what the teams that did not get a cap gobbling quarterback think about that.
      yeah, and I don't get that. shouldn't the good of the many members outweigh the good of a few? I get that they want more money overall, but if the cap a player making vast amounts more, the bulk of the union benefits. He says they don't like the idea of capping individuals in the PA, but most traditional union CBAs do exactly that by capping paybands, positions or trades.
      #keepthepromise

      Onward with escaping the hopeless fantasy of an artificial freedom and darkened picket fences the disillusioned front of friendly foes

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Beacon.x View Post

        yeah, and I don't get that. shouldn't the good of the many members outweigh the good of a few? I get that they want more money overall, but if the cap a player making vast amounts more, the bulk of the union benefits. He says they don't like the idea of capping individuals in the PA, but most traditional union CBAs do exactly that by capping paybands, positions or trades.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	621f38fd955daee2859f802f06f97de4.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	30.6 KB
ID:	420374

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Magnum View Post

          Click image for larger version

Name:	621f38fd955daee2859f802f06f97de4.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	30.6 KB
ID:	420374
          may the force be with you

          Click image for larger version

Name:	77a53483a8eda0bc4e78980f3fd0a78f.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	129.7 KB
ID:	420379
          #keepthepromise

          Onward with escaping the hopeless fantasy of an artificial freedom and darkened picket fences the disillusioned front of friendly foes

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Beacon.x View Post

            may the force be with you

            Click image for larger version

Name:	77a53483a8eda0bc4e78980f3fd0a78f.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	129.7 KB
ID:	420379
            Who is that weird lookin' duck?

            Comment


            • I think the NFL model has got it about right. There’s penalty for teams that let players go early. And guaranteed money is negotiated. Like bonuses and up front money. There needs to at least be penalties for teams that cast off players early and players that don’t fulfill contracts should have to return some of the signing bonus money in a prorated fashion also.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Tyree View Post

                Who is that weird lookin' duck?
                Dr. Who.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Tyree View Post

                  Who is that weird lookin' duck?
                  Yes
                  Riderfans - Came for the info... stayed for the drama.

                  Comment


                  • At one point, didn't a lot of players start negotiating those January bonuses in part as a way to make sure teams were going to commit to them/make teams release them earlier so they could catch on elsewhere before free agency?

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Oracle View Post

                      Yes
                      Someone got it.

                      Comment


                      • CFL commissioner Randy Ambrosie wants two ‘global’ roster spots: sources: CFL commissioner Randy Ambrosie wants two roster spots designated for “global players”, as part of the new collective bargaining agreement, per sources. Currently,… https://t.co/OGfO7dsLpN via @JDunk12

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Giventofly View Post
                          CFL commissioner Randy Ambrosie wants two ‘global’ roster spots: sources: CFL commissioner Randy Ambrosie wants two roster spots designated for “global players”, as part of the new collective bargaining agreement, per sources. Currently,… https://t.co/OGfO7dsLpN via @JDunk12
                          This is what I was afraid of. Ambrosie can GTF out of the CFL if he actually wants this to happen.
                          Last edited by R.J; 03-17-2019, 08:33 AM.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by R.J View Post
                            This is what I was afraid of. Ambrosie can GTF out of the CFL if he actually wants this to happen.
                            Now at what expense? 2 less imports or 2 less non imports.
                            Rider QB Scrappin in Full Swing

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Giventofly View Post
                              CFL commissioner Randy Ambrosie wants two ‘global’ roster spots: sources: CFL commissioner Randy Ambrosie wants two roster spots designated for “global players”, as part of the new collective bargaining agreement, per sources. Currently,… https://t.co/OGfO7dsLpN via @JDunk12
                              What kind of TV revenue can he bring in with this move?

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by mfranc View Post

                                What kind of TV revenue can he bring in with this move?
                                The Uzbeks will be watching on 3CP1
                                Rider QB Scrappin in Full Swing

                                Comment

                                Announcement

                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

                                Announcement

                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X