Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CFL/CFLPA Collective Agreement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am becoming very concerned at this rate that there may be an actual lock out coming at the worst time

Comment

• Originally posted by jlh2640 View Post
      I am becoming very concerned at this rate that there may be an actual lock out coming at the worst time
      What indications are concerning you that there will be a lock out?

Comment

• Originally posted by flatlandriderfan View Post

What indications are concerning you that there will be a lock out?
        Players are not happy

Comment

• Originally posted by Colonel Klink View Post

This is the PA's inherent problem - it's been mostly led by Candian players who benefit from the status quo, while the rank & file are underpaid American players who have different priorities
          Have a look at the player reps and the executive.

Comment

• Originally posted by jlh2640 View Post

Players are not happy
            There are a lot of players that have re-signed with their teams before free agency or seeing what a new CBA could yield. I don't think too many are unhappy or care about the CBA. Most of them care about getting a paycheque. One or two will speak out like Wilder did, but when push comes to shove, they will fold. I personally don't believe the league has any plans to lock them out and if they did, it will last until a week before the first regular season game is scheduled (i.e. first paycheque)

Comment

• Originally posted by flatlandriderfan View Post

There are a lot of players that have re-signed with their teams before free agency or seeing what a new CBA could yield. I don't think too many are unhappy or care about the CBA. Most of them care about getting a paycheque. One or two will speak out like Wilder did, but when push comes to shove, they will fold. I personally don't believe the league has any plans to lock them out and if they did, it will last until a week before the first regular season game is scheduled (i.e. first paycheque)
              I like to think both sides honestly want to get a deal in place without interruption. I also believe once they enter negotiations neither side will be surprised by what the other side is looking for. The way I see it both sides will try in earnest to make a deal happen. Only way either side might opt for their respective nuclear options of strike or lockout will be if they are still miles apart on multiple key issues when training camps open.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hambone View Post

I like to think both sides honestly want to get a deal in place without interruption. I also believe once they enter negotiations neither side will be surprised by what the other side is looking for. The way I see it both sides will try in earnest to make a deal happen. Only way either side might opt for their respective nuclear options of strike or lockout will be if they are still miles apart on multiple key issues when training camps open.
                The big asks from the players is medical and will still go after revenue sharing. Derick Dennis said 35% would be great. I donít see the league going that high. I could see the league doing a small amount of revenue sharing either specific to merch or an overall sharing model but significantly lower then 35%.
                I see the league putting in some medical coverage for very specific life altering situations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cflgridiron View Post

The big asks from the players is medical and will still go after revenue sharing. Derick Dennis said 35% would be great. I donít see the league going that high. I could see the league doing a small amount of revenue sharing either specific to merch or an overall sharing model but significantly lower then 35%.
                  I see the league putting in some medical coverage for very specific life altering situations.
                  yeah, 35% isn't going to happen. The Riders do like 35-40 mil in revenue, and they are the big dog. I think most teams would be happy at 24mil. at 24 mil that would be 8.4mil. Good luck with that lol. May as well just close the doors to the stadiums with that. The overhead teams have just doesn't afford that without significantly increasing ticket prices and driving fans away. Players seem to forget that these teams have a lot of the same costs of NFL teams with a fraction of the revenue.
                  #keepthepromise

Everybody knows you never go full Gary.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beacon.x View Post

yeah, 35% isn't going to happen. The Riders do like 35-40 mil in revenue, and they are the big dog. I think most teams would be happy at 24mil. at 24 mil that would be 8.4mil. Good luck with that lol. May as well just close the doors to the stadiums with that. The overhead teams have just doesn't afford that without significantly increasing ticket prices and driving fans away. Players seem to forget that these teams have a lot of the same costs of NFL teams with a fraction of the revenue.
                    that is what everyone forgets. If there was revenue sharing in the CFL, the league could probably only field a team half the size, they would be using the same ball each game along with taking the bus to the games.

I think $27M per year revenue is what was needed outside of the TV deal and Grey Cup to open up the contract to renegotiation and that has not been reached in the previous 5 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Magnum View Post

that is what everyone forgets. If there was revenue sharing in the CFL, the league could probably only field a team half the size, they would be using the same ball each game along with taking the bus to the games.

I think $27M per year revenue is what was needed outside of the TV deal and Grey Cup to open up the contract to renegotiation and that has not been reached in the previous 5 years.
                      Yeah, I mean it is not the "same" but it is relative right? They have pretty much the same expenses, just many of them are smaller. The big ones are the offices, stadium, practice space, and the staff that makes it all happen. Sure, the NFL's number would be higher in some of the essentially fixed costs, but what takes them say 20% of their revenue to cover might take the CFL 50%. That is a big deal.
                      #keepthepromise

Comment

• Originally posted by Beacon.x View Post

The only thing I can see is revenue sharing on merch or revenue sharing at a certain percentage on new revenue only. Basically when TV or other revenue contracts come due if there is a increase in what the league gets a percentage of that increase would go to the players or increase the cap.

One thing about the Riders is they operate 4-5 team stores so their operating costs are a bit different then most teams I would expect.

The big complaint players had was around how much coaches were being paid VS players and how coaches contracts were guaranteed. Which are valid complaints.

Hopefully the league can get some real TV money from the US deal in the next couple of years if the game takes off. If they can get to 1-2 million viewers that should make the CFL a decent TV contract offer from ESPN.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hambone View Post

I think you are absolutely correct that both sides want to get the deal done. They are smart enough to know that any length of stoppage is disastrous as neither side has the resources to prolong a fight. I also think that both sides have given a heads up to each other to what's on their "wish list" and they are now figuring out what they can live with.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Giventofly View Post
                              Are individual team events such as promos for upcoming season , mini camps , .and the like considered CFL events or is it more actual things the league organizes and promotes .

Comment

• Originally posted by pmurph View Post

Are individual team events such as promos for upcoming season , mini camps , .and the like considered CFL events or is it more actual things the league organizes and promotes .
                                I would assume those would be events. So would visiting schools and such I imagine
                                #keepthepromise

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X