Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kent Austin no longer Vice President of Football Ops.....named Ticats consultant

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Greenwall View Post
    When does Tillman get the axe ???
    Based on what? The fact he wasn't "let go" or demoted indicates he's sitting secure right now. Don't know why everyone is equating Kent with ET in this matter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigsexydawg View Post

Seems ET hasn't got much decision making power these days in Steeltown.
      Nope , lol its a gongshow in Hamilton.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Bigsexydawg View Post

If they were to sign Johnny ol June Cleaver will be the first to say "Jeremiah who?"
          What is he , a 911 operator in Oregon?!?

Comment

• Originally posted by Greenwall View Post
            When does Tillman get the axe ???
            when the talent is not there to win - clearly June Jones proved Kent had the players - it was the HC the OC and the DC that was the problem

Comment

• Originally posted by Rotor View Post

when the talent is not there to win - clearly June Jones proved Kent had the players - it was the HC the OC and the DC that was the problem
              He won 6 games in which 3 were against non playoff teams including 2 against MTL. I think there is lots to prove this year for them

Comment

• Originally posted by greenale View Post

He won 6 games in which 3 were against non playoff teams including 2 against MTL. I think there is lots to prove this year for them
                ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This; I was quite impressed at times with the revived Ticats after June Cleaver, er, Jones arrived; but there is some context there. Agreed the Ticats have plenty of talent - and Kenty and Tillspin deserve credit for getting and deploying it; but - ALL CFL teams yearly have plenty of talent - established players and new guys. Coaching smarts is the big factor that is so often under-rated IMO.

Be very interesting to see how June, with Jerry Glanville now too pitching in, does with the on-field product with a fresh slate / TC on in start and full season. Same deal with the new staff in Montreal. The East will be very interesting IMO.

Comment

No blame on the cats former QB?
                  Can ZC feed cram sammiches??

Comment

• Originally posted by Mallard View Post

No blame on the cats former QB?
                    I know guys like yourself are hoping for the worst from him here - but NO the situations regarding firing the head coach and the OC are pretty well documented in these boards -

Comment

• Originally posted by greenale View Post

so do I - so do they -

Comment

I know guys like yourself are hoping for the worst from him here - but NO the situations regarding firing the head coach and the OC are pretty well documented in these boards -
                        Ummm no Rotor, not at all hoping for the "worst" from Collaros but it's odd how everything that "improved" in Hamilton had "nothing" to do with switching starting QB's even though the timing is more than co-incidental. ZC may very well get a new lease on life with the Riders and I'm hoping it happens.

Comment

Ummm no Rotor, not at all hoping for the "worst" from Collaros but it's odd how everything that "improved" in Hamilton had "nothing" to do with switching starting QB's even though the timing is more than co-incidental. ZC may very well get a new lease on life with the Riders and I'm hoping it happens.
                          then why take any opportunity that arises to raise the same doubt over and over and over again? Your doubts were discussed when we acquired him - and you have re raised it virtually every month ever since at every opportunity that arises

what facts or situations do you think will have changed before he gets to play again that will change the narrative in any way what-so-ever? So why do you want it to go around and around each time? Short memory?

Comment

QB play was obviously a problem last season. Even with taking into account all the "excuses", when you watched ZC play he was not good....he was terrible.

Hopefully a change of scenery allows ZC to do a 180. If he does I think a grey cup birth is very possible....To be honest I think its possible even with BB at the helm.
                            Last edited by greenale; 04-16-2018, 07:29 AM.

Comment

so do I - so do they -
                              Im confused as in your previous post where you stated "clearly June Jones proved Kent had the players - it was the HC the OC and the DC that was the problem"

Have they proven it or do they still need to?

Comment

then why take any opportunity that arises to raise the same doubt over and over and over again? Your doubts were discussed when we acquired him - and you have re raised it virtually every month ever since at every opportunity that arises

what facts or situations do you think will have changed before he gets to play again that will change the narrative in any way what-so-ever? So why do you want it to go around and around each time? Short memory?
                                Yes, I certainly did raise "doubts" about Collaros. I've also repeatedly stated the "bargain basement hobo QB by committee concept" got the Riders to one bad blown defensive coverage of getting to the Grey Cup so in addition to "raising doubts" I've given credit where credit is due. But no one can say that the TiCats problems in the first half of the '17 season were on everyone else EXCEPT Collaros with a straight face. He's a Rider now and I'm hoping for the best. He's going to need a decent run game & blocking to help him out of he's going to succeed. And I'm hoping a certain Jonestown assistant gets that done for him.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X