Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chris Jones: " I want more out of them. I'm hard on them. "

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris Jones: " I want more out of them. I'm hard on them. "

To me, those two sentences explain everything. He is trying to find something, anything from the QB's that he currently has.

One can argue the merits of signing Collaros, how much money, and how injury prone he is and how 'right' some of you are about him. The fact is he is concussed and can't play.

No matter what the QB-centric panel on TSN says (Henry always hated being pulled, NEVER felt it was justified even under his WORST games).

Bridge was pretty much awful all game. But he did make a couple of plays at the end to win this game. AND furthermore, he got two awesome catches out of Thigpen and especially Stanford on the last drive.

The only reason....and I mean the ONLY reason why Chris Jones made all of the QB changes was to try to win THIS game. He has no bias against Bridge. He has no bias against Canadian QB's.

He was simply looking for a spark, some simple throws completed in a sequence...anything to help us win this game.

And he finally got it.

Personally I don't have a lot of faith in Bridge. But he is our QB now. I will gladly cheer him on and frankly I won't give a crap who he is, what country he is from if he is playing well.

Agree with this post. Neither QB was showing much spark tonight. Jones is a little bit in desperation mode, so he was flipping them. i think Bridge is the guy going forward until ZC is healthy

Comment

Someone will have to grab the brass ring.......eventually.............I hope.

Comment

Originally posted by The Hold View Post
        Agree with this post. Neither QB was showing much spark tonight. Jones is a little bit in desperation mode, so he was flipping them. i think Bridge is the guy going forward until ZC is healthy
        Some of that play calling wasnt helping, The thing is with Jones its stay on course and do the play that is called. Go off script and get pulled and cut,

Comment

I don't think McAdoo has enough plays in his playbook, so he relies on the variations that he gets from using a different QB.

Or else they only each have half the book.

Comment

...11 of 13 101 yards...4 carries for 30 yards...Yeah he sucked...

Comment

Has Watford shown anything, I mean anything to warrant getting another shot? He makes 3 yards pass attempts an adventure.

Comment

Masoli can have his record tonight. We'll take a W.

Comment

It's not like the offense was working before.

I would think that swapping QBs may have made things a bit more random for the defense to deal with. Not saying it was a stroke of genius, but it's a way of mixing things up. Of course it can prevent your offense from getting in a rhythm. But our offense has no rhythm and needs a defibrillator anyway

Comment

I got more and more angry with the comments made by that panel--they obviously don't realize that there are historical examples of 2-quarterback systems (as we know from the 1980's). But the lowest of all was when Milt Stegall had the gall to imply that Chris Jones made his coaching decisions based on "ego" (his word!) that made him want to demonstrate that he was "smarter than everyone else". That is frankly an outrageous accusation (whether or not one agrees with those decisions) that almost borders on slander...

Comment

Originally posted by GreenDiasporaDiva View Post
                      I got more and more angry with the comments made by that panel--they obviously don't realize that there are historical examples of 2-quarterback systems (as we know from the 1980's). But the lowest of all was when Milt Stegall had the gall to imply that Chris Jones made his coaching decisions based on "ego" (his word!) that made him want to demonstrate that he was "smarter than everyone else". That is frankly an outrageous accusation (whether or not one agrees with those decisions) that almost borders on slander...
                      There is no slander in football.

Comment

Originally posted by MidNite Rider View Post
                        Bridgehate should be a word around here. When people on offense take dumb penalties forcing us to punt it's bridge's fault. When our running game can't pick up 2 yards and it forces us to punt, it's Bridge's fault. When our co-coordinator calls a qb sneak on 2nd and 19 or a screen on 2nd and long and it results in punts it's Bridge's fault. How do you fault a QB for running the play called and completing the pass. He was 11 for 13. He had the fumble trying to make a play. It happens. If he was 4 inches further along he breaks the plane and it's a TD.

Comment

Indeed, there is no slander in football. But Stegall is no longer playing football--it seems he is himself trying to demonstrate that he is smarter than everyone else...and failing utterly.

Comment

Originally posted by MidNite Rider View Post
                            If that was prorated, what would the numbers be.

He took care of the ball except for the fumble at the goal line, but bottom line no interceptions which killed him last week.

Bottom line is those numbers dont win many games.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenDiasporaDiva View Post
                              Even in the days of 2 qb systems coaches never switched qbs 8 times in a game. I'm not sure if worse for it to be "ego" or stupidity, but neither are great and it's one or the other. Chris Jones is a fine defensive coordinator, but I'm not sure he's a great head coach.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X