Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A thread for those who love stats, 2018

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not a great stat to go by to read into much, but interesting to simply see the contrast:

I think this is the first time I have noticed this chart this year. I assumed Ward would be atop of it:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DqXHh3lX4AA4IC4.jpg:large.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	119.3 KB
ID:	345999

#keepthepromise

Everybody knows you never go full Gary.

Comment

With such a good results with 4-man rush..... why does Jones send 3 man rush. Anyways, a good analysis by Vanstone and D Taylor.

JONES OWNS LIONS

Roughriders head coach/defensive co-ordinator Chris Jones sent more than four pass rushers only 9.7 per cent of the time Saturday.

The following pass-rush data is courtesy of TSN’s great Derek Taylor:

Three-man rush: Lions quarterbacks Travis Lulay and Jonathon Jennings went 9-for-15 for 128 yards, with one touchdown and one interception. Lulay also scrambled for a gain of three.

Four-man: 3-10, 20 yards, one interception, two sacks.

Five-man: 1-2, five yards.

Six-man: None.

Seven-man: None.

Eight-man: 1-1, two yards.

The four-man numbers are of particular interest. In those situations, Jones’ mastery of the Lions was apparent.

Most notable was a fourth-quarter play on which Ed Gainey returned an interception for a 42-yard touchdown.

On that play, the Roughriders’ four-man rush was anything but standard. Defensive ends Charleston Hughes and Willie Jefferson both dropped back into coverage. Jones rushed the passer with Tobi Antigha (an athletic marvel who can play anywhere), defensive tackle Eddie Steele, and linebackers Cameron Judge and Samuel Eguavoen.

Although Lulay did not face intense pressure, the congestion of passing lanes presented a problem.

Lulay looked 25 yards downfield for Ricky Collins Jr., who was well-covered by Gainey and Mike Edem. The pass was high — Hughes occupied the lane between Lulay and Collins — and Gainey intervened.

Asked about the Roughriders’ defence by Postmedia’s Ed Willes, Lulay responded: “They tried to make you one-dimensional, then sit back in the zone. If you play backed-up all night, they’ll pounce on your mistakes.”
      The Saskatchewan Roughriders defeated the B.C. Lions 35-16 on Saturday despite the virtual lack of a passing attack.

Comment

Here is my final QB drive chart. The two main numbers here are yards per drive and points per drive.

Name:	y4moVfNn7ZZpTHYvMNrf93vP5-6sMI3_GS7WnLW-MbSCfNrtFBlBCyN0WoDYRpZ6hUrQuvvh6u7W-O5adZjJNgd1aMcPnqNYrRasCPcc68Y15OYNPjc7pQ_K7xgg-esNuaCJ-c2YMtPRaERP94dOs00h_eL9BYuvMnEz0NLrynVdw-jbIXZg28EA4J2DjyVNmKG4vJIFT0eaFsEGodiRMytCg?width=787&height=485&cropmode
Size:	162.0 KB
ID:	356799

Individual Roughriders penalties

Name:	y4mmadEw23PvJjGoBVG9pk-qm4d92YKI70TBBf87Yzb1GdaNCg5i32osCSiywTembajIjamusp8QglAEanIlycwEmWMIxcDaMMOe986fLqseFSaZaMoV1F9-tboSqkUc4BXJdGnyP4fAPBZFIpEDyw0iypQwTtY4VzVztSqnxjWuHxqIfrZSJ0Z-oLUSTBXWNGO6c-AUVNeDALkGoc5ZMHd5g?width=380&height=795&cropmode
Size:	79.9 KB
ID:	356800

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X